Revolve Three /full

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seismic1 wrote: back to a more straightforward groove
For me it's as straight or crooked as the rest of it.
seismic1 wrote:Great mix BTW.
Thank you.

Finished the real 'E' last week. pretty good mix now; working on F which is soft and lyrical involving a solo bass flute.
'E' uses a big fat bottom brass and saxes, a fast kinda manic section with multiple drummers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92m6OyS ... e=youtu.be

the placeholder for E moves down one or two places and by the time I'm there I'm through as that's done.

That floats my boat. All parts fit together and integrate well. I love the "manic" elements, especially the guitar. Parts of the D riff hint at a highbrow "Stevie's Spanking". Looking forward to F.

Good work :)

glad you like it

F I was about to meander and wander a bit with, some very nice things but I want it to count and I think this succinct quite short thing has the most impact.
I made the statement with the thematic fragment (which appears in A, and appears occasionally through the oeuvre, from Opus 1 "MuMesons ROMANCE" and themes which date to summer 1981) and after I decorated it - the Rhodes part specifically happens - the section appeared to be complete at that juncture.

Here it is with an inexpensive transition to G for the time being. Both I'm passing happy with, I have to live with the transition a minute before I decide.

G, the placeholder for the E slot the other day, has some FONKY ass contrabassoon and What-Not now, pure filth.

EDIT: this is now the final, with more mopic. Well f**k me, this last upload was bizarrely screwed up and I haven't the slightest idea how.
revert to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V1fVOX ... -WSI9YT5uX

for now :oops:
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

I think the transitions into and out of F work. Time will tell.

Good work :)

I don't think of outer space at all when I hear this...but it does reek of an old Dirty Harry movie!Image

It's so free-form,raw and organic...a stone groove,in fact.Image

Is this all done in a live setting,or is it a product of some brilliantly conceived software and arranging talents??

The name of the patch that's kind of primary in A and B is 'Funky Cop Show', in fact. The later Rhodes in F and G, 'Lid Off Funk' is from the same library, SonicCouture EP73 Deconstructed.

No live musishums was harmed in this production, I provided all the action. I don't always but these ones I did. Mostly soft instruments.

thanks!

Cool, specially @1:58

Fantastic! Really enjoying it.. I like the way it has grown. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks, I'm happy you guys are enjoying

Man, I botched that one version, apologies to anyone that might've encountered it. A mystery, there were clips which are by definition PRECISE where I had two renders of a section and cut to the preferred one {and back} as a tiny bit better. And in the ultimate print these clips were not these clips.
The whole matter seems impossible any way I look at it. :idiot:

Anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4XAiBhU ... e=youtu.be

final, I'm just going to go with F to G as is and any further development of those two is postponed, it just works.
this video with more mopic; although I don't have five minutes of material... it's something to look at..

Just :love: :love: this work. The mix is really fine here. Brilliant!!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Thanks, Barry.

Return to “Music Cafe”