Best singular music orientated purchase of 2014

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know it's early for these things.

I can't come up with a best. it's really about two different guitars.
Curious if anyone else had a clear winner purchase of the year.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Possibly. I might be getting hold of an ESP EX50 with some passive ceramic EMGs fitted for just over $100. Waiting to hear back. It's in great condition, and while I'm not a big EMG fan, at least they didn't have active pickups installed.

The guitar retails at about $280, and it's in near new condition. As I have only had my Tele for years, something with humbuckers and a different neck will make a welcome change (not that it would stop me from playing my Tele).

A butt pad for my studio chair. It's got a grip surface so it doesn't slide around on the leather chair.

Ahh... butt comfort and I don't need to spend $150 on a new studio chair.

a trumpet from a flea market.
as id never played one before I cant be sure my neighbours would agree.

mmmm...I think maybe my VCS3 was the best I made here. Couple that with my Fig Fumb distortion box....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

tough question, I've bought 4 guitars, two amps and a truck load of guitar pedals this year.
I guess it's a toss up between the PRS NF3 and the Gibson BFG.
how can I not mention the Fender american deluxe strat? sigh...
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

For me, my Pulse 2. Awesome.

can't think of anything really. i already have practically all i'll ever need, and this year was kinda slow on purchases due to nothing in particular missing from my arsenal. the most expensive purchase i made was 1500 IK gear credits on a sale, most of which i still have - if anything, this was probably the best, as i got lots of great amps and gear for very cheap (and sold some licenses). i doubt i'll be buying much going forward. i'm planning for another guitar, but this will likely be next year. i have an eye on a few plugins, but i'm waiting for sales on those as i'm not in a rush to have those.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Getting a great deal on second-hand license for Alchemy

It feels really great being able to afford such a luxurious top of the line plug :tu:

An Ibanez classical guitar and a cello made in China.

Hmm, not sure I could choose just one. Thinking back, I've bought a lot of stuff this year... :oops:

It's probably between:
– Second-hand Bigsby+Vibramate (for a reasonable price) & P-rails+Triple Shots for my Les Paul (I fitted them all at the same time so see it as a singular purchase :lol:)
– Moog Sub 37
– Pianoteq Standard upgrade + Blüthner add-on
And it is as it is and we take as we find / Always next season's buds on the bough / But I'll never find a better time / Hard though it is to allow / I'll never find a better time / To be alive than now

Probably a cheap Jazzmaster copy I picked up off ebay.

Kind of a revelation, I just *want* to play it so much more than any guitar I've had before.

After that, probably Guitar Rig (replaced a whole load of other plugs) or Valhalla VintageVerb (ditto).

Though Sandman is undoubtedly the most bang-for-buck fun-wise.

Building myself a nice new PC and finally retiring my cheap Dell laptop to simpler tasks.

Sampleconstruct wrote:An Ibanez classical guitar .
cool. A friend just gave me an Ovation classical, the bridge is pulling up so I haven't put strings on to play it.
I'm taking it in today for the repair; really excited as I grew up playing on a classical. So I'm hoping that will be my best music oriented purchase.repair of the yr.
Next up, chip repair for my Juno 106!

bluedad wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:An Ibanez classical guitar .
cool. A friend just gave me an Ovation classical, the bridge is pulling up so I haven't put strings on to play it.
I'm taking it in today for the repair; really excited as I grew up playing on a classical. So I'm hoping that will be my best music oriented purchase.repair of the yr.
Next up, chip repair for my Juno 106!
I just love her sound, here are some sampled version of this guitar, that's what I bought her for actually but I often just sit there and noodle for hours on the real thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMnR64XBoN8

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... impro-demo

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/g ... mo-ambient

Ovations rock too, maybe I should try to get hold of a 2nd hand one.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”