how to disable layering in cubase 7.5?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

when i record a midi track in the Key Editor i had the option to just write it all in one layer, now its making every record to a separate layer, so bad...

how do i disable that and make it back to one layer?
thanks, ido

In the Key Editor there are two modes. Solo editing enabled, or not. When not enabled, all of the midi events/parts/tracks are accessible at the same time. When enabled, only the part selected in the menu of parts is accessible. I don't know actually what's going on there, but you probably want solo editing turned on.

hey thanks for the reply .
i just want the cubase 6 old behavior.
i dont want it to create a new layer each and every time i record a midi rule,can it just add up?
just want it to stay in one layer...

It's under the MIDI record options thing on the left-hand side of the transport bar (F2).
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

Set it to Merge.

Muziksculp wrote:Image

Set it to Merge.
ohh thank u guys so muchhh!
made my day!

and maybe u can help me with the generic remote quick controls, every time is set them out its being erase in the next time i go into cubase.

iv tried exporting and importing but for no good.

its still looks like this: Image

???

Yeah, I didn't read that from 'layering'. So is the default behavior not 'normal' now, 'choose merge' suggests that there is no 'normal'.
That doesn't seem right. I'm still at C5 which has three modes, Normal, Merge, and Replace.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”