IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:@antithesist - Yes, your suggestion of crossgrade/upgrade paths was noticed, appreciated, and relayed. Thank you for that.

To those unfamiliar:
antithesist wrote:I think there should be an LE version that is the FREE plus import (no SE or Full content)... $25 from stank 2XL and $50 from other IK products.
Was my (exactly the same) suggestion also appreciated and relayed, when I posted it about a month ago?

If I read it, it is relayed. Heck, I believe there's an armchair in the office named after you.

:lol:

THAT was funny Peter......but I wonder what it means. :roll:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

It was merely more interesting than "plaque" (which sounded too much like a toothpaste advert reading it back) or "wing" (which sounded too much like a dedication to someone who has passed or has passed a donation) :)

You in a good mood today ;)

Stick around.....you'll be drinking before you know it :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:You in a good mood today ;)

Stick around.....you'll be drinking before you know it :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
I'm not a big drinker but I can do the social thing which seems less depressing :) I thought we had a smiley related to making a toast or similar, but I guess not. *cheers* *hic*

Aside from the newest free sounds that may have been lost in the shuffle (Electric Piano, Chromatic, and Organ) we have 10 videos in the SampleTank 3 Tutorials playlist on YouTube.

New SampleTank 3 Free sounds: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4923 or http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3free

Tutorials playlist (#10 is a good one on the STRETCH engine):
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... Ki4RLyDL57

STRETCH engine tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vP9tv9 ... 7&index=10

I am coming, grudgingly, to appreciate ST3 now that it is working more or less properly in my rig. XLN audio is offering 40% off ADKeys, and I was thinking about getting the upright, but I don't think it will be necessary to part with more dinerii, as I think ST3 will be able to handle whatever upright piano needs that I have.

I would like to see the vox patches re-done, though. They really are terrible.

And be able to load a default patch or multi upon standalone startup.

And have the instrument selection simplified, especially the synth pads, which have one or two patches in subfolders, with too many subfolders.

So, right now, on a scale from 0 to 10, I'd give it a 7, which, in my book, is a B-.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:I am coming, grudgingly, to appreciate ST3 now that it is working more or less properly in my rig. XLN audio is offering 40% off ADKeys, and I was thinking about getting the upright, but I don't think it will be necessary to part with more dinerii, as I think ST3 will be able to handle whatever upright piano needs that I have.

XLN has changed their download manager to a point where I decided to sell them off. Shame really, they were good. However, I know I'm now just waiting for Pianoteq to have a no-brainer sale to replace them and STank too.

Bombadil wrote:And have the instrument selection simplified, especially the synth pads, which have one or two patches in subfolders, with too many subfolders.
I think that you can rearrange the Instruments yourself and rebuild the cache database.

The sample files have to stay in their current locations. I believe that the instruments reference them by absolute paths (relative to the main SampleTank3 library folder).

For example, you could try copying a few of those pads into a new "23__Pads Bombadil" folder, giving them slightly different names and see how it goes.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:@antithesist - Yes, your suggestion of crossgrade/upgrade paths was noticed, appreciated, and relayed. Thank you for that.

To those unfamiliar:
antithesist wrote:I think there should be an LE version that is the FREE plus import (no SE or Full content)... $25 from stank 2XL and $50 from other IK products.

Sorry, if i haven't read the whole thread (and in my userarea i can't find the information).
I have the total bundle 3, which means that i can use all the sampletank libraries in 32bit versions.
What's the priciest upgrade to be able to use the libraries (sampletron etc.) in 64bit versions?

You can change the paths to samples in multi files, but not instrument files....

The multi files open in any text editor.....

Arrested Developer wrote:

To those unfamiliar:

Sorry, if i haven't read the whole thread (and in my userarea i can't find the information).
I have the total bundle 3, which means that i can use all the sampletank libraries in 32bit versions.
What's the priciest upgrade to be able to use the libraries (sampletron etc.) in 64bit versions?
SampleTank 3 SE. That will Import all the "Legacy" libraries.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3se/
Inspired by ...

I wonder, why does ST3 take so much ram without even a loaded instrument?

For me its a bit of a bummer to use Multi-outs because of all the routing on FL Studio. So its easier just to open new instance. But it takes so much ram.

^^^^
Support are investigating the memory use, but please report your findings too, on a Support Ticket.

As for multi-outs, it is easier to set up in some DAW hosts than others. Not ST3's, nor Kontakt's, Mach 5's etc problem.
Inspired by ...

Return to “Instruments”