Casio CZ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VirtualCZ

Love how this looks graphically, particularly the envelopes, which looks more or less how I've been wanting them to look like and work.

It will remain to see how accurately they've modelled the CZ - I'd expect it to be a good implementation of the CZ's phase modelling, but whether they've gone to the attention to detail that Oli did in recreating the compansion and chorusing etc remains to be seen.

Much as I don't personally find the iPad that useful a serious musical instrument, it certainly looks a fun tool... Really surprised Casio have done this, it looked like they'd forgotten their CZ days for years...

VirtualCZ is on sale for 30% off this weekend - http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/4 ... -VirtualCZ

layzer wrote:+1 PlasiCZ, when i want PD thats the one i load up! with my own custom skin!

:x
haha love that.
erm(adjust specs) but wouldn't that be iPD for the VZs?
(...edited out waffle...)
to summarize: the cz went first because it was more limited in the range of
sounds you could get out of it - in fact, they are very different. the cz is ('warm'),
and the vz is about the most crystalline 'tine' you can get in the synth world that
i've heard, bar none. and it is also the source of 'toi toi', one of the best ever
synth presets, which the cz can't do. or the tx.(oops waffle mode)

pdxindy wrote:
beely wrote:
Any chance of a "Moduration" wheel on VCZ..? lol
That is a special new modulator that adjusts how long things last... it is super cool!
:lol:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Casio's CZ iPad app is out: http://world.casio.com/emi/app/en/cz/

I'm a little disappointed it no longer has a a moduration wheel ;-)

Heh, yeah saw that. :)

hibrasil wrote:Casio's CZ iPad app is out: http://world.casio.com/emi/app/en/cz/

I'm a little disappointed it no longer has a a moduration wheel ;-)
It's a pity... that "moduration" wheel was a funny unexpected find.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

How's the new app compare with VCZ? I still haven't taken VCZ to its potential but I'd love a companion app of sorts to doodle with during the commute.

analoguesque wrote:to this day have never found anything like it except another CZ synth.
I'm using VirtualCZ for the CZ-1 simulation and Kasio for the simpler CZ-101 sound. Both are really nice sounding, but I got the best result processing the synth using the FZ-1 preset in Decimort 2. Something is alive now, with the gritty sounding vintage DAC sound.
hibrasil wrote:VirtualCZ is on sale
Another cheaper way is to get the Retro 80's Bundle, which include an expansion, a gritty vintage drum machine and some samples for a lower price than the synth alone.
dumbledog wrote:How's the new app compare with VCZ?
I'd like to know about that too, but so far the VCZ is everything I need for a CZ simulation.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

VCZ still doesn't get the envelopes quite right - there was some talk about improving this, but it seems that no further development has been done, which is a shame. I'd love to see graphical envelopes too, as I find the way the envelope editing has been implemented on VCZ to be rather awkward to use - this is much better on the CZ app, but there's no way of using this as a front end and exporting the patches to something else.

I have VCZ and the CZ app, but I recently sold my CZ-1 (slightly sadly) as I needed the space. VCZ is as good enough substitute for my needs, and is obviously a lot more convenient to use in a DAW.

beely wrote:it seems that no further development has been done
It has so many potential for further development, especially a DAC simulation for a more hardware like experience. Perhaps selectable between clean and original. It's not the same as using a plugin. An additional of quality fxs and arpegiator also going to be a welcome edition.

But it's great to hear that it's good enough for many CZ-1 users. Hopefully I can say the same about a VST simulating the D-50 or TG77 which are my favorites. Hopefully an authentic simulation combined with modern features will be exist one day. I'm dreaming of a vintage hybrid character, with modern samples, oscs and fxs. Hell, I'm in the mood for a VCZ combined with gritty samples like those vintage hybrid synths :idea:
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Return to “Instruments”