MWobbler Vowel Filter

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Howdy :)

I was really excited by the prospect of MWobbler's vowel filter but so far have not been able to get any interesting results out of it. I can't get it to sound like the vowels at all. I'm presuming the character setting is altering the vowel amount but it's pretty subtle.

Can anyone clarify how they work, what the character setting does and how does the filter be affected/interact with the filter cutoff? Is the cutoff just a standard 12db/octave low pass?

Also, it would be ideal to be able to morph between ALL vowel sounds in a single filter. So an extra filter type would be added to the list: 'Vowel All' and the character setting would morph between them. This way you could create some interesting vocal effects with it.

Finally, the above issue on clarifying exactly what the filters do and what the character setting does would be great. The manual is very short on information.

Thanks!

Hey there, choose Vowel A, set resonance to 50%, then play with the cutoff frequency. You should be able to find a range that makes the "talking" effect. Note this range is different for every vowel and also depends a little on the input signal. You can dial resonance to 60% if needed.
Last edited by CableChannel on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks CableChannel for the response. I'll check it too here. Basically these filters are kind of clones from some other "unnamed" software :), which I liked. Anyway the effect depends on the settings a lot.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thanks guys :) Using those settings made a slightly stronger vowel quality. Maybe my issue is more the morphing between vowels, creating a more natural 'mouth' quality. Vojtech, any thoughts on whether you could make the vowel morphable like in my original post?

Love your tools by the way, keep up the great work!

Yeah if you want some actual a-e-i-o-u talking then we would need morphing between the filters. Would be a nice feature, actually I think I have asked for that some time ago also.

Maybe it's time for MMultiBandBabbler? :hihi:

:D well, I'll check.

Anyway a-e-i-o-u - I tried to do that with current filters by morphing using dry/wet in the 2 filters and I was so unsatisfied by the results that I decided to leave it... I'll check again...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Just an update on this. I ended up finding a good way to do morphing vowel sounds. I used MFilter, with 3 band pass filters with high Q settings, set the filters up to be parallel (so they each filter the dry input) and then set up a multiparameter using a bank set up with different frequencies based on commonly known vowel frequencies:
http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/vowels.html

It sounds great! Plus, i can then use, say, an envelope followed modulator to control the multiparameter... making it morph vowel sounds based on amplitude. Sound design gold :)

I LOVE melda plugins! Couldn't do this with anything else!

Thank you! :love: Care to share some MFilter presets? ;)
Vojtech

Not exactly sure how to pass you that specific preset, but I tracked down the MFilterpresets.xml file. Unfortunately I can't upload to the forum "The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector"... even if i change the extension!

So I'll email it to you...

Got it ;). Anyway you could just export a set of presets directly from the plugin ;) (see Export button)
Vojtech

vectorwarrior wrote:Just an update on this. I ended up finding a good way to do morphing vowel sounds. I used MFilter, with 3 band pass filters with high Q settings, set the filters up to be parallel (so they each filter the dry input) and then set up a multiparameter using a bank set up with different frequencies based on commonly known vowel frequencies:
http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/vowels.html

It sounds great! Plus, i can then use, say, an envelope followed modulator to control the multiparameter... making it morph vowel sounds based on amplitude. Sound design gold :)

I LOVE melda plugins! Couldn't do this with anything else!
Yep that's how it's done in the Axe Fx hardware (schematic) :
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/index.php? ... ant_filter

Thanks for the vowel frequencies.

Here's the thing - I went through many filters on the market doing this formant filtering, and I never really felt like "yeah this is aaa-eee-ooo"... It just isn't that easy, it's not just about filtering, producing these sounds require certain input signal (like the output of our vocal...)...
Vojtech

So, since 9.07 we have this nice A-E-I-O-U filter, and I programmed a preset in MPowerSynth using it which I wanted to show you guys. It kinda sounds like these throat singer choirs that you find in eastern esoteric music :-)

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3347 ... ingers.mp3

Nice! Sounds a lot like the DelayLama vst.

Return to “MeldaProduction”