Bitwig Studio 1.1.1 RC 1

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

the first release candidate for Bitwig Studio 1.1.1 is online, you can download it on
http://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio/ ... idate.html

Here is the list of changes since version 1.1:

FIXED - When dragging an unnamed arranger clip to the browser the default name to save the clip under has "Scene x" appended to the name.
FIXED - Dragging note start might result in incorrect order of notes, which causes playback errors.
FIXED - PDC does not work correctly for chains of Multi-Out VSTs.
FIXED - Engine crashed when playing audio files with audio I/O running at 192 kHz.
FIXED - Timeline controlled launching in clips does not work correctly.
FIXED - Helper windows such as DSP graph or Scripting Console should not become full-screen with their parent window on OSX.

Have a great day!
Volker
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

Thank you :) ... its not been the same with only one version of Bitwig installed ;)

thanks volker! small bug i noticed here on OSX 10.9.5:

if you adjust a stretched audio clip's tempo directly by click-dragging the Inspector's Tempo field, and then Undo the tempo change, it doesn't revert visually in the Tempo text field (the clip itself visually reverts to its previous size as expected).

also, because it's not reverted, when you next stretch the file using the Inspector's Tempo, the strech gets longer and longer on each stretch/undo.

hope that shambolic explanation makes sense.!

Thanks!

garyboozy wrote:thanks volker! small bug i noticed here on OSX 10.9.5:

if you adjust a stretched audio clip's tempo directly by click-dragging the Inspector's Tempo field, and then Undo the tempo change, it doesn't revert visually in the Tempo text field (the clip itself visually reverts to its previous size as expected).

also, because it's not reverted, when you next stretch the file using the Inspector's Tempo, the strech gets longer and longer on each stretch/undo.

hope that shambolic explanation makes sense.!
Thanks Gareth!
I could reproduce it and fixed it, will be included in the next update.
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

dropping some MIDI clips to the affected multi-vst out gives me an empty sampler, so in what cases does it work for (the length of the sample seems same the drooped MIDI clip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyqCHQYmSBg

I've played with the arming state of tracks too but I always get an empty clip so :? am I missed something ?
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

cheers volker!

hi xbitz,
the midi clips you're dragging onto the bus channels... that's won't to work because midi and audio can only be added to proper clip slots (the ones with 'stop' buttons), not 'child' bus channels.

as for the Sampler appearing... seems weird at first, but this is 'normal' behaviour. when you drag a midi clip into the device area (below the mixer), it's bounced to audio and added to a Sampler by default. so in your case, the track's midi data is bounced to audio as it should, but as you're dragging midi clips with no audio source, you get a Sampler with bounced silence.

maybe the bouncing of midi clips dragged to child busses shouldn't be allowed - it's pretty confusing!
Last edited by garyboozy on Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanks much, Bitwig has really come together

garyboozy wrote:cheers volker!

hi xbitz,
the midi clips you're dragging onto the bus channels... that's won't to work because midi and audio can only be added to proper clip slots (the ones with 'stop' buttons), not 'child' bus channels.

as for the Sampler appearing... seems weird at first, but this is 'normal' behaviour. when you drag a midi clip into the device area (below the mixer), it's bounced to audio and added to a Sampler by default. so in your case, the track's midi data is bounced to audio as it should, but as you're dragging midi clips with no audio source, you get a Sampler with bounced silence.

maybe the bouncing of midi clips dragged to child busses shouldn't be allowed - it's pretty confusing!
it's not quite true because it's working with UVI from it's own track
uvi.png
--
after a bit playing>
as I see: drag and dropping is working only from the own track of an instrument and doesn't from an outer routed one
--
created a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWeQTQa6_VI
so it's almost good just would be nice from routed tracks too :roll: cool feature otherwise
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you so much, you are amazing. I sent you a crash report yesterday and the next day you fixing it, wow, Logic, Ableton, and all the other ones can exemple from you guys!! :tu:

volker@bitwig wrote: FIXED - Timeline controlled launching in clips does not work correctly.
Volker
that was fast... :tu:
thx! :clap:

1.1 can't open the 1.1rc1 project files (incorrect version) onclicking not working

with UVI inner interface 1.1,1.1rc1 till it not get some input MIDI signal, ok in FL

And still minimum Attack value in Sampler instrument is 1.0ms.

I think I vaguely remember one of the devs saying way back that they fixed the actual attack time but had't got around to fixing the display on the knob. Is that right?

Ogopogo wrote:I think I vaguely remember one of the devs saying way back that they fixed the actual attack time but had't got around to fixing the display on the knob. Is that right?
Yes! It's right. But i'm so perfectionist and think that devs should solve this problem :( :hug:

Return to “Bitwig”