Ozone 6 Announced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 8 Standard

So they completely removed the module presets feature? And the included presets are a very short list compared to the ones Ozone 5 offered. The one feature I liked about 5 was the module presets. Pretty sad when a trial of a new version of a product I've been buying for more than 10 years only lasts about 20 mins before I give up and uninstall it.

They still don't seem to have a handle on how to manage VST libraries. It seemed slightly better than RX4's totally unusable system but did hang and crash while trying to scan my VST folder.

I liked the new UI. But they need to bring back the module presets feature, add in a new historical/legacy presets section (I suppose I could figure out how to move them over but that's why I pay them money), bring back the scale sliders for each module, and bring back the reverb module if they want me to look at it again.
-Matt

I'm sure lots of the original presets used the missing reverb module. That's likely why they're MIA.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:Did anyone mention that the vectorscope no longer has the "cloud" part of the display? Did they downgrade that as well? The Help button does nothing when I click it. Man, I'm an idiot...I just came to grips with the 4 module limit and the missing reverb...

I can only laugh at myself. :hihi:
Actually that SHOULD work...but it doesn't...not for either of us. In the videos about Ozone 6 it shows as working. Additionally as you change between views, it does not update. That sounds like a bug.

And I updated from 5 to 6 Advanced...eish.

EDIT- Submitted as bug.

P.S. Why is Insight not updated to new format? Mine is still the O5 green...

I dl the normal version by mistake, didn't try the plugin but did have a look at the Stand Alone version. My first thoughts were that it looks bling. Then I thought why bling? Its distracting me from what I need to do. Then I played with the EQ graphic a bit and boy does it suck. I grabbed the first node of a bell curve and dragged it around the ui, I found it sloppy, in accurate and overall poor; I normally use FabFilter Pro Q v1 and compared to that plugin, this is miles away!

I then dived into the menus and found that there was a toggle for Inter sample Peak Detection for the maximiser, why they buried it in the menues is beyond me. I noticed that on the dynamics module, there is also a ISP icon of which I clicked and didn't notice any visible change to the meters at all. So I am not sure it did anything, there are small numbers at the base of the meters that I took were giving a read out of the ISP peaks, they stayed the same through out. No matter where I set the limiter and the threshold, no change.

I really slammed the maximiser as well, over 8db Threshold setting and the audio broke down completely, I was surprised. The track sounded awful and I mean awful to the point that anyone with ears would shudder if they were listening to it, I then un installed it haha. I am downloading the advanced version now but I am going to have to really stick with it and get underneath the hood of this thing to see if its worth anything at all.

Jelly wrote:Happy O5 Advanced user (advanced version, not advanced user :wink: ). Truly disappointing update - I must say this is the first time they've ever disappointed me with a new version - I've been in since Ozone 1!

+1

Does Izotope have a history of updating products after release? I certainly hope they'll address the issues and bring some new features.. Otherwise I'll stick with O5.
I'm gonna guess that they removed verb since some (not me) say it doesn't belong in the mastering chain but if they had simply polled their large userbase they would have had a clear answer..

Here's some unsolicited advice for Izotope:
Respond to the various forum threads instead of remaining silent.
Create an FR tracker that registered users can submit and vote on so you have real world data.
Actively communicate development plans and progress (grass roots small dev style) and release betas for test and feedback.

It's not too late to prevent a catastrophe..

Lets hope they do respond on here because at the moment reading this thread has made it a very easy choice to decide not to upgrade.

I think i'll just save up for the Fabfilter Mastering bundle. I was honestly hoping that there was going to be some more updates, but after demoing Ozone5 and Alloy2 more I'm not so sure I really like what it has to offer.

Fabfilter and DMG audio seems like such a much better idea.
:borg:

rustman wrote:I just bought the "upgrade" from Ozone 5 to 6. I really should have checked it out first. I missed the part about the dynamic EQ only being included in advanced. My mistake. So far, I can find no provision for storing presets for the individual processors, only global presets. Likewise, it seems as though there are far fewer factory presets than 5. I could be wrong. The installer installs all of the advanced stuff such as individual modules (trial versions) as well, and you have to remove them manually to keep them from appearing on your list of available inserts (kinda like IK Multimedia does). This is totally classless imo.

I made a mistake, but at least it was only a $99 mistake. Thank god Ozone 5 co-exists peacefully on my machine. I'll be using 5 I guess.

