Eiosis AirEQ Premium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AirEQ

Got my free upgrade and thought it was very generous to do that so I had to email them and say thanks.
This thing is flat out be-u-T-Ful! period! I'm a gui freak and man, I love to look at this thing. Very Avalon-ish looks wise.It's got that we mean business brushed aluminum look that makes me break out in a cold sweat.Ok,I'm alright now.
I'm messing with it on the drum buss and the first thing I noticed is that the sound seems really nice and open bringing the drums more up front adding more dimensional and the highs are very crisp and clear. I've only played with this thing a little bit so far and already know it'll be a go to. I also own Equalibrium and Pro-Q2 and each has it's own definite character to my ears. I'm loving this eq!
Thanks again guys!
Last edited by dblock on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oops.double post :oops:
Last edited by dblock on Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kylen wrote:Well, I'll be the idiot who can't make it work on Reaper 4.75 Win 7/32bit :(
I installed the ilok2 key, downloaded and installed VST2 only, it crashed Reaper, then uninstalled AirEQPremium, rebooted, installed everything. It still crashed Reaper.

I'll see if I can find a support link and get some help.
I've been using it for over a year and besides all bugs that we found during the beta stage it's been working fine here in REAPER 4.75 64bit under Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Did you update your License Manager?

Mercado_Negro wrote:
kylen wrote:Well, I'll be the idiot who can't make it work on Reaper 4.75 Win 7/32bit :(
I installed the ilok2 key, downloaded and installed VST2 only, it crashed Reaper, then uninstalled AirEQPremium, rebooted, installed everything. It still crashed Reaper.

I've been using it for over a year and besides all bugs that we found during the beta stage it's been working fine here in REAPER 4.75 64bit under Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Did you update your License Manager?
Yes I did - thanks Mercado. I am able to get it running by setting Reaper to load the generic GUI, but as soon as I switch to the real GUI after 3-4 seconds Reaper crashes.

Then next step - GPU driver update?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

kylen wrote:
Mercado_Negro wrote:

Yes I did - thanks Mercado. I am able to get it running by setting Reaper to load the generic GUI, but as soon as I switch to the real GUI after 3-4 seconds Reaper crashes.
What's your graphics card model? Drivers 344.11 for GeForce cards work fine with the latest versions of all Slate plugins and AirEQ. There was a point when plugins were broken because of problems with GPU drivers but that was solved in the last two or three updates of Nvidia drivers.

@Compy and Mercado - I'm on a laptop with integrated Intel 945 chipset graphics, I updated the drivers last night but no help...I'll dig around some more but might be out of luck - thanks for the ideas. At least I can use it GUI-less (ears-only for sure).

Then one final try:
Grab a copy of Christian Budde's VST Plugin Analyzer (sadly loads 32bit plugins only). Try it in there. If the GUI shows up, then your GPU is compatible. If not, I'm a bit lost.

I do know that DMG Audio's Dualism uses OpenGL for rendering the GUI. Maybe AirEQ does as well. So if you can find a driver mod or something that enables this...

Else... contact the support.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Then one final try:
Grab a copy of Christian Budde's VST Plugin Analyzer (sadly loads 32bit plugins only). Try it in there. If the GUI shows up, then your GPU is compatible. If not, I'm a bit lost.

I do know that DMG Audio's Dualism uses OpenGL for rendering the GUI. Maybe AirEQ does as well. So if you can find a driver mod or something that enables this...

Else... contact the support.
Yes - it fails the same way in VST Analyzer, Chainer, and Izotope RX3. I've contacted support. Former AirEQ customer so I got Premium as a free update, looks like I have to wait for a PC upgrade (need to get off this laptop soon anyway)...thanks

Eiosis support are looking into this and have an understanding of the problem.

deleted
Last edited by xtrax on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah it's quite big in size the installer so that would explain that impulse responses were used ... but how is it made, captured from analog devices or calculated mathematically?
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

No, I don't think this uses Impulse Responses. Fabrice was mentioning the following on GS:
Fabrice Gabriel on GS wrote: did a lecture at the AES LA last year also about these points, and so I may just do the same in video, because it was not only useful to understand the technical aspects of AirEQ, but also the issues of equalization, resonances, EQ impulse response, etc..
With focus on "but also on the issues of" - which was a general topic at the AES LA.

Source: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10559316-post160.html

Since Fabrice didn't further comment on this, suddenly users on GS assumed this is an IR type EQ - and therefore all other products by Eiosis/Slate are IR based as well.

The huge file size also counts to most recent Slate Digital products. Keep in mind, the bundle AAX, VST and AU in there - both 32bit and 64bit. There are also the iLok routines bundled. So if you install VST2, VST3 and on top of that also 32/64bit, you can imagine the filesize on your HDD.

The main thing they want to improve over the next months, is the file sizes of these packs. Which is mainly due to graphics. At least this is the answer I got from support.

It's still over 300mb I think when you take off the other file formats. Maybe it's impulses but who knows, might be a secret :D
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

It's graphics that need improvement - and this was mentioned to me three times at various points.
Just look at how large the most recent IK Multimedia installation bundle is. Is it "impulses"?

I just contacted Fabrice, made him aware of this thread. If one can clear up what's going on, it's him.

Return to “Effects”