Omnisphere - worth $500?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

How to play more than 2 sounds in live mode not using latch?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

gremlinmoon wrote:If I was dosed with 1200 micrograms of LSD and was locked in a room with only one synth (and someone to play it for the sake of argument), the synth that I would want would be Omnisphere.

I tend to base all of my synth/gear choices around that hypothetical scenario.

My other "go to" scenario is what synth/gear would I want played at my funeral?

1200 µg of LSD 25 : 5 to 10 doses at the least AFAIK, ...i assume that with such a strong psychodysleptic stuff, the least significant freebie would then do the job !

:ud:

gremlinmoon wrote:If I was dosed with 1200 micrograms of LSD and was locked in a room with only one synth (and someone to play it for the sake of argument), the synth that I would want would be Omnisphere.

I tend to base all of my synth/gear choices around that hypothetical scenario.

My other "go to" scenario is what synth/gear would I want played at my funeral?
In that case, I'll take my Analog Keys, a mic, my guitar and electric kalimba... and a good looper sampler... and no computer :-)

i would love to hear the tracks created at that session...

I haven't visited this site in maybe two years. Just came back and people are STILL attempting to discredit Omnisphere?

Same still goes for Nexus 2 huh? :hihi: :hihi: :clap:
Remember kids...Everything is impossible until it's actually done.

mysticvibes wrote:How to play more than 2 sounds in live mode not using latch?
Send midi input to multiple midi output channels in your DAW. -> see your DAW manual for specifics.

T-CM11 wrote:
Send midi input to multiple midi output channels in your DAW. -> see your DAW manual for specifics.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

T-CM11 wrote:
Did it but still not getting there. Its for live mode again.

TTU Youtube

Krakatau wrote:
gremlinmoon wrote:If I was dosed with 1200 micrograms of LSD and was locked in a room with only one synth ....

1200 µg of LSD 25 : 5 to 10 doses at the least AFAIK, ...i assume that with such a strong psychodysleptic stuff, the least significant freebie would then do the job !

:ud:
I was looking for the Omnisphere thread and somehow stumbled into the 60s..... :ud:

I don't understand how anyone could be inspired by being high. It must be like people who work while drunk....they get used to it as being normal.

When I did cid, shrooms, pot, hash I was just stoned :shrug: I didn't get inspired to write music or to change the world or to have highly philosophical conversations. It was for fun.

TTU Youtube

neverenoughfunk wrote:
i would love to hear the tracks created at that session...
Someone should make a kickstarter for this, I would back it :D
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

hibidy wrote:I don't understand how anyone could be inspired by being high. It must be like people who work while drunk....they get used to it as being normal.

When I did cid, shrooms, pot, hash I was just stoned :shrug: I didn't get inspired to write music or to change the world or to have highly philosophical conversations. It was for fun.
Just let say first that i, for one, stop smoking anything (legal or not) about twenty-five years ago
Nethertheless and in retrospect there is a few positive points about stimulated creativity while being stoned because of the increase of sensitivity and suggestibily i experienced while playing an instrument (or using pencils and ink)

Anything that doesn't need of you much methodic concentration, just while performing on any well-acquired techniques that express itself spontaneously on almost any of your states of mind ...then it might stimulates you at reasonable combustion, without significant disorientation

And while i never had experience of something similar to LSD related or not to introspective experience , there seems to be though, a fact to considerate about them : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entheogen

hibidy wrote:I don't understand how anyone could be inspired by being high. It must be like people who work while drunk....they get used to it as being normal.

i could only speak for myself... but i do a ton practicing... more practicing than actually attempting to write... personally... i cant get high before practicing... but usually after a nice practice session... i may smoke a joint for relaxation... i am not saying the actual music sounds better... but i do feel freer musically... cant say getting high inspires me because practicing does that... the weed help "me" feel feeler to experiment with different ideas... sometimes with great results and sometimes with no results...

That's cool. It's not legal here. I don't do illegal, but if it ever gets legal I'll probably try that.

Return to “Instruments”