I guess it's synth month because U-HE is finishing the new Hive synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

psmacmur wrote: Supersaw is implemented at the oscillator level. Its an alternative waveform to saw, square, triangle etc.
Just as the Roland System-1 has Supersaw, Supersquare & SuperTriange oscs.

zerocrossing wrote: Oh, sorry. Haven't been following, but if that's the case, consider me uninterested. I got supersaws, ultrasaws out the yazoo. I don't even get out of bed for anything less than a megasaw.
Yep, but, I hope it does well for Urs so that he's freed up to get back to work on the important stuff.

ghettosynth wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: Oh, sorry. Haven't been following, but if that's the case, consider me uninterested. I got supersaws, ultrasaws out the yazoo. I don't even get out of bed for anything less than a megasaw.
Yep, but, I hope it does well for Urs so that he's freed up to get back to work on the important stuff.
One can also say "we have had lots of analog-modelled substractive synths long before Diva, why would Urs even make it instead of working on the important stuff?".

I think Sylenth is so popular not because it does supersaws, but because it sounds good, has wide sonic range despite very simple architecture and uses almost no CPU. There will be allways a need for such synths in most electronic music genres, if Hive is going to be one of them it must become a succesful synth.

I do hope that Urs doesn't try to closely imitate Sylenth though (because I have it running fine on my Win x64). However making a softsynth emulating another softsynth would be a notable postmodernist act on its own.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:I think Sylenth is so popular not because it does supersaws, but because it sounds good, has wide sonic range despite very simple architecture and uses almost no CPU. There will be allways a need for such synths in most electronic music genres, if Hive is going to be one of them it must become a succesful synth.
My thoughts exactly.
I do hope that Urs doesn't try to closely imitate Sylenth though (because I have it running fine on my Win x64). However making a softsynth emulating another softsynth would be a notable postmodernist act on its own.
Hive isn't emulating Sylenth. Some concepts are similar, naturally, but we're doing a lot of things differently.

Will there be any way to import samples/waves? Can't wait for a demo.

ragout wrote:Will there be any way to import samples/waves? Can't wait for a demo.
Nope… no samples, just plain synthesis.

Urs wrote:Hive isn't emulating Sylenth. Some concepts are similar, naturally, but we're doing a lot of things differently.
Will you be emailing faux-gold embossed Fanboy VST Certificate of Authenticity certificates to all owners? Something to think about.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Urs wrote:
ragout wrote:Will there be any way to import samples/waves? Can't wait for a demo.
Nope… no samples, just plain synthesis.
Can you say how many waveforms there will be in TheHive yet?

How much cpu will Hive eat? Similar as DIVA? Or way less?

sound sculptist

Urs wrote: Hive isn't emulating Sylenth. Some concepts are similar, naturally, but we're doing a lot of things differently.
That's good, waiting for the demo now.

The first thing I gonna do with it will be trying to recreate Arp 303 Saw preset (the one which loads in Sylenth by default, lol). So far I didn't manage to emulate this squelchy liquid thing with the same level of awesomeness with other synths. There is something special about Sylenth's filters and envelopes.

recursive one wrote:
Urs wrote: Hive isn't emulating Sylenth. Some concepts are similar, naturally, but we're doing a lot of things differently.
That's good, waiting for the demo now.

The first thing I gonna do with it will be trying to recreate Arp 303 Saw preset (the one which loads in Sylenth by default, lol). So far I didn't manage to emulate this squelchy liquid thing with the same level of awesomeness with other synths. There is something special about Sylenth's filters and envelopes.
We'd have to add a sequencer then… I'm still torn between trance gate and sequencer… will try several things next week and see where we go.

kbaccki wrote:Will you be emailing faux-gold embossed Fanboy VST Certificate of Authenticity certificates to all owners? Something to think about.
That won't be necessary.

Urs wrote: We'd have to add a sequencer then… I'm still torn between trance gate and sequencer… will try several things next week and see where we go.
From the user's POV I'd prefer a sequencer. If it were able to be a modulation source and had "tie" function it would also act as a trance gate.

It's up to the U-he team, of course :)

recursive one wrote: From the user's POV I'd prefer a sequencer. If it were able to be a modulation source and had "tie" function it would also act as a trance gate.
This, exactly. An arp/sequencer is pretty much a standard feature for a synth like this, and can easily be used as a trance-gate if needed. Something like Alchemy's arp/seq would be ideal.

Return to “Instruments”