License Transfer, Mac/PC dual license

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I've been getting questions lately on license transfers, so it is time to write down the terms clearly:

1. You can transfer your license for $10. (This will be in effect after version 2.5 is officially out next month)

2. Users who purchased SynthMaster at version 1.0 can not transfer their licenses anymore, because we've already given them free upgrades for version 2.0, and later 2.5.

3. After version 2.5 is officially out next month, we will start applying a dual platform license crossgrade fee of $20. So far, it's been free to use SynthMaster 2.5 on the 2nd platform. So, if you are a registered user, hurry up and download the 2nd platform so you get the 2nd license for free :D
Last edited by kv331 on Thu May 26, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hi Bulent,

I do understand the reason for the change in terms and respect them (and I'm definately not planning to sell SM 2.5 any time soon! :love: )

The only thing in the terms I don't fully understand is why it's not allowed to sell within 6 months AND there is a transfer fee. I understand both, but usually these terms are not used together.

Like u-he's agreement: can't transfer within x months, if you still want, then you'll pay a fee. After x months it's free.

Like most devs: You can transfer anytime, but there is a fee anytime

You can of course use both terms together, no problem with that, but it's just not usual as far as I know :)

Nielzie wrote:Hi Bulent,
After some more thinking, I changed it as above.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Nielzie wrote:Hi Bulent,
After some more thinking, I changed it as above.
Nevermind this caper Bulent answer your f**king emails :D

Rob

Probably a stupid question, but is the $10 transfer fee in effect now.
And, if I transfer my license, does the buyer get to choose Mac or PC, or is it the license I selected i.e. for Mac?

CT wrote:Probably a stupid question, but is the $10 transfer fee in effect now.
And, if I transfer my license, does the buyer get to choose Mac or PC, or is it the license I selected i.e. for Mac?
Until the release the licenses are still dual platform.
Works at KV331 Audio

And the $ 10 license fee?

CT wrote:And the $ 10 license fee?
That too.
Works at KV331 Audio

N/A - sale cancelled
Last edited by CT on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

see above

CT wrote:see above
Why were you selling in the first place? Just wait a little more, our guys are finishing their work on the factory presets. I'm sure you'll like them :)
Works at KV331 Audio

I felt like I had too many synths ... but there is no such thing as too many synths :)
Anyway, Im gonna keep Synthmaster. Actually, selling Rapture for me would have been a no-brainer, but unfortunately cakewalk doesnt allow license transfers.
So I'm gonna wait and see, maybe sell Tassman or the Rhino.

CT wrote:I felt like I had too many synths ... but there is no such thing as too many synths :)
Anyway, Im gonna keep Synthmaster. Actually, selling Rapture for me would have been a no-brainer, but unfortunately cakewalk doesnt allow license transfers.
So I'm gonna wait and see, maybe sell Tassman or the Rhino.
Cakewalk does not allow licence transfer but you "can" sell the whole account. I don't want to tell you that this is the legal way, but there are lot of similar topics here in KVRAudio Market Place. If you have only Rapture in your account, its much easier than sell XYZ Cakewalk plugins at once.

Synthmaster is good plugin even I don't own/don't want it. (I mean sounds good, but has "strange" UI for me.)
yzcoruhT

Return to “KV331 Audio”