Why doesn't Sound on Sound mag. have an FL Studio section?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gol seems to have an issue with semantics

sjm wrote:gol seems to have an issue with semantics
no, not really...you see these type of comments are also marketing, Scott gets to keep pimping out his power users, gol jumps in and keeps the thread going. Trust me, IL eats these threads up because any exposure is good exposure and tbh I dont blame them one bit for wanting to make sales and tbh turning criticism into exposure is an age old trick. :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Kriminal wrote: Its still marketing, or why would you bother putting them on your site....
ok, so when we don't put it on our site, it's not marketing?
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Hink wrote:Trust me, IL eats these threads up because any exposure is good exposure and tbh I dont blame them one bit for wanting to make sales and tbh turning criticism into exposure is an age old trick. :tu:
yeah, I'm arguing here.. for sales..
Scott's job is marketing, not mine.

tony tony chopper wrote:
Kriminal wrote: Its still marketing, or why would you bother putting them on your site....
ok, so when we don't put it on our site, it's not marketing?

Answer me this, why are they on your site? (or anyones site)

I remember trying Fruity Loops 15 years ago (or when the first version came out?), was very cool and uber-intuitive to use for me at that time. Though I still stayed with Jeskola Buzz. I tried to use it some time ago, it didn't click. Though I know it's very powerful.
FL Studio is quite a beast frankly, but dedicating a whole thread to discussion about why SoS doesn't feature FL is stupid.
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

trimph1 wrote:
Chopper wrote:
trimph1 wrote:
FL is a "toy", right? :roll: :?
before reacting that typical fanboy way, do you understand what i was replying to???
Who you referring to as a fanboy, m8?

:help:

You sound like a basher then, conversely speaking. Are you? :hihi:
again, do you understand what i was replying to???

plus I can see you didn't get my point. that's ok. I do not mind one bit.
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Kriminal wrote: Answer me this, why are they on your site? (or anyones site)
because we can use the INFO as marketing?

Cher's autotuning, was it clever marketing from Antares? Of course not. Yet, why wouldn't Antares use that fact for marketing reasons?

It happens that some famous people use FL. We didn't ask them to. We use that fact for marketing. The marketing is the use of that fact, it's not the fact itself.

Better analogy, those Speedo swimsuits. Had it been a TV ad, no one would have used them to swim faster, because that'd be marketing. But no, those new swimsuits allowed breaking records. THAT is a fact, and THAT is worth switching to that swimsuit. But that certainly shouldn't prevent Speedo from using that for marketing reasons (would be really stupid not to).
Last edited by tony tony chopper on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cher didn't use Autotune. it was all Eventide...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Chopper wrote:cher didn't use Autotune. it was all Eventide...
until you prove it, I'll trust wikipedia

tony tony chopper wrote:
Kriminal wrote: Answer me this, why are they on your site? (or anyones site)
because we can use the INFO as marketing?

It happens that some famous people use FL. We didn't ask them to. We use that fact for marketing. The marketing is the use of that fact, it's not the fact itself.

So you agree, its all marketing. Doesnt matter how you dress it up, 'famous' ppl are on your site as a marketing tool.

I dont have a problem with it at all. But dont pretend they are not on your pages to sell your product....

Kriminal wrote: I dont have a problem with it at all. But dont pretend they are not on your pages to sell your product....
tell me anything that's on our pages that's not marketing

anyway, if you can't make the difference between a runner's shoes and the one he promotes on TV, your problem.

FL Studio is a sequencer, not a DAW. IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN A SEQUENCER.

camsr wrote:FL Studio is a sequencer, not a DAW. IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN A SEQUENCER.
It started as a sequencer. These days FL Studio is classified as Digital Audio Workstation Software (DAW Software).

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”