Why doesn't Sound on Sound mag. have an FL Studio section?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:Why doesn't FL Studio have a Sound on Sound link?

:?
Ah, the parody thread INSIDE the regular thread....

hibidy wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Why doesn't FL Studio have a Sound on Sound link?

:?
Ah, the parody thread INSIDE the regular thread....

Actually, I think they do now. :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I've always liked the advertisements that detail how to use the product before you buy it.

camsr wrote:I've always liked the advertisements that detail how to use the product before you buy it.
Yep. So true.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Hink wrote:
james0tucson wrote:
Hink wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:
bluedad wrote: I didn't say FL Studio is no good, merely implying that for audio it's nowhere near intuitive.
I envy folks that work in it; it looks cool, has imaginative tools..it's just not intuitive for me.
edit - Maybe SOS should have a section just for that reason alone, us guys who just don't get it, but would like to.
I couldn't understand it at first, then I watched this video, and it's been easy from then on (I never record audio, so your mileage may vary...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQDvnfleST0

I just find it a bit odd that they haven't reviewed FL10 or FL11, and don't even have a section on it - there are plenty of very successful artists who use FL Studio (who are listed on the Image Line site). It's no skin off my nose, I don't buy magazines.
please forgive me but I think you're missing a point here, some of us older folk have been recording in different ways forever and the thought of needing a video to explain how to record audio appears to be more complicated than it needs to be. Than you see another host where it's so straight forward you already know what to do which in turn is more comfortable. I cant speak for bluedad but myself I find when things suit my workflow and are comfortable it means less think and at least for me sometimes less think means more creativity.

Again, not saying anything against FL...it's just better at other stuff :)
Would like to hear more about this host where you're born knowing its workflow.
another one putting words in my mouth or you guys just cannot read :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I learned what's best for from my experience :shrug:
Not at all, Hink. I'm interested in knowing specifically what host you were referrring to, "straightforward and comfortable".
I want to check it out based on your recommendation, which you didn't actually make. You implied that there's an interesting host out there. Please name it.

james0tucson wrote:
Hink wrote:
james0tucson wrote:
Hink wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:
bluedad wrote: I didn't say FL Studio is no good, merely implying that for audio it's nowhere near intuitive.
I envy folks that work in it; it looks cool, has imaginative tools..it's just not intuitive for me.
edit - Maybe SOS should have a section just for that reason alone, us guys who just don't get it, but would like to.
I couldn't understand it at first, then I watched this video, and it's been easy from then on (I never record audio, so your mileage may vary...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQDvnfleST0

I just find it a bit odd that they haven't reviewed FL10 or FL11, and don't even have a section on it - there are plenty of very successful artists who use FL Studio (who are listed on the Image Line site). It's no skin off my nose, I don't buy magazines.
please forgive me but I think you're missing a point here, some of us older folk have been recording in different ways forever and the thought of needing a video to explain how to record audio appears to be more complicated than it needs to be. Than you see another host where it's so straight forward you already know what to do which in turn is more comfortable. I cant speak for bluedad but myself I find when things suit my workflow and are comfortable it means less think and at least for me sometimes less think means more creativity.

Again, not saying anything against FL...it's just better at other stuff :)
Would like to hear more about this host where you're born knowing its workflow.
another one putting words in my mouth or you guys just cannot read :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I learned what's best for from my experience :shrug:
Not at all, Hink. I'm interested in knowing specifically what host you were referrring to, "straightforward and comfortable".
I want to check it out based on your recommendation, which you didn't actually make. You implied that there's an interesting host out there. Please name it.
actually I did indeed say in many posts what host I use and in fact have gone into depth about what I used with FL to handle my audio needs when FL was my primary sequencer. The truth is I would not want to suggest what I use for you because you see I have no idea what your needs are so I would be very out of line to presume what I use would be best for you. Obviously my use of the word "you" in the above statement was made in the generic sense of the word, so the answer could vary.

For instance you could use what I use and not find it intuitive for what you need and find FL to be more intuitive, which I would have no objection to

. Than you see another host where it's so straight forward you already know what to do which in turn is more comfortable...that, taken in context can be any host one feels comfortable with.

In other words, what is straight forward to me and my ways may not be straight forward to others and that is the entire point I am making here in this thread about FL...it's not intuitive for my workflow, why do people object to that?

I am not arguing which host is better, I to my knowledge have ever done so, I only state what is best for me and I have made that very clear in my posts that what I am saying applies only to me. I wont argue what is better for anyone else...end of story.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I am not arguing which host is better...
You're obviously in the wrong place. :hihi:

there is a most definitely snobbery regarding fl, it isn't just SoS who deem it unworthy of any in depth assessment. i have had my days of hating , at the moment i am totally LOVING it. it is a tool that promotes creativity more than most audio apps. and like any DAW ( yawn, sorry had to trot this out) it has idiosyncrasies that you can either take the time to learn, ( the manual is very thorough - you can even reference what you are looking at on screen and press F1 and you will be directed to the exact reference of that in the manual).. or not. but to dismiss it as a toy or whatever is unwarranted. i do feel that it doesn't get the respect it deserves. i have made so much music in it in the last few months more than all my other noodlings put together. personally there are like 2 things i would love implemented which is a very short list in comparison to other software and they are relatively minor quibbles. i also love ableton, reaper, cubase ( which is more a loyalty than anything else...)
i feel fl has earned its place at the table and they deserve some kudos ( name me another daw that has SO many tools and plugins inside it).
just my two pence worth : )
who reads SoS anyway .. tee hee

there is a most definitely snobbery regarding fl
There's snobbery towards almost everything. The trick is to not react badly to it or start seeing it everywhere. :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:
I am not arguing which host is better...
You're obviously in the wrong place. :hihi:
:lol: such is life, I've said it about guitars amps and hosts....it's not my gear that is going to make a difference in my songs...I took this pic a couple of years ago...the alpha and the omega if you will for me (so far)...it aint about the gear, it's all about going there and how I get there doesn't much matter as long as I am there ;)

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I would also like to add one additional and definite reason why FL Studio can not be considered pro enough. None of the Waves plugins officially support FL Studio. That's a pretty good reson enough for SOS not to feature FL Studio. Waves has spoken, end of story! No point arguing further. :shrug:

edit:grammar
Last edited by robotmonkey on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:I would also like to add one additional and definite reason why FL Studio can not be considered pro enough. None of the Waves plugins does not officially support FL Studio. That's a pretty good reson enough for SOS not to feature FL Studio. Waves has spoken, end of story! No point arguing further. :shrug:
FL Studio 12 will have official Waves support, and FWIW they contacted us about it.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

:tu:
Eternitysound VST Banks

Image-Line wrote:
FL Studio 12 will have official Waves support, and FWIW they contacted us about it.
I can see a lot of pirates hoisting their jolly rogers and drinking flagons of rum in celebration of that news.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”