iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

BBFG# wrote:Okay, may seem fairly obvious, but let me ask anyway...

Does the upgrade include the Izotope libraries since it is now part of the standard?
If so, why would we need to import them then?
Message feels a little mixed here.

But that would definitely be a good reason to upgrade if it had all the 7GB.
Izotope is advertising over 11 GB of audio samples in the library download, so it is possible that Iris 2 contains much of the samples of the old library. Also some of the sounds outlined on the product page as coming from objects like marbles and glass, toys, and voice hints that some of the patches might be recreated.

I dunno. I just wrote above that I will probably wait on the upgrade, but looking at the videos now that I am home from work the new version suggests a wealth of modulation features that might be difficult to pass up. I have to admit, though, that I have had better luck making mangled up sounds that I like from my *own* recordings of modular my synth gear using Padshop Pro.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

FYI I just checked to see of JRRShop's coupon codes are working with the upgrade and they are not at the moment.
Gribs

Gribs wrote:I can think of some inexpensive Kontakt instruments from the likes of Synth Magic and Audiothing that are of more interest to me right now, as well as Simon's Granular Guitar's expansion for Padshop Pro. I think that I will back-burner this one for a while.
I'm just some random guy, but I will say that I love the Granular Guitars set. I'm sure you've already demoed it, but if not, you should. :tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Looks mostly like an attempt to get me to buy the expansion libraries I was never interested in. No thanks.
Image Image

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:I was looking forward to the Iris 2 release but it came much earlier than anticipated. Judging from the dialog herein it may not be an automatic buy for me. Amy issues mentioned are putting me in the skeptical camp.

I am wondering to get this by 12-11-14 or wait for Alchemy 2. Or borrow the dollars to buy both.

I am not inspired by the audio demos but am inspired by the possibilities of what can be done with samples in this virtual instrument.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/eff ... ents/iris/
I am into sweet beautiful sounds rather than harsh electronic ones. I mostly hope to use my audio samples and hope that I can come up with something nice.
Here are 6+ hours of iris demos in 130+ tracks, 100% Iris version 1, also sweet and beautiful.
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/sets/iris-set-1

3.5 hours of Iris videos in this playlist, some sweet and beautiful too.

Thanks, Your audio demos were very good. A bit too clean or crystalline for me. I like them organic and analog and sometimes bit dirty. After looking around I did find some closer to my liking. It's good to know of what is possible with Iris.

rustman wrote:
Gribs wrote:I can think of some inexpensive Kontakt instruments from the likes of Synth Magic and Audiothing that are of more interest to me right now, as well as Simon's Granular Guitar's expansion for Padshop Pro. I think that I will back-burner this one for a while.
I'm just some random guy, but I will say that I love the Granular Guitars set. I'm sure you've already demoed it, but if not, you should. :tu:
LOL, thank you for the input. I am just a random dabbler.

I dunno if anyone noticed, but Sonic State has a 30 minute video up with a guy from Izotope. Doh, I see it was posted a few pages back already :dog:
Gribs

Does the upgrade include the Izotope libraries since it is now part of the standard?
If it does we won't, but I think it's the third party libraries, particularly Simon's, that most people are concerned about importing.

I use many Izotope products and generally sing their praises but I am a bit surprised with this Iris V2. First, I do like the look of it. The modulation looks great. I think there is a great deal of improvement on the surface without testing it yet. A big library of sounds now included seems good too.

I hope they have sorted the awful filter envelope? I wish the sample playback engine was improved but over all it looks OK. Shame about the patches compatibility!!

Going to have a play with it now. :)

The iZotope guy in the Sonic State video says near the end that they wanted to include the entire library with Iris 2 and not sell individual pieces at the start. He also claims that Iris 1 patches will import just fine, which appears to be incorrect.
Gribs

Sampleconstruct wrote:LOL, now I imported the first patch and it sounds absolutely nothing like the old one because an envelope has been automatically assigned which makes the sound disappear after one second. So you hear zipppshhhhh.....mute instead of a cosmic soundscape which this patch once was.
Hey Samp, (Can I call you Samp? No? OK, Mr. Sampleconstruct :hihi:

I have an idea. I'm a subscriber and enjoy your presets. I'd much rather have you working on new stuff for the subscription (even though I haven't always been present enough to download them in time. (See: new baby)) so why not crowd source it? I bet each of your subscribers would chip in and if enough of them did X presets we might be able to convert them all to sound more or less like the originals.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

aMUSEd wrote:

If it does we won't, but I think it's the third party libraries, particularly Simon's, that most people are concerned about importing.
Actually reading the new KvR announcement it becomes a bit clearer now - it says there's an 11 GB sample library, and their website says it includes samples from the 8 addons and 3GB of new material. However the KvR announcement also says it comes with 'More than 350 patches with intuitive controls are included' - which means clearly it may come with the samples but does not come with all the presets in those 8 addons as just one of them has between 100-200 patches. So it looks like even they didn't have time or the money to put someone on Simon's desert island to do the conversion :)

http://youtu.be/env6mX6JFOk

Anyone else getting this sound cut out problem when you move the frequency selection right to the bottom?!

Sparky77 wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:
I don't think I'll worry about my previous Iris libraries being incompatible, I will will just keep the two versions of Iris, and patches that I think could be improved with the new features in v2 I'll upgrade manually---
Its not too much to hope for, compatibility with previous patches.... :dog:
I think it would be excellent and highly desirable if the previous versions patches could be opened in the the new version of Iris, but as I will have both versions of Iris I'll still have access to all my sounds even though they old versions can't be opend in Iris v2.

It's a problem for new owners of Iris v2 though if they want to buy libraries based on the Iris v1 they will be out of luck..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

The Izotope Product Manager say:
- yes the patches from Iris 1 openend but they sound different (open just fine - comment from the product manager)
- simply copy them from one folder to the new folder
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

jsp1979 wrote:I hope they send me an email when the sale is about to end as a reminder.

:hihi:
:lol:

Return to “Instruments”