If you could only keep 2 soft synths ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love the driven filters of Largo - so it will be Largo for sure.

I'm NOT in love with Massive, but I use it a lot. It's versatile, has a lot of presets and is simple to tweak. But the sound is sooooo overused :D.

But I've bought Zebra just now and I hope it will be me second go-to synth :-)

szalonykp wrote:I love the driven filters of Largo - so it will be Largo for sure.

I'm NOT in love with Massive, but I use it a lot. It's versatile, has a lot of presets and is simple to tweak. But the sound is sooooo overused :D.

Trying to find some love for Massive myself. I figure since it's part of the bundle I should at least try to use it. It has a 'buzzy' quality in everything it does I find to be not to my tastes though. I'm hoping the sound bundle I picked up in the auction will get me to see it differently enough to spend more time with it though. Generally, Rapture and Gladiator fill the spot of what I think Massive is suppose to do for me. But they have their pros and cons also.

But Zebra HZ seems to really cover almost all the my basses in that realm. So don't be surprised if you find yourself going to more and more as time goes on. 8)

szalonykp wrote:I love the driven filters of Largo - so it will be Largo for sure.

Trying to find some love for Massive myself. I figure since it's part of the bundle I should at least try to use it. It has a 'buzzy' quality in everything it does I find to be not to my tastes though. I'm hoping the sound bundle I picked up in the auction will get me to see it differently enough to spend more time with it though. Generally, Rapture and Gladiator fill the spot of what I think Massive is suppose to do for me. But they have their pros and cons also.

But Zebra HZ seems to really cover almost all the my basses in that realm. So don't be surprised if you find yourself going to more and more as time goes on. 8)

Zebra - what else ? :)
Harmor

BBFG# wrote:
If only NI would add another waveshaper that could soften the internal waveforms' shapes (make them mild and mellow). :pray: Serum can do this....

Igro wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
If only NI would add another waveshaper that could soften the internal waveforms' shapes (make them mild and mellow). :pray: Serum can do this....
Unfortunately, I find Serum to not have any sound I find to be special enough to make it a 'must have'.
Generally, the thing I find best about the NI synths included as part of Komplete bundle is their low CPU usage for what they do in comparison to what others take to do the same thing.
Serum is still in its fad stage. Not anything I would consider as a first or second synth at this point if I could only keep two.

Zebra and ZynAddSubFX for me.

Igro wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
I'm hoping the release of Serum has gotten the NI guys worried enough to start working on Massive 2.
:borg:

You know what, acid is all this world needs.

I'll go for:
- Phoscyon
- Drumazon

Of if drum machines are excluded:
- Phoscyon
- Phoscyon
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Dune CM
Vacuum Pro

Xils-Lab PolyKB II and NI FM8.

Because they blend so well and make awsome stacks.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

If I can't count Kontakt (thus all the stuff that can be run from it), and this was a purely soft-SYNTH question,r ather than "instrument plugin" then I'd go for Diva and Bazille.

One for analogishness and the other for digital & more complex sounds.

None of the wavetable-y synths have really grabbed me, soundwise.

I'd never have just two though. I could live with 5, maybe, if Kontakt was one of them (which seems like cheating really!)
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

If I could choose Reaktor and my other "sample player/mangler", I would have access to practically everything I consider my go-tos at this point. But, excluding Reaktor, all sample playback synths and looking only to soft synths that use their own oscillators I would have to say Sylenth and Bazille.

Which is strange because I own neither of them, but would prefer their sound/capabilities if I had no other options.
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

Omnisphere and Diva
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Omnisphere and Diva
rsp
Well, I was afraid to admit it lest my head be bitten off. But yes I would substitute Omnisphere in the place of Sylenth if it is considered a "soft synth". Not without the samples though.

I don't know.... I must be admit that Serum sounds pretty amazing as well. Little bit aggressive but I bet it could be calmed a bit and sound quite nice.

Okay.....In a perfect world where anything goes.... Kontakt and Reaktor

In a world where they are considered too much of a Swiss army knife for this question........Omnisphere and Bazille

If Omnisphere is likewise disqualified.......... Serum and Bazille
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

Return to “Instruments”