I guess it's synth month because U-HE is finishing the new Hive synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, I don't believe it, that would be incorrect and Urs Heckmann is a gentleman, as far as I can see. So, not possible, since Sylenth1 is not a vintage product, it is still on the market and produced by another software house.

It sounds like Zebra

He was speaking about sylenth. Read the thread.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:He was speaking about sylenth. Read the thread.

rsp
If you are referring to me, I was referring to the sneak preview of Hive. It sounds like something Zebra could do.

This whole concept is just meh... Generally I have a lot of love for u-he's products, but this I find thoroughly uninteresting. Then again I also feel Sylenth is a cookie-cutter toy for plebs.
A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians. - FZ

GMusic wrote:

rsp
If you are referring to me, I was referring to the sneak preview of Hive. It sounds like something Zebra could do.

no sorry, not you.
mhog (sorry If I got his name wrong) was suggesting that urs was speaking about Diva.
rsp
sound sculptist

recursive one wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: Oh, sorry. Haven't been following, but if that's the case, consider me uninterested. I got supersaws, ultrasaws out the yazoo. I don't even get out of bed for anything less than a megasaw.
Yep, but, I hope it does well for Urs so that he's freed up to get back to work on the important stuff.
One can also say "we have had lots of analog-modelled substractive synths long before Diva, why would Urs even make it instead of working on the important stuff?".

I think Sylenth is so popular not because it does supersaws, but because it sounds good, has wide sonic range despite very simple architecture and uses almost no CPU. There will be allways a need for such synths in most electronic music genres, if Hive is going to be one of them it must become a succesful synth.

I do hope that Urs doesn't try to closely imitate Sylenth though (because I have it running fine on my Win x64). However making a softsynth emulating another softsynth would be a notable postmodernist act on its own.
Just to be clear, because maybe I wasn't being clear, there is ZERO need in my music for a synth like Sylenth. What I meant when I said that I wasn't interested is that I just don't care about what are generally referred to as "modern VA" synths, unless, perhaps, they're modular. I'll demo it, of course, but I'm very picky about adding a new synth to my arsenal. I certainly don't care in the least about any synth that uses low CPU, if a synth doesn't wake up my CPU cooler, then I find it very unlikely that I will like how it sounds.

That's not to say that I don't have a few low CPU synths in my collection, I do, it's just that it's not a selling point for me and those "spots" in my collection are taken. For me to buy a synth today, it has to do something that I can't do now and it has to do it really well. So, any synth with a product goal of bringing down the CPU so it can compete with Sylenth probably won't even get me to lift the covers, let alone get out of bed.

I really do hope that Urs does well with it, but, if I never hear another supersaw again, it will be too soon.

Teezdalien wrote:This whole concept is just meh... Generally I have a lot of love for u-he's products, but this I find thoroughly uninteresting. Then again I also feel Sylenth is a cookie-cutter toy for plebs.
Yep, spot on.

I'd also prefer a sequencer to a trancegate. The latter is easy to do either with an LFO (especially if it's a graphic LFO) or an effect. And it's the sort of effect that can come after the synth in the signal chain without losing much in the way of creative opportunities.

Also, you can sort of get that on/off type sound by using short gate times in the sequencer and a quick release.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Hulk want hive now! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

rsp
Well, Sylenth1 is still on the market. As far as I know, Lennardigital is going to update it (Sylenth1 64 bit AU and a supposed "Sylenth2" with new functions and a different license protection). Maybe U-he just want to produce their lead/dance/trance oriented synth (and Sylenth1 remains a reference model, for high quality and lightness on CPU, together with Vanguard and Tone2 synths).

Sendy wrote:I'd also prefer a sequencer to a trancegate. The latter is easy to do either with an LFO (especially if it's a graphic LFO) or an effect. And it's the sort of effect that can come after the synth in the signal chain without losing much in the way of creative opportunities.

Also, you can sort of get that on/off type sound by using short gate times in the sequencer and a quick release.
I don't think so. Try Vanguard or Camelspace, play some chords and let me know : :party:

Yeah, the gate/arp combo on Vanguard is really useful and great fun. But if I had to choose between sequencer and gater, I know what I'd choose.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

ghettosynth wrote: if a synth doesn't wake up my CPU cooler, then I find it very unlikely that I will like how it sounds.
I am quite curious about the sound.
I for one am still looking for an easy to use supersawy synth that's got some big balls, lots of bite and anger, with snappy envelopes and generally great sound.
All that with reasonable cpu consumption (maybe because no emulation of vintage gear is needed and corners can be cut) and i am in.

I hope Hive is gonna be just that since Sylenth,Spire and Dune2 already were all quite interesting to me already.
Andy is a support ninja.

Dear U-he

You need to put that Analog button from presswork onto this new synth. Trust me, it will go down well with the targeted crowd.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Instruments”