How to generate a 30/40 Hz sine bass tone (with mda TestTone)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How does one go about generating a 30/40 Hz sine bass tone with the TestTone effect plugin by mda? It needs to be as close to exactly 30 Hz or 40 Hz as possible. Does anyone know?

On the mda help-page it says: "sine waves at musical pitches (A3 = 69 = 440 Hz)". A3 refers to the MIDI value. Yet there is also a knob called F1 which is used to set the frequency. This is a bit confusing IMO. First off, the DAW doesn't show frequency # when turning the F1 knob. Secondly it sounds like to me as if both the played MIDI value and the F1 defines the frequency!?

I'm probably understanding it all wrong...

PS: For those not in the know - you can get the mda VST Plugin Pack in a 64-bit version(!) by clicking here.
Hardware: M-Audio Audiophile USB + Studiophile BX5a | Numark PT-01 USB | Akai MPC2500 SE

Software: FL Studio 11 | Groove Machine | Geist | TX16Wx 2 Pro | EZdrummer | Arturia Minimoog-V Original | kHs One | Bass Station | V-Station

In Reaper I get a frequency number next to the frequency sliders. F1 is a course adjustment and F2 is a fine adjustment.
If your DAW doesn't show this, simply stick a plug like Voxengo Span after TestTone. It will show you the frequency on it's graph.

I'm guessing the step you missed is turning the "Mode" knob to "SINE," which is one notch to the right of center. Then numbers will show up under F1 and F2 and you can adjust them as bk describes. Also you don't need to feed the plugin midi; it will play the pitch on its own.

Return to “Effects”