Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Audio Deluxe : $87.99
Uncle E messaged me there will offering it for 83.99 USD
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:Audio Deluxe : $87.99
Uncle E messaged me there will offering it for 83.99 USD
Cool... But it's $99 in the cart, is he offering a coupon, or something?

Cheers,

R.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I was considering purchasing Iris 2 - I don't have Iris 1 - but this thread has (kindly) convinced me not to and instead to wait for Alchemy 2. Thanks to all for the insight.

KEv

burkek wrote:I was considering purchasing Iris 2 - I don't have Iris 1 - but this thread has (kindly) convinced me not to and instead to wait for Alchemy 2. Thanks to all for the insight.

KEv
To be fair, the majority of the complaints are from us Iris 1 users not happy with the upgrade price/backwards compatibility with version 2. Both versions are still fantastic bits of software.

I'm not too worried about backwards compatibility myself, but I can see why that would be a right pain.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
If we all stick with v1, the mess is solved. I do have interest in v2 in the respect of advanced modulation routings, but I will not leave my user base behind so as stated several times, v1 lives and I will continue to make sounds for it until the lights go out.
Wow, I haven't even finished downloading all the library yet and 14 pages here already! (thanks for the email Simon)

I haven't read through all the pages, but specific to Simon's library…I myself am perfectly happy continuing to use Iris 1 and Simon's patches (as I was BEFORE knowing about Iris 2) and ALSO look forward to playing with the new version as a separate instrument with it's new features. I can see the difficulties from both sides, my only real disappointment is in how recent product upgrade policies have soured Simon to Izotope in general as I love his work.

So, as Simon has stated his intent to continue to support his users through V1 (thanks Simon ;-)), I will continue to use V1 as before and support HIM as his subscription service for Iris has been one of my best investments, both creatively and economically :D

V2 will be, in my mind, a 'special' and expanded take on the Iris concept, which I will turn to when one of it's new features makes it appropriate and specifically useful.

Let us all be thankful Izotope didn't do something silly like replace the V1 plug-in/library when installing V2, happily they look to sit comfortably side-by-side so it's more about options and choices than it is choosing one over the other (for me).
Chris R Gibson ( a.k.a. Loopy C )
https://soundcloud.com/loopy-c

swartzfeger wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Getting away from the two main points of grief here (price, and backwards compatibility)....

I have to say, I am happy they've beefed up the 'synthesiser' side a fair bit in terms of its modulation flexibility, and made the modulation system fairly user-friendly. Also rather glad theyve decently raising the polyphony limits for Radias-RT and made the sub a proper 4th oscillator, since it pretty much was anyway.

Kind of disappointed that the spectral tools havent been changed. More disappointed that loop points etc cant be modulated, thats a missed opportunity, IMO.
That's my main issue with Iris 2 -- too much 'synth', not enough updates or improvements to what made iris 1 an exciting prospect. And given Izotope's track record, we're not going to see another update until 2017.
How much of the new version is really "synth"? The marketing claims over 100 parameters can be modulated, but how many of those are effects parameters and how many are real synth parameters other than volume envelopes / LFOs? There is no filter model or EQ per spectrogram (major omissions IMO) and AFAIK no way to modulate the spectral masks.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Sampleconstruct wrote:…if it was a brand new synth with something brand new in it, I would do all of that, but it's the old cake with new icing. It's like marrying my wife again just because she had her hair done.
:D Pretty much lol

rustman wrote:
I'm just some random guy, but I will say that I love the Granular Guitars set. I'm sure you've already demoed it, but if not, you should. :tu:
Simon's banks were the reason I purchased Padshop, all of his banks for it are great and really help Padshop break out and shine ;-)

It's always funny to me (but I suppose the commercial/marketing reality) that companies like Steinberg and Izotope can create such unique takes on synthesis and then bend over backwards to make them 'bread and butter' with their sounds and demos. Thank goodness for the existence of sound designers like Simon who rescue these good concepts from often bland, vanilla presentation that many times do not show off their real possibilities.

Blush - thank's Chris, so much concentrated praise makes me dizzy :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:Blush - thank's Chris, so much concentrated praise makes me dizzy :)
Well deserved praise, my pleasure ;-)

I just had a 'flash'…somewhere in a parallel universe, Izotope took the best of 'Breaktweaker''s time/loop functions/features and combined it with the original spectrum synth section of Iris 1…then in an unprecedented move, asked Adobe to borrow their tool pallet!

The possibilities of using BT's contribution in time-based manipulations (via Stutter Edit and Breaktweaker) would be a no-brainer best-use of Izotope resources in re-imagining Iris and applying the Iris concept to a larger universe of new applications IMHO and a terrible missed opportunity.

Now that universe with the Iris 'BT/Photoshop Edition' (and the me that lives there) is having a champagne day :D
Last edited by Loopy C on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loopy C wrote:
I just had a 'flash'…somewhere in a parallel universe, Izotope took the best of 'Breaktweaker''s time/loop functions/features and combined it with the original spectrum synth section of Iris 1…then in an unprecedented move, asked Adobe to borrow their tool pallet! (the possibilities of BT's contribution in time-based manipulations would be a no-brainer best-use of Izotope resources in re-imagining Iris and applying the Iris concept to a larger universe of applications)

Now that universe (and the me that lives there) is having a champagne day :D
LOL, great concept, try selling that to the iZotopes for an Iris 2 Advanced BT-Mega-Flash-limited-edition-version!

I got a message back from iZotope, asking questions:

The Upgrade price of 99 Dollar (official)

"With many new features in Iris 2 such as as flexible new modulation system, enhanced effects and filters, extensive visualizations and metering, hundreds of new patches + 11 GB sample library (24-bit .WAV files for use in any sampler), optimized workflow, an updated UI, and much more, we feel that a $99 upgrade price is well worth the investment. "

Import Patch V1 to V2
"Also, Iris 1 patches can indeed be loaded in Iris 2. Note that but because of all the new features in Iris 2, some parameters (like Modulation and sample locations) may need to be reassigned."

Sample Rate in Standalone Version:
"While you are not able to set the sample rate of the standalone application, Iris 2 can be used at any sample rate up to 192khz within your plug-in host."

MillerSam
Synth Anatomy
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:I got a message back from iZotope, asking questions:

Import Patch V1 to V2
"Also, Iris 1 patches can indeed be loaded in Iris 2. Note that but because of all the new features in Iris 2, some parameters (like Modulation and sample locations) may need to be reassigned."

MillerSam
Synth Anatomy
And that's exactly the point where they are cheating, they know exactly that all modulation-, Macro- and envelope assignments are lost and that the only thing which translates is the spectral selection, the chosen FX modules and the selected filter type. So the "may need to be"-part must read "all parameters have to be reassigned".

Pluginboutique sells IRIS 2 with 35% off.
So new Users pay nearly the same price like
existing coustomers.
It's a shame.
Thank you IZOTOPE, not with me.
I'll spend my upgrade money in another synth like
Ppg Wavemapper or Air Loom.
They offer a better value for the money.
Just my 2 cents.

Return to “Instruments”