If you could just choose 2 reverbs and 2 delay plugins, what would you pick?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not very familiar with either. I use the Jesusonic delay, and my Synthedit reverb which just has a midrange exciter and saturation in it.

I was into them in the older days, Anwida dx, Sir free w/impulses & Kefir, rgc audio had one I think, never really used Freeverb as it was a bit big on cpu.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Valhalla VintageVerb
Boscomac Floodverb Reaktor ensemble

Audio Damage Ronin
ToneCarver Delay8

And I'd sneak Nasty DLA in and claim it isn't a delay but a chorus... ;)

there were a bunch of sales recently (+ some good deals in the marketplace used) so i did a little reverb shootout here (completely unscientific) and ended up preferring valhalla vintage verb, eareverb, and variverb II the best of the ones i tried. (i have vee3 and variverb II, so those are my two now).

delays... ubermod is the usual, but i otherwise just use the built-in ableton filter delay.

Breeze
Aether

Timeless
Timeless
Timeless
Timeless
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

The subject was "if you could just choose 2...", which I assume is a variation on the usual desert-island query. Within the presumed constraint that you can only have 2 delays and 2 reverbs, then maximum versatility would seem the top selection criterion.

Ubermod, great as it is, wouldn't qualify under that condition. Timeless2 does, because there isn't much you can't do with it. I'm still evaluating Boz's Imperial Delay, but so far it appears to meet the criteria for a do-almost-anything delay. Between those two, I don't think you'd ever find yourself wishing you had another one.

For reverbs, getting by with just two is easy: ValhallaRoom for algorithmic, and pretty much any convolution processor, assuming you also have a broad collection of IRs to load into it. Chances are your DAW came with a bundled convolution reverb that'll do the job just fine.

Verberate
VintageVerb

Sigmund
Ubermod

V0RT3X wrote:IF you could just choose 2 reverb and 2 delay plugins which would it be?

This is a tough one, but I'd like to see what people pick and why :)

Personally i really have been enjoying the stuff i get in Ableton, maybe because they are easy to use and sound great.

I'd probably pick

Valhalla VintageVerb
Acon Digital Verberate

Ableton Delays
Valhalla ÜberMod

*Edited* had to make it at least 2 of each. :party:
My list is for 75% the same as your list! :D

Reverb:
Valhalla VintageVerb (awesome classic lush reverb)
Acon Digital Verberate (very modern, clean, realistic reverb)

Delay:
Valhalla Ubermod
D16 Sigmund

And while writing this, I see it's the same list as kuzami. :D
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Halma wrote:Wow. Already 2 votes for BOZ Imperial . It is just a few days (1,2 or 3???) young and made it into the setup of two members. Is it really that good?
I've been using a beta version for longer, and I'm not 100% confident in my choice, but it is pretty awesome. You should check out the demo while you can still get it for the intro price.

Exonential Audio R2
Valhalla DSP VVV

Soundtoys Echoboy
Soundtoys Primaltap

Fabfilter's Timeless 2
R. Papen's Delay

IK's CSR
Cubase's Revelation
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Echoes in the Attic wrote:With the Bitwig delays, there's really no need for much else since you can put whatever effects you want in the feedback paths. You can do the same with the reverb but unfortunately the reverb sounds terrible.
@delays: They are terrific.

@verb: Er, I really like the bitwig reverb :oops:

solidtrax wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:IF you could just choose 2 reverb and 2 delay plugins which would it be?

This is a tough one, but I'd like to see what people pick and why :)

Personally i really have been enjoying the stuff i get in Ableton, maybe because they are easy to use and sound great.

I'd probably pick

Valhalla VintageVerb
Acon Digital Verberate

Ableton Delays
Valhalla ÜberMod

*Edited* had to make it at least 2 of each. :party:
My list is for 75% the same as your list! :D

Reverb:
Valhalla VintageVerb (awesome classic lush reverb)
Acon Digital Verberate (very modern, clean, realistic reverb)

Delay:
Valhalla Ubermod
D16 Sigmund

And while writing this, I see it's the same list as kuzami. :D
Yay, list buddies ^^

Got a lil reverb question for you. Let's say I bought the Perfect Storm bundle by 2C Audio. Would it then be a waste to get VRoom?

kuzami wrote:Got a lil reverb question for you. Let's say I bought the Perfect Storm bundle by 2C Audio. Would it then be a waste to get VRoom?
I've never used any Vallaha gear, so I can't really answer that. However, I can say that for anyone who had Aether and the expansion packs, I'd be hard pressed to come up with a reason why you'd need anything else for algo verb ... ever. One possible reason, I suppose, would be CPU utilization. But if you bought the bundle, you'd also get Breeze, so you'd probably be covered there as well.

Okay, thanks :)

Return to “Effects”