Imperial Delay by Boz Digital only $299..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Imperial Delay

As far as I sunderstand it, it's a good opportunity to get a pricey plug in for a large discounted price.

Opportunity. Tbh its true I would hesitate to put 300$ in a plug, but at T time, the question itself is postponed because its much more affordable for a while.

As for time pressure, my POV is that every *sale period* uses the same paradigm. I know a company that is litterally bombing me with *flash sales* *week end sales* *your grandma birthday sales* more than once a week. To the point that I barely read them anymore. But, recently, one of they products got my attention. And well, ........ I just bought it :)

I'll try to demo this delay if I have some spare time before the end of the intro period. I'm a true delay fan. :shrug:

My 0.002

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:As far as I sunderstand it, it's a good opportunity to get a pricey plug in for a large discounted price.

Opportunity. Tbh its true I would hesitate to put 300$ in a plug, but at T time, the question itself is postponed because its much more affordable for a while.
Thats somehow conflicting. Anyway, you can't label a price as 2-weeks-intro-price when in the end it's from the beginning an usual end-price and also Lotuzia you can't say you have a large discount when in reality it isn't because your end-price is insanely high.

What i expect as a customer from an independent dev is to be honest and if he don't want to put intro-discount on the plugin then it's o.k. and end of story. Now look at this mess?

I still don't know what's the real price for real people and what i can save if i buy it now, price-wise i don't want to use the word fishy for a dev like Boz because it really hurts.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

bozmillar wrote:Sheesh. Tough crowd.
I don't have anything to hide, but it's too easy to take anything anyone says out of context and not understand the intent of what is written. That goes both ways.
Nobody has said that you've anything to hide. And what's out of context here?

Your trying to pedal a $300 delay plugin to a clued in crowed, and you don't like the results. In your newsletter (email) that you sent around. You claimed that you had to think 'long and hard' about putting the price of your plugin up to 299.00 You justified this by saying, that you had put so many hours and research time into it. And you were going to give it to us on the entry price.

But here's the thing, so has every other developer (large or small). In fact anyone in the arts can say the same thing (myself included). Nobody sees the work that goes behind the curtain. They just want their product at a fair price. And that failure is one that it going to cost you in $$$.

But my original hypotheses still stands. I'd wager that $300 price tag will by chopped very soon. You've already backpedaled and said to aMUSEd that you may now reduce it, just not as low as original intro price.

That's all ready a climb down... Could even work in your favor.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Lotuzia wrote:As far as I sunderstand it, it's a good opportunity to get a pricey plug in for a large discounted price.
To me this is not a discount. I mean, look at the list Vortex put up. $300 is way above the standard market.

Is it really better then Echoboy or Bloom? And even if it was - it'd still be too expensive imo.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

*cough* MFM2 *cough*

camsr wrote:*cough* MFM2 *cough*
Sorry yeah... And MFM2 for $79 :)

I'm glad Boz chipped in, but I'm afraid I still don't understand the $299 price. I think a delay like this would still struggle to find a professional market at $139, let alone $299, IMHO.

I guess if he sells a couple to pros, he's further ahead? I don't know.

I can only see one good thing that has come out of the $299 pricepoint...lots of free publicity ;)

I think Boz got exactly what he wanted....publicity, he's the talk of the forums now 8)
I highly doubt the price will jump to 300 after the intro price expires.

bduffy wrote:I guess if he sells a couple to pros, he's further ahead? I don't know.
Since when do you sell anything to Pros? The first 2 or 3 get it for free in exchange for a one-liner for the home page.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

DubLifeSD wrote:I highly doubt the price will jump to 300 after the intro price expires.
Get yer popcorn ready if that's the case. I doubt that will happen. He's said it's a $300 plugin, which IMO is perfectly fine if that's what he values it at. I personally have no need for the best $300 delay available. As has been pointed out there are many capable delays available for much less -- even if the others aren't "the best", which is subjective of course. I also agree with many others that the $300 price mark is a bit out of whack with the rest of the market, IMO. Perhaps thinking a little too hard how to market and price the thing? Like, let's come up with a price that reflects the quality, but that doesn't make it an outlier in the overall native VST market. You know, keep it simple... don't hurt your brain coming up with some complicated pricing strategy based on some overwrought assessment of who's the target market, who are the professionals, who aren't the professionals, does Elton John need my VST plugin, etc. In the end, the thing that drives a product's price is the price of all your competitor's products. If your product is 2x better than your competitor's, then your price may very well be 2x as well. That's called "you get what you pay for". Again, simple concepts, no need to consult Elton John's mix engineer.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Got to give them this; never heard of Boz Digital before, but I do know now and probably won't forget soon :lol:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:Got to give them this; never heard of Boz Digital before, but I do know now and probably won't forget soon :lol:
Yes, and all that people will probably remember is: "Isn't that the company with average plugins at insanely high prices?"

Boz should have seen this coming :scared:

I bought this at the intro price and I'm happy with my purchase. I probably wouldn't have bought it quite so quickly if it wasn't for the threat that the plugin would soon cost 5x more. However, I also bought this because I own Mongoose and T-Bone and, in my opion, those are really great plugins at very reasonable prices.

I personally wouldn't charge $299 for a delay plugin regardless of how much effort went into its development but that's obviously up to the developer to try and pitch it correctly. I feel like Boz might have made a mistake there but I'll happily take advantage of the intro pricing. I think it would be more sensible to have intro pricing at $59 followed by a regular price of either $79 or $89 but I can't see many sales at $299 considering, for example, you could buy both EchoBoy and Bloom for that amount (with change).

It's not a $300 plugin no matter how much the developer thinks or says so, if the market doesn't agree.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Return to “Effects”