Recommend me some apps please !

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

musikmachine wrote:I haven't bought them yet but some standouts for me are:

Werkbench
Protein Der Klang
Earhoof

I bought Grain Science recently, awesome sound design tool and essentials are Audiobus and Audioshare for processing and editing samples.
Interesting never heard bout them but will check them out definitely ! Thank you very much mate :)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
lacandon wrote:witch apps in ur opinion are essential to have ?
animoog
thumbjam
samplr
turnado
tnr-i
gestrument
gadget

look at these, and see if anything about them interests you. animoog goes on sale semi-regularly
Thanks i am impressed from this samplr thingy !

himalaya wrote:Samplr, Impaktor, Nave, Animoog.
Nave is a must yeah from the demos i actually prefer it more then the Blofeld witch sits dusty in here !

lacandon wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
lacandon wrote:i find it brilliant and fun
that's the ticket. just as long as you aren't under any illusions of being able to make 'serious' music with it :ud: :P
By far for sequencing and controlling i didn't have yet so much fun for the last 14 years since i am doing kind of music definitely have some great stuff going on for I PAD :)
:tu:

lacandon wrote:
musikmachine wrote:I haven't bought them yet but some standouts for me are:

Werkbench
Protein Der Klang
Earhoof

I bought Grain Science recently, awesome sound design tool and essentials are Audiobus and Audioshare for processing and editing samples.
Interesting never heard bout them but will check them out definitely ! Thank you very much mate :)
NP, if you can wait stuff seems to go on sale quite regularly. I just picked up Traktor DJ for £2.99! :D
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Some really fun ones for sequencing and beat making:

Intua Beatmaker 2
Nanostudio
Caustic 3
Gadget

Synths I really use a lot:
Sunrizer
Magellan
Alchemy Mobile
Korg iMS20
Korg iPolySix
Cassini

Some standalone sequencers that I like because they are easy:
Little Midi Machine
B-Step sequencer
StepPolyArp

For multitrack there are quite a few that are outstanding like Auria, Cubasis, but I found myself liking the simplicity of Meteor.

Of course, Audiobus is a must.

The iPad and the unbelievable amount of good quality mobile apps for music making are an essential part of my music making now. I'm really liking the sound module aspect of it sequenced by my Main sequencer too.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Oh i should have bought Nave from the start ... and then skipped all other synths (except for Gadget..)
:hug:

Why, is it that good?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Crackbaby wrote:Oh i should have bought Nave from the start ... and then skipped all other synths (except for Gadget..)

Hm its looks like i am not alone with it it sounds very much like the Microwave it has actually similar presets ! Its iOS 8 so i am buying it this weekend !

Crackbaby wrote: Loopy HD is a must. Fantastic app! Great as stand alone, but very useful when recording loops from whatever software in audiobus! I used a free midi sequencer called LittleMidi and sequenced iProphet into Loopy. Perfect loops! Automatically stores the loops in its itunes folder.

For drumming you'll find Impaktor to be a lot of fun. Put ipad on table, use headphones (with TRS contact, ie no microphone on so you use the ipad's one). It will analyse your drumming on the table, both transients and how hard you hit. That in turn will make the synthesized drums sound different. The synth engine is amazing! Very convincing sounds and you can make some really crazy ones using the randomise function. You can record six beats but if you want them individually you'll have to export them by soloing them one by one.
Thanks for your tips crackbaby, LOOPY HD is really fantastic...I can't believe what those donuts are capable of... :love:

Impaktor is great too, and triqtraq.
But those are mentioned.

I like the looks of ApeSoft, http://www.alessandro-petrolati.it/2010_density/

Those apps from ApeSoft looks really interesting! Are there better "experimental" or granular apps out there?
It's so hard to know which devs are "pro" and who's just there to make a quick buck on some generic synth engine.. When it comes to plugins i think i know of every dev ever lived and all the products ^_^

Crackbaby wrote:Those apps from ApeSoft looks really interesting! Are there better "experimental" or granular apps out there?
It's so hard to know which devs are "pro" and who's just there to make a quick buck on some generic synth engine.. When it comes to plugins i think i know of every dev ever lived and all the products ^_^
Absolutely, I always try to look on uTube what people can do with it and how it sounds...

Strangely, some apps I find really "cheap", for what they are and do...

I couldn't resist the iVCS3, it is really good, I am just starting to even "understand" what to do and what is going on...

Thanks for all suggestions guys very helpful indeed got for now the Nave and its superb no doubts waiting for full ios8 coverage on most apps and then will buy many more :) !

Korg having sale on their apps ... ms20, poly, kaoss .. i couldn't stop myself!

Lately my favourite app has been impc pro! Though, if i can get it into my thick skull, ill try to use it in Tabletop instead. I think it's better to do it in that one ... not 100% sure yet though!

Have you tried Egoist? Shame there's no midi control over they synth and drums (for triggering sounds), only for the slicer. The most acidic synth on ios so far!

buying like mad today, the top purchase imo was the animoog huge price drop!
Going to buy almost everything witch its on sale !

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”