participants wanted for drum sampler/file browser/scratcher+ project(OSX/WIN AU/VST/64/32/AAX/VST3)

Official support for: audio.d3ck.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Na, thats it.
After a second though I realized that you could only have the latest build.
Might be good in the future thought. When there are multiple builds circulating.

I'll look into the bug tomorrow :)
Thanks for the report :)

Cheers!

JM

Ok, here is the CrashReport from Windows EventViewer:

Fehlgeschlagene Anwendung reaper.exe, Version 4.7.3.0, fehlgeschlagenes Modul ntdll.dll, Version 5.1.2600.5512, Fehleradresse 0x0001b1fa.

0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 72 65 61 ure rea
0018: 70 65 72 2e 65 78 65 20 per.exe
0020: 34 2e 37 2e 33 2e 30 20 4.7.3.0
0028: 69 6e 20 6e 74 64 6c 6c in ntdll
0030: 2e 64 6c 6c 20 35 2e 31 .dll 5.1
0038: 2e 32 36 30 30 2e 35 35 .2600.55
0040: 31 32 20 61 74 20 6f 66 12 at of
0048: 66 73 65 74 20 30 30 30 fset 000
0050: 31 62 31 66 61 0d 0a 1b1fa..

In EnergyXT the following message pops up if i delete the Instance of Peng:

Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 0001B1FA.
Access violation at adress 7c92B1FA in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 00000010

Hey thanks, I do not need the report (now) :)

Cheers!

JM

So far no more crashes/freezes with Peng or o-clip 32 & 64 bit in FL Studio 11.1 32 & 64 bit as well
as Reaper x64 4.731. Tested using:

Peng 1.5 build c8cd9f5
o-clip 1.5 build 02c3364

For some reason Reaper will only make either the 32bit or 64bit available though they are both installed. If I delete the 32bit and start Reaper, the 64bit shows up fine and vice versa. Is there a way to change the plugin ID so Reaper will show both?

Just to make sure I'm understanding how this works:
Voice FX = FX for one sample
Layer FX = FX for multiple samples within a layer.
Pad FX = FX for everything on the pad including multiple layers?

Visually, it's a bit confusing in the FX section for values that have icons (threshold, ratio, etc.). I suppose if one memorizes the icons it's ok. It would be good if there were labels, but it could take up a lot of room.

Nice job on the crash fixes! :)

Best,
Ed

1. - I think I can add a second ID, good catch!

2. - As far as the UI is concerned, There will be a "help" bar at the bottom, showing help information about the ui control you are hovering.

3. - The VoiceFX section is for polyphonic processing (for example an LFO and/or Envelope controlled filter, future dynamic FX reacting to a steady volume, e.g. before velocity amplitude modulation etc.).

The LayerFX section if for the layer (currently only having one only sound).

The PadFX section for a mix of all layers on the pad.

Have you discovered the bus section yet? You can click on the little "jack" icon on either the pad or a layer to assign/create a bus. Busses can be shown and hidden with the little mixer icon on the top.

every layer and pad can additionally be send into each and every bus.

I need to write some documentation soon, as Peng is probably not as intuitive at first.

edteneyck wrote:So far no more crashes/freezes with Peng or o-clip 32 & 64 bit in FL Studio 11.1 32 & 64 bit as well
as Reaper x64 4.731. Tested using:

Peng 1.5 build c8cd9f5
o-clip 1.5 build 02c3364

For some reason Reaper will only make either the 32bit or 64bit available though they are both installed. If I delete the 32bit and start Reaper, the 64bit shows up fine and vice versa. Is there a way to change the plugin ID so Reaper will show both?

Just to make sure I'm understanding how this works:
Voice FX = FX for one sample
Layer FX = FX for multiple samples within a layer.
Pad FX = FX for everything on the pad including multiple layers?

Visually, it's a bit confusing in the FX section for values that have icons (threshold, ratio, etc.). I suppose if one memorizes the icons it's ok. It would be good if there were labels, but it could take up a lot of room.

Nice job on the crash fixes! :)

Best,
Ed

Nice, no more crashes with deleting peng in xt and reaper.

I found a little misspelling: If I add a filter it says "hight pass" instead of "high pass" :)

Other than that I´m interested if there are any envelopes or other modulation possibilities?
At least VolumeEnvelopes would be nice.

I'm not sure what the checkboxes in the filebrowser are for.

I recognized peng has an audioinput. Is it possible to record samples into peng, or what is the input for?

greetz

The labels are still to be "translated", so they are basically internal names. Also , there are plenty of modulation possibilities. I obviously have to write a manual :D . try right-clicking on a control in a layer. You can create your own flexible envelopes with macro parameters, draw your own LFOs etc. Seems to be hidden, but when you get the concept its very fast!

JM

Also , there are plenty of modulation possibilities. I obviously have to write a manual :D . try right-clicking on a control in a layer. You can create your own flexible envelopes with macro parameters, draw your own LFOs etc. Seems to be hidden, but when you get the concept its very fast!
Ah, i get it. Very cool, thanks.

At the moment I'm trying to get my head around the Bus System and recognized some weird behavior:

I loaded some Samples, created a few buses and played around a bit. In the Bus Section you can see all the Samples that are loaded to rout them to the bus. If i delete a sample from a pad the sample disapears from the bus section, fine. Now if I delete all samples from all pads and delete all buses, and then create some buses again (there actually no samples loaded at this point) I can see all previously loaded samples in the bus section.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

thx

flyshe wrote:
Also , there are plenty of modulation possibilities. I obviously have to write a manual :D . try right-clicking on a control in a layer. You can create your own flexible envelopes with macro parameters, draw your own LFOs etc. Seems to be hidden, but when you get the concept its very fast!
Ah, i get it. Very cool, thanks.

At the moment I'm trying to get my head around the Bus System and recognized some weird behavior:

I loaded some Samples, created a few buses and played around a bit. In the Bus Section you can see all the Samples that are loaded to rout them to the bus. If i delete a sample from a pad the sample disapears from the bus section, fine. Now if I delete all samples from all pads and delete all buses, and then create some buses again (there actually no samples loaded at this point) I can see all previously loaded samples in the bus section.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

thx

Sounds like a bug! I'll look into it! Also I'll try to do some short videos explaining functions and concepts.

Cheers!

JM

Thanks for the tips!

The bus section is very cool. Either assign from a pad or create a new one from the bottom with an effect added. :)

I found another crash issue. If I drag a pad to the tag names, it opens a "save preset" window.
If I choose "Cancel", I get "Access violation at address 1035CB35 in module "Peng.dll". Read of address 00000000".

The crash was with the 32bit version in FL Studio 11.1. on Win7 64bit.

edteneyck wrote:Thanks for the tips!

The bus section is very cool. Either assign from a pad or create a new one from the bottom with an effect added. :)

I found another crash issue. If I drag a pad to the tag names, it opens a "save preset" window.
If I choose "Cancel", I get "Access violation at address 1035CB35 in module "Peng.dll". Read of address 00000000".

The crash was with the 32bit version in FL Studio 11.1. on Win7 64bit.
:) Good find!

If I drag a pad to the tag names, it opens a "save preset" window.
I can confirm that this issue is fixed .

I'm trying to trace down and issue with FL crashing. It just said "FL Studio has stopped working". At the time I wasn't editing anything and had Peng (f4de2eb) open but also had all the demos from the audioline loaded as well, so it's hard to tell which one caused it.

I got the key and tried it, but it crashed after id load a sample and hit audition. It would start to preview the sound then crash the daw. Reaper, Podium and Mulab. Crash reports?

Return to “audioD3CK”