iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Don't for get all both Synths are NFR ;)
If don't like it in 1 year, you get 0 Euro for that,
iZotope accept License Transfers ;)
Buy your stuff at JRRshop or audiodeluxe, they have better prices for upgrade

BTW I will produce videos on my video channel Synth Anatomy and I demonstrate some patches of the library ;)

MillerSam
Synth Anatomy
http://www.patreon.com/synthanatomy
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

[...]

MillerSam wrote:Audio Deluxe : $87.99
Uncle E messaged me there will offering it for 83.99 USD
This is good to hear, JRRShop emailed me and said it was still going to be $99.00.
AudioDeluxe did give me the $87.99 price as soon as it was announced though.
Four bucks is four bucks, especially during this season...

So a new engine to add with 3GB more (and all 11GB available to download) for that is really not that bad of a deal. I have two forms of Zebra and use them both, I don't see if this will be that much different in that regard. But like someone already speculated, Iris is a bit of 'geek' tool, and it definitely nails that facet in me. Still will go through the demo first and wait for UE to get the basket price showing up regular before making the leap.

(And I think they are NOT NFR, except that upgrades ARE tied together as one. Even though they have separate licenses.)

MillerSam wrote:Do you think also as me that the upgrade price after 11 december of 149 dollar is a lot to much.
Yeah, those wanting to offload Iris v1 should do it quick.

But it is rather certain though that some kind of sale will happen at a point, and prices will be more favorable again then.

As mentioned above I wrote to Izotope about the patch XML formats:
As you note in your help file, if I import an Iris 1 patch into Iris 2 then some information is lost regarding parameter settings.

I note from looking at the XML formats that it should be possible to translate some or all of the data via a conversion script if one knows the mapping between the two XML formats.

I presume in developing Iris 2 that you have a list of these mappings.
The reply states:

Unfortunately we cannot provide you a list of the XML formats. After speaking to the Iris 2 Development team, they explained that the conversion would not be possible due to the change in design from Iris 1 to Iris 2.

I apologize if this has caused you any trouble!
No surprises there then after the reply Simon got.

lnikj wrote:As mentioned above I wrote to Izotope about the patch XML formats:
As you note in your help file, if I import an Iris 1 patch into Iris 2 then some information is lost regarding parameter settings.

I note from looking at the XML formats that it should be possible to translate some or all of the data via a conversion script if one knows the mapping between the two XML formats.

I presume in developing Iris 2 that you have a list of these mappings.
The reply states:

Unfortunately we cannot provide you a list of the XML formats. After speaking to the Iris 2 Development team, they explained that the conversion would not be possible due to the change in design from Iris 1 to Iris 2.

I apologize if this has caused you any trouble!
No surprises there then after the reply Simon got.
Now the development team needs to inform the marketing team, so that the marketing team updates their sales speech from "might need to be reassigned" to "have to be reassigned".

If anyone uses the buzzword "synergy", I'll begin typing obscenities never before heard....
:roll:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

lnikj wrote:
burkek wrote:I was considering purchasing Iris 2 - I don't have Iris 1 - but this thread has (kindly) convinced me not to and instead to wait for Alchemy 2. Thanks to all for the insight.

KEv
To be fair, the majority of the complaints are from us Iris 1 users not happy with the upgrade price/backwards compatibility with version 2. Both versions are still fantastic bits of software.
actually no, quite a few complaints are like mine, that this "upgrade" doesn't offer much in the way of improvements at all- some extra modulations and more built in soundpacks, neither of which is something worth me paying for...
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote:
lnikj wrote:
burkek wrote:I was considering purchasing Iris 2 - I don't have Iris 1 - but this thread has (kindly) convinced me not to and instead to wait for Alchemy 2. Thanks to all for the insight.

KEv
To be fair, the majority of the complaints are from us Iris 1 users not happy with the upgrade price/backwards compatibility with version 2. Both versions are still fantastic bits of software.
actually no, quite a few complaints are like mine, that this "upgrade" doesn't offer much in the way of improvements at all- some extra modulations and more built in soundpacks, neither of which is something worth me paying for...
OK. Fair enough. If the upgrade were free or $19.99 maybe the 'improvements' would be worth it?

All I wanted to point out to burkek was that it is not like we are talking about a complete t*rd here. I would be very happy to buy Iris 2 if I didn't own Iris 1, and all the sound banks, at the current JRRshop price.

lnikj wrote:
CrystalWizard wrote:
lnikj wrote:

KEv
OK. Fair enough. If the upgrade were free or $19.99 maybe the 'improvements' would be worth it?

All I wanted to point out to burkek was that it is not like we are talking about a complete t*rd here. I would be very happy to buy Iris 2 if I didn't own Iris 1, and all the sound banks, at the current JRRshop price.
I agree completely. I'll stick with v1 because it's a good tool. Not worth the upgrade, but if I didn't own it, v2 would be sweet.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

That's right. For someone who doesn't own Iris it might be an attractive package, for about 2.5 years at least, considering the improvements over time and with an Iris 3 breaking backwards compatibility...

Just wondering here guys, does Izotope offer free upgrades of their products sometimes, or they always make their customers pay for any type of upgrades? Just curious.

oh definitely i'd pay 20.00
but really i think it should be a free update

All I wanted to point out to burkek was that it is not like we are talking about a complete t*rd here. I would be very happy to buy Iris 2 if I didn't own Iris 1, and all the sound banks, at the current JRRshop price.[/quote]

yeah i would agree with that, it's not a complete turd.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Neon Breath wrote:Just wondering here guys, does Izotope offer free upgrades of their products sometimes, or they always make their customers pay for any type of upgrades? Just curious.
Well, Alloy keeps pestering me to upgrade to 2.02. How old is it now?

Basically then, not for any that I own, no.

@TabSel - Fair point. Just there are unlikely to be very many "improvements over time".

Neon Breath wrote:Just wondering here guys, does Izotope offer free upgrades of their products sometimes, or they always make their customers pay for any type of upgrades? Just curious.
Are you joking? Free upgrades? Never.

Return to “Instruments”