Bitwig should now offer free unlocked version of 1.015... why not?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While I still use Vista for some things, it would be a great waste of resources to support a system that isn't being supported by its developer.

Vista will not be able to run future elements of the software so why waste the resources?

Have you tried to install it on Vista? It may be that it will install, don't know, but why not just get current? Aside from the expense there really is no reason not to. I can understand from the expense issue but there is so much to gain by getting current.

JM2C

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

marztecheque wrote:Seriously, Dom - you rode it out thru thick and thin - there was this promise... this promise of some sort of product... for quite some time.. and you were there like John Wayne, showing up at the OK Corral. Every time. "Guys, it's coming - it's gonna be good..." - and we believed you. Yes, there are the programmers, the people all behind the team - everyone - I am taking my hat off to them...but just like England needs the Royals, there is a "face" that helps simplify making an "identification" with the "identity" - you are a great identity for Bitwig!
Thanks for that! But hey, it is just believing in what you do, regardless of what others might think.
And the only thing John Wayne and me got in common is that we're exactly the same height. Have to watch gunfight at the o.k. corral again some day, though, last time has to be 20 years ago :)
I will still be doing tradeshows, interviews etc., but it was nice to get help with the videos during the 1.1 preperations to be able to concentrate on other things.
marztecheque wrote: Really! I especially love the future music/music radar preview where you look like you're in a hotel room sipping a big glass of water...? I like to tell myself it's a glass of vodka or gin or rum.
Good catch, it was a hotel room @NAMM during the day we arrived and were setting up the booth.
The worst video of all, to me. Exhausted, jet lagged... and i exactly look like that.
Plus they totally messed up the editing and let me explain the histograms two times in a row without editing it correctly. So what. Ah, and even if i can't say i don't like a good vodka or whiskey, it has been water, if i remember correctly. :D
marztecheque wrote: Cheers, Dom! But really, cheers Bitwig. You guys have really done something amazing in a short period of time. Good for you. and thank you. I guys if you guys weren't doing it, we'd have to code music software ourselves?

Thanks for your hard work. You guys are pushing it. Pushing the envelope. That's the best news of all.
Thanks from the whole team! Wholeheartedly. Because it is exactly that, a team effort that would just not be the same in a different constellation.

Cheers!
Dom

blackflag wrote:I just wish it would install on Vista, any particular reason why it doesn't, or do you guys just not want to provide support?
Dsan is right, it just makes not too much sense to develop for, test on and support an OS that is basically not supported anymore by Microsoft themselfes... basically there are no service packs being done anymore since 2010 and no mainstream support since 2012.

http://support2.microsoft.com/lifecycle ... lpha=Vista

Cheers,
Dom

I was watching old Bitwig videos for fun after reading this thread. The Polysynth looked quite different 2 years ago.

Inf1ux wrote:I was watching old Bitwig videos for fun after reading this thread. The Polysynth looked quite different 2 years ago.

I love watching old Bitwig videos man, the ones when the beta was just getting ready to come out, the announcement of Bitwig, the conventions where they showed off the program. I like seeing how things progressed over the years and sometimes I find my self wishing certain things looked like they did back then :) I liked how the clips looked darker back then and the transport bar was thinner and the volume faders were black
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

Yeah, drop down menus for modulation, so 2001.

Regarding the main thread topic I don't see how that's supposed to work. I mean 1.0.15 is like 80%-90% of what makes up 1.1, you'd basically be giving away the farm and losing a whole bunch of possible users.

According to your link Adobe didn't exactly totally intend to give away their product for free either: "the CS2 download is intended for those who have purchased the software previously and already posses the existing CS2 licenses." It seems that they weighed the cost of keeping the activation servers up vs the cost of letting non license holders get their paws on it. But that software was years out of date and not even stable on current OSes, so it's pretty different.

Ogopogo wrote:Yeah, drop down menus for modulation, so 2001.

Regarding the main thread topic I don't see how that's supposed to work. I mean 1.0.15 is like 80%-90% of what makes up 1.1, you'd basically be giving away the farm and losing a whole bunch of possible users.

According to your link Adobe didn't exactly totally intend to give away their product for free either: "the CS2 download is intended for those who have purchased the software previously and already posses the existing CS2 licenses." It seems that they weighed the cost of keeping the activation servers up vs the cost of letting non license holders get their paws on it. But that software was years out of date and not even stable on current OSes, so it's pretty different.
Yeah regarding the OP I definitely disagree. There is no need to do that. The current demo allows you to fully explore Bitwig without being able to save your projects. Sure it would be nice to save them, but this kind of trial suits me more as there is no overall time limit.

IMO it would devalue BWS too.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

TristanMendoza wrote:I love watching old Bitwig videos man, the ones when the beta was just getting ready to come out, the announcement of Bitwig, the conventions where they showed off the program. I like seeing how things progressed over the years and sometimes I find my self wishing certain things looked like they did back then :) I liked how the clips looked darker back then and the transport bar was thinner and the volume faders were black
Yeah, the smaller transport is nice. I put in a FR for that, but that also had to do with the fact that there are so many meters and indicators in bitwig and that master meter is one of the extraneous ones imo. I figured maybe there could be two versions you could choose between.

codec17 wrote:Well .. if only grouping would be in 1.2 im more then happy! :hihi:
Im already excited..... :tu:
Put the secret in 1.3..... :?: :?: :?: :D :hihi:
But soooooo curious what you guys got there up your sleeve. :-o
Cant wait!
No no, let's stick with grouping and secret in 1.2 pls. :D

Return to “Bitwig”