Announcing Grace 1.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Grace

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Great job man! Just got it. Q: is the keyfile supposed to be an html link to a login page? I'm d/l on my dumbphone so that might make a difference. Thanks-
Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Never mind, got the keyfile from a pc. Lots of creative possibilities with the mod setup. Pitching sounds good too. Solid 1.0 release, thanks a bunch!
Hmm.. not sure why it didn't work on your phone.

Its not the first time- just certain types of files. All good now though. Much fun! Will there be multiouts?

congrats Shannon, can't wait to have my new pc ready and try it.
:clap:

Want to give this sampler a big thumbs up - I will be using this for my samples over Kontakt 5 because of it's simplicity for working with own samples, I didn't need to read any manual to get going, loading samples, truncating samples, pitching and keygrouping. It is a steal at the price. Don't let the budget price put you off.... :tu:

I hope it does well for OneSmallClue. :clap:

I just found my free license in the members section of One Small Clue and I did the highest bid on the Kvr auction.

I hope I can transfer 1 of the 2 licenses and get Shannon another satisfied customer. :)

very angry mobster wrote:
zyguli wrote:Cool! Would you consider adding unisono?
Sorry Zyguli, unison is off the list for the time being. I want to get the CPU usage down before adding any expensive new features.
I can understand that. Hopefully one day. Congrats and good luck!

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Will there be multiouts?
I haven't made any firm plans about what additional features will be added yet. Multiouts would be useful for some types of patches. I'll keep it in mind.
congrats Shannon, can't wait to have my new pc ready and try it.
Thanks!

There seem to be automatic crossfading occurring when setting the loop points, is that right?

Very nice...this was an instant buy for me and makes for a nice companion with Poise!

The sfz import is working well and is exactly what I have been looking for in a plugin. Is there any chance of SF2 support in the future?

zyguli wrote:There seem to be automatic crossfading occurring when setting the loop points, is that right?
There is. It's only a small amount to minimise clicks. How are you finding it?
Is there any chance of SF2 support in the future?
Maybe. I've not worked with SF2 before so not sure if it would be difficult to add or not. I'll check it out when I have some time.

Thanks for considering SF2 support :) There is not much out there that supports both SFZ and SF2. The original sfz plugin did both , but afaik TX16Wx is the only current plugin that does both. Even at this early stage I am preferring Grace to TX16Wx, so hopefully you can add it at some stage!

very angry mobster wrote:
zyguli wrote:There seem to be automatic crossfading occurring when setting the loop points, is that right?
There is. It's only a small amount to minimise clicks. How are you finding it?
I think it's a very neat feature as it allows to make a sound useful very quickly, but as a control freak, I would like to be able to turn the x-fade completely off, so making different timbres by setting the loop points "wrongly" would be possible, and also I would like to be able to set the length of fading area by myself, for even more sound design options.

A ping-pong looping would be a very nice addition too.
Last edited by zyguli on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe that playing with start/end point using the stepseq modulator might be a nic eworkaround ?
Modulating start/end points can help creating nice glitchty loops.
Also, setting the same start and end point, modulating them equally using the same modulator but in opposite direction, and assigning this modulation to a step seq in ping pong mode might be interesting to try for your last FR (but i am just thinking out loud here, i am not in front Grace right now).

Modulation of loop points or start point is a great technique (kind of like granular synthesis), but it's something different. Thing is - I want it all! ;)

Why doesn't this plug get more love :(

Compared to the other budget samplers appearing now, Grace looks to be among the best :tu:

Wish I hadn't missed that intro sale

Return to “Instruments”