[CLOSED] How about new default skin?

Official support for: lennardigital.com

How about new default sylenth1 skin?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:54 pm

YES this is eyecandy!
70%
NO - i love the oldfashion skin from 2006!
9%
Other Skin, not that one!
22%

Total votes: 23

RELATED
PRODUCTS

drstelth wrote:
Teksonik wrote:These skin files contain the Sylenth 1 .dll. Are they legal and safe ? Do you have permission to redistribute the .dll ? :?

You guys thought that it is illegal to edit the dll :?
I am really sorry I just wanted to see other skins
if you want delete my post! :(
It's usually in the EULA that you are not allowed to modify a .dll Let's wait and see what the official response from Lennar Digital is first........

I love the new skins but I don't want to break any rules in the process. Also .dlls can contain malicious code so if they are modified it may put users at risk. Not saying these versions contain any malware but it's something to be cautious about......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Now that it's only the pngs :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmfpu6g9dyphs ... 20pack.rar Open with restorator and just drop the png folder in the png of restorator in one second :)
I have put the restoration portable together with skins but if you want download the installer from net :tu:

I've asked Lennard about this, for obvious reasons he's too busy to check up the forum that often.

First, he really likes the Pureav-skin from Skyre :D

Second, altering the .dll for skin purposes doesn't seem a big problem to him, after the 64-bit release he will continue working on updates with some request he got from users, as well skinning ;)

We're thinking of a skinning-contest to get some fresh skins for the 64-bit release...so that might be fun, we've seen many beautiful...and less beautiful skins allready.

@Ameyah, we're making a re-write as 64-bit is completely different from the 32 bit version, after releasing the 64 bits we will try and implement .aax as soon as we can. (And when we see enough need, for Reason as well)

Ruben(LD) wrote:altering the .dll for skin purposes doesn't seem a big problem to him,
Well there you have it then a blessing from the developer. I wanted to respect the EULA which usually prohibits modifying the dll for obvious reasons but if Lennard is fine with it party on! :party:
Ruben(LD) wrote:after the 64-bit release he will continue working on updates with some request he got from users, as well skinning ;)
Woo hoo ! Now that's great news........... :wheee: :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Oh wow, that's great to hear the Lennard has given a nod to my skin. Thanks a lot for that, Ruben!

Not that it isn't obvious by now, but my skin doesn't contain a .dll. I didn't just want to release images alone either, so I spent some time to learn about compiling .res files, and so far it seems to have been successful with people. What's more, I actually built the skin with the official demo.

I'm hoping the skin isn't picked up by torrent creators and repackaged. I don't want it to be associated with that shit. The whole point was to create a skin that can be applied to purchased versions without any fuss.
Ruben(LD) wrote: Skyre, thanks for the nice skin. I will sure put you on a list with other skin-developers. Perhaps we will implement some of these skins in the 64-bit version of Sylenth1 as it arrives.
That would be marvelous. Contact me through deviantArt any time. VST GUI has become a career for me now. I'd be more than happy to have LD on my resume, if such a chance develops. =]

- Lance

wondering how the progress is?

YES this is eyecandy! +1
Lenovo IdeaPad U330p Win8.1 Pro x64 | Ableton Suite 9.1.5 x32 | Some Synths

Just discovered Skyre's alt skin today...wow! Kudos, Sir! :-D :hail:

Well, I once again failed at getting this to work with my Sylenth1 64 bit (licensed version).
I'm pretty sure I did as instructed...

cranium wrote:Well, I once again failed at getting this to work with my Sylenth1 64 bit (licensed version).
I'm pretty sure I did as instructed...
Sorry you're having issues fella. I need to rewrite the instructions to be honest.

Resource Hacker has issues with 64bit plugins, you're not the only one. Have you tried alternative dll editors such as PE Explorer? There's plenty out there, just pick what you think is best. Also, if you have a Mac you can open them natively.

That's all I can suggest really. I'm still hoping to hear back from Lennard about some official work. Started a PM a few months ago.

I haven´t read the thread but one thing is for sure: Do NOT ever change the default skin! I have not seen better yet. It´s like asking Roland to change their classic synths. Make it an alternative option, please.

----------------
Last edited by Teksonik on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyre wrote:Have you tried alternative dll editors such as PE Explorer? There's plenty out there, just pick what you think is best.
PE Explorer gave me the error not being able to edit 64 bit .dll files.

If it's correct that the next update for Sylenth1 offers skinability I'd rather wait.

Thanks Skyre.

Teksonik wrote:
sonicpowa wrote: I have not seen better yet..
You're not looking........... :wink:
I don´t have to.. they are all wanna-be-best-flashy-future-tech-skins that I don´t like. Just my opinion of course.

There are several skins that are far superior to the outdated default. Just my opinion of course....... :shrug:

Return to “LennarDigital”