Roland plug-outs - can they also be bought as native plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's great to see Roland take the role here many of us wanted for years,actual emulations of their gear, I wonder if Yamaha will follow suite ;) speaking of their analog gear
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Just a word of warning. I picked this up only to find out that in their literature "Tested on Cubase 7.5" means WILL NOT WORK in Cubase 6.5.

So effectively I've thrown away 100 quid on a plugin I can't use unless I upgrade my Cubase. Which I do not want to do. And they won't give me a refund even though I haven't been able to register (or run) the plugin.

This will be the last time I consider buying anything from Roland, as I've bought hundreds of audio plugins and never had an issue like this. I feel duped, to be honest.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Just a word of warning. I picked this up only to find out that in their literature "Tested on Cubase 7.5" means WILL NOT WORK in Cubase 6.5.

So effectively I've thrown away 100 quid on a plugin I can't use unless I upgrade my Cubase. Which I do not want to do. And they won't give me a refund even though I haven't been able to register (or run) the plugin.

This will be the last time I consider buying anything from Roland, as I've bought hundreds of audio plugins and never had an issue like this. I feel duped, to be honest.
It may be worth contacting them, you never know, they may give you a refund?

Sendy wrote:Just a word of warning. I picked this up only to find out that in their literature "Tested on Cubase 7.5" means WILL NOT WORK in Cubase 6.5.

Are you sure it is not an install error, I have it working with Cubase 7(not 7.5), it is a VST3 plugin btw...or do you know for a fact it doesn't work - just suprised at that it could fail with one earlier version than mine...

Is it not working or not showing?

How can this be with the VST specs? I don't get it. This is really unbelievable!!! :x
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Hemmick Reef wrote:

It may be worth contacting them, you never know, they may give you a refund?
I did, they just pointed me to the part on their website I quoted above in my OP. My mistake they say, so no refund.

On the other end of the scale, a little outfit like Unfiltered Audio, I also had a problem with their Sandman delay not running on my system, and they fixed it.
Regarding your inquiry, we have confirmed that you have downloaded and
it is not activated yet by now according to your e-mail address.

Unfortunately we cannot refund for the reason except the defect of the product,
and it is expressly written in our License Agreement before your downloading.
*Notice: We would like you to understand that we do not ensure normal operation for your DAW.
Here we specify on our web site.
<Compatible Host Applications>
http://www.roland.com/support/article/? ... d=63191553
So basically they're saying it's my mistake, suck it up.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

breakmixer wrote:

Are you sure it is not an install error, I have it working with Cubase 7(not 7.5), it is a VST3 plugin btw...or do you know for a fact it doesn't work - just suprised at that it could fail with one earlier version than mine...

Is it not working or not showing?
It is showing in Cubase, but when I click it to instantiate it, Cubase crashes. This is something I've *never* seen before in my life of a Plugins Muggins.

Hm, the only plugin ever crashing Cubase for me was Largo, and that was due to some user account problem. Maybe you could try to run Cubase as an admin user, if your default user is a normal user without admin rights. Just a shot in the dark, but maybe it's a similar problem.

chk071 wrote:Hm, the only plugin ever crashing Cubase for me was Largo, and that was due to some user account problem. Maybe you could try to run Cubase as an admin user, if your default user is a normal user without admin rights. Just a shot in the dark, but maybe it's a similar problem.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am 99% sure I have admin rights. I will doublecheck, though.

Sendy wrote:
chk071 wrote:Hm, the only plugin ever crashing Cubase for me was Largo, and that was due to some user account problem. Maybe you could try to run Cubase as an admin user, if your default user is a normal user without admin rights. Just a shot in the dark, but maybe it's a similar problem.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am 99% sure I have admin rights. I will doublecheck, though.
Gosh I hope you get it to work, that is unacceptable. Why would you not a expect a VST plugin to work in a modern Steinberg (who invented VST AFAIK) Daw?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Yeah but it's VST 3.6 - maybe they could have made that clearer?

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah but it's VST 3.6 - maybe they could have made that clearer?
I didn't know that, thanks. Yes, it absolutely could have been made clearer, but it seems the folks at Roland would rather sucker people in than post an explicit warning. "Tested on Cubase 7.5" isn't enough information.

They've asked me a bunch of other questions, obvious stuff. Mostly stuff I already explained in my opening email. At the same time, they've also made it clear they don't want to refund, due to the quotes I posted from them earlier. Perhaps they'll come around.

Here's a suggestion. Download the demo of another DAW that it does work in, activate the plugin, then try and open it in Cubase 6.5. It might be the initial activation causing the problem.

Their activation does suck. I've been using the SH-101 and SH-2 without problems since release, but today I noticed the sound dropping out every few seconds. Opened the activator and it said my licenses had expired. Had to go through the whole activation process again. Only took a few minutes and it all worked out okay but it's still annoying.

I do think the SH-2 is the best plugin I've ever heard though, nothing comes close to It in terms of its authentic analog sound, so I'm really hoping for you to get it working.

Cakewalk synths are made by Roland.

They are vst plugins. Real va synths.

They sound pretty good. At sweetwater.com rapture sounds phenomenal actually.

Look for cakewalk synths often times on discount at pluginboutique.com for cheap.

They seem to go on sale quarterly annually for less than 50 dollars. Rapture and dimension pro often sell for under 20 dollars.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Sendy wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Yeah but it's VST 3.6 - maybe they could have made that clearer?
I didn't know that, thanks. Yes, it absolutely could have been made clearer, but it seems the folks at Roland would rather sucker people in than post an explicit warning. "Tested on Cubase 7.5" isn't enough information.
Yes, instead of saying 'tested on...' they should be saying 'requires a host that as a minimum supports the VST 3.6 standard'. As far as I can tell they only updated the standard a year ago so I would not expect earlier versions of Cubase (or other VST3 supporting hosts) to support it so they should certainly make that clearer. I'm not even sure what other hosts do support it, I know several that claim to support VST3 but in my experience none of them seem to do a brilliant job of it except Studio One and even then I'm not clear if it supports the latest version.

Return to “Instruments”