:roll:
If I understood it right, the component/processor presets are for advanced users, ehm advanced payers, ehm... :D Not sure though.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I always thought the price difference between standard and advanced was absurd for what you get. In my case, I have K scale loudness monitoring in Cubase, and lots of individual plugins that I can use individually if needed. For instance, I wouldn't reach for the separate Izotope reverb module when I can call up Valhalla xxx.
I think that they took away from standard so that advanced looks like it has enough upgrades to make it worth a small fortune. To make loyal customers pay $99 to get much less is really dirty, imo.
Then again, I can only blame myself for falling for it. I will take out $99 worth of bad word-of-mouth and toss it in Izotopes direction though.
:hihi:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

I don't think iZotope ever updates features between major versions. They tweak things, they might fix bugs (though their tech support appears to be designed to blow off any issues that come up). But I don't believe they are even capable of fixing the kind of core fundamental problems Ozone 6 has. So glad I installed the demo and didn't buy it blind.
-Matt

This upgrade makes absolutely no sense to me. It makes Izotope appear as if they have become some large, cold, greedy, etc corporation that's completely out of tune to what their users want. It seems as if they have completely lost sight of what made them and their products special. Or they need to check into rehab cause it seems someone there has picked up a seriouse drug problem. I've been a seriouse lover and bandwagon member of Izotope and i own Ozone 5 Advanced and see absolutely no incentive to upgrade to Ozone 6 Advanced only incentive to avoide it due to the loss of some beloved features (in particular for me the Gate, the scaling slider for each module and i think the global ability to remove all bands of multiband modules in the 'Options' view). Ozones strenghth is that it is highly flexible and Izotope starts to take away editing flexibility for a 'pretty face'. Ozone strenghth also is its many algorithms in one GUI at a great price and Izotope is now countering that by removing some of the algorithms and increasing the price. Instead of trying to work hard at satisfying the O5 Advanced users they have worked hard to push us away. I never saw this comming from a company who i deemed as one of the top best companies on the market and held in very high regard. They seem to be pushing their customers into their competitors arms.

Oh well, i guess IK Multimedia has won the competition on being the best bang-for-buck plugins out here that are second-to-none, glad i racked up on gear-credits this summer. I only hope IK Multimedia don't eventually change on me like this as well since i really do see T-racks and Amplitube as being outstanding key pieces to my arsenal much like Ozone 5 Advanced.

I don't buy UAD, Waves, SSL, etc anymore cause i truly believe they are grossly overpriced when listening to the results you get with them compared to other companies plugins that are cheaper but better or at least as good and believe those Companies are greedy shysters. Izotope is just like the overpricing companies i avoide now. I can't believe how dramatically they've changed their business model in such a short time. I own many of their plugins i.e. Trash 2, Nectar 2 Production Suite, Spectron, and including Ozone 5 Advanced; all of wich i believe were no-brainers and EXTREMELY great deals when i bought them and even now. I usually don't complain about a company in public unless it's a big deal and truly wrong in my eyes, and this does seem pretty huge to me. I really don't understand Izotope's huge change in business model and turn-around, especially from a company i really like and believed was different. I feel like i've been baited in with great bargain deals only to be later made a cash-cow of once the company gets successfull and get their first chance to do so. I will skip this upgrade and hope they get their act together in the near future.

Its good i save money by not buying O6 Advanced upgrade for $300 but bad i may have to wait another 3 or 4 years before enough improvements are in Ozone Advanced to get a better tool, or really sad that i may never upgrade again. I've been supporting Izotope for more than 10 years now and this day they've dissapointed me like never before. I will be sending them a complaint email as well and really hope they reconsider and give us a better upgrade to a product many have come to love. There really is nothing like Ozone 5 Advanced on the market but i'm not afraid to abandon it at some point if Izotope don't get back on track and in touch with their user-base. Sorry for the long rant.
Last edited by sounddesigner on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

sounddesigner wrote:There really is nothing like Ozone 5 Advanced on the market but i'm not afraid to abandon it at some point if Izotope don't get back on track and in touch with their user-base. Sorry for the long rant.
I sent my email in for all the good it will do.

But I feel the same... Izo were one of the companies you could really depend on (until the dreaded Ozone 6). :(
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

This was the reply I received from Izotope:

"Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I can certainly understand your frustration that certain features were removed.

One of our goals for Ozone 6 was to create a less-cluttered and more direct user experience. This did mean unfortunately removing certain features or options that current Ozone users are used to. That being said, we are happy to hear feedback from these changes, both good and bad, and I will certainly share your message with our Product Management team.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions!"

Please write to Izotope and express you concerns with Ozone 6. If there will be enough complaints maybe they will do something about it.

You would think they would have beta testers or some kind of review process before shooting themselves in the face like this. I was torn between getting Ozone 6 or upgrading to T-Racks Grand...and I'm now a proud new owner of T-Racks Grand.

Return to “Effects”