Why doesn't Sound on Sound mag. have an FL Studio section?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AmyTree wrote:
Image-Line wrote:
FL Studio 12 will have official Waves support, and FWIW they contacted us about it.
I can see a lot of pirates hoisting their jolly rogers and drinking flagons of rum in celebration of that news.
:hihi:

It also looks like FL 12 will have a new mix console that will be "much better suited" to the historical working preferences of some who were more reluctant to choose it regularly for mixing, where you can see plugs all across tracks, where you can maybe group and bus channels more easily, where you can maybe create lots of cue mixes more easily, and maybe some other potentially useful things like that. Looks like a pretty big improvement to me.

I look forward to getting my hands on that beta... to give the new mix console a go.

But wait, they don't really need to do that. It's perfect just the way it is now, it's never the tool, it's always the technician... so... let's just scrap those plans. :lol:

Such is the world of DAW's, where a thing someone loves is perfect, nothing is ever really wrong with it or inefficient about it and if anyone even politely suggests otherwise they're just bashing. Then the next version is "more perfect-er". :hihi:

robotmonkey wrote:I would also like to add one additional and definite reason why FL Studio can not be considered pro enough. None of the Waves plugins officially support FL Studio. That's a pretty good reson enough for SOS not to feature FL Studio. Waves has spoken, end of story! No point arguing further. :shrug:

edit:grammar
Huh?

Didn't IL say something about SOS having FL in future polls and such?

And, if you think Waves are the be all here... :dog:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:I would also like to add one additional and definite reason why FL Studio can not be considered pro enough. None of the Waves plugins officially support FL Studio. That's a pretty good reson enough for SOS not to feature FL Studio. Waves has spoken, end of story! No point arguing further. :shrug:

Huh?

:dog:

It was meant tongue-in-cheek but I'm not surprised that YOU did not get it. :hihi:
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
trimph1 wrote:

Huh?

I'm slow this morning. Was going to use the hihi but hit that one by mistackle.... :lol:

It was meant tongue-in-cheek but I'm not surprised that YOU did not get it. :hihi:
Barry

robotmonkey wrote:
trimph1 wrote:

Huh?

Posted strange here... :help: :hihi:
Barry

LawrenceF wrote:It also looks like FL 12 will have a new mix console that will be "much better suited" to the historical working preferences of some who were more reluctant to choose it regularly for mixing, where you can see plugs all across tracks, where you can maybe group and bus channels more easily, where you can maybe create lots of cue mixes more easily, and maybe some other potentially useful things like that. Looks like a pretty big improvement to me.:
...and future working preferences :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4X2rUnh3n8

Last edited by Image-Line on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

double post
Last edited by Image-Line on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

I see I am not the only one with strange posts...:)
Barry

and future working preferences
Very nice indeed. :)

I think only a blind man might argue that the current mixer is "as good of a tool" as the new mixer. :hihi:

When can we get a beta with the new mixer?

LawrenceF wrote:
and future working preferences
Very nice indeed. :)

I think only a blind man might argue that the current mixer is "as good of a tool" as the new mixer. :hihi:

When can we get a beta with the new mixer?
Sometime in the next few weeks.

Regards Scott

Image-Line wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:It also looks like FL 12 will have a new mix console that will be "much better suited" to the historical working preferences of some who were more reluctant to choose it regularly for mixing, where you can see plugs all across tracks, where you can maybe group and bus channels more easily, where you can maybe create lots of cue mixes more easily, and maybe some other potentially useful things like that. Looks like a pretty big improvement to me.:

that is so cool, I gotta admit though...I am far from prepared for touchscreen (not that I would need touchscreen I'm sure)...when that day comes that I do have touchscreen I'll have to make serious changes to the layout of my studio...or grow much longer arms :hihi: Still it will be worth it :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Image-Line wrote:

I see the balance control, but I'm missing the separation control, and the channel send knob.

james0tucson wrote:
Image-Line wrote:

I see the balance control, but I'm missing the separation control, and the channel send knob.
Maybe they're under the sliders, or can be hidden from view.

Those throw switches.... I hope there is not throw switches....

camsr wrote:Those throw switches.... I hope there is not throw switches....
Nope.

There is however 'marketing' ;)

Regards Scott

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”