Roland plug-outs - can they also be bought as native plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sendy wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
Sendy wrote:Just a word of warning. I picked this up only to find out that in their literature "Tested on Cubase 7.5" means WILL NOT WORK in Cubase 6.5.

So effectively I've thrown away 100 quid on a plugin I can't use unless I upgrade my Cubase. Which I do not want to do. And they won't give me a refund even though I haven't been able to register (or run) the plugin.

This will be the last time I consider buying anything from Roland, as I've bought hundreds of audio plugins and never had an issue like this. I feel duped, to be honest.
Are you sure it is not an install error, I have it working with Cubase 7(not 7.5), it is a VST3 plugin btw...or do you know for a fact it doesn't work - just suprised at that it could fail with one earlier version than mine...

Is it not working or not showing?
It is showing in Cubase, but when I click it to instantiate it, Cubase crashes. This is something I've *never* seen before in my life of a Plugins Muggins.
Not exactly sure what you mean by 'instantiate', do you mean 'initiate'? i.e. you click on the 'keys' logo to bring up up VST UI? If you could explain more a little it may help, anyway, (In preferences)Try setting up Cubase so it auto asigns a plugin when selected from VSTinstruments to it's own midi channel and UI automatically shows, this may work - I had this crashing problem once with another VSTEditor(A non VST3 mind) and it was the solution - been using that method ever since...however....

As the other guy said, does 6.5 support VST 3.6 plugins, I'd look further into that, as I am only using Cubase 7 with no such problems...this may be the possible cause.

However if it were myself, I'd probably bite the bullet and uprgade - though I hope you can get it working before that, good luck....Cubase 7.X(not 7.5 user)...

iDesignSound wrote:Their activation does suck. I've been using the SH-101 and SH-2 without problems since release, but today I noticed the sound dropping out every few seconds. Opened the activator and it said my licenses had expired. Had to go through the whole activation process again. Only took a few minutes and it all worked out okay but it's still annoying.
I had this last weekend with the SH-101. sound dropping out to a lower volume - I thought it was a bug, only to find the trial had expired???? Yet I had activated it already a couple of months back...

@ Sendy,

I would also suggest to download the Cubase 7.5 month long demo to see if it works with that version on your PC...

Since when Roland started to support Yamaha? Parallel universe? :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

breakmixer wrote:Not exactly sure what you mean by 'instantiate', do you mean 'initiate'?
To instantiate is to create a new instance, a new "specimen", meaning to create a new copy in a new track of the DAW for example.

When you use five copies of the synth "XYZ" in your song, you have instantiated it five times, each one in a different track of your DAW.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
breakmixer wrote:Not exactly sure what you mean by 'instantiate', do you mean 'initiate'?
To instantiate is to create a new instance, a new "specimen", meaning to create a new copy in a new track of the DAW for example.

When you use five copies of the synth "XYZ" in your song, you have instantiated it five times, each one in a different track of your DAW.
:D
Thank you Professor. :wink:

nmnmnmn

Just a bump/update to say that after a bit of emailing Roland seem to have agreed to refund me.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Just a bump/update to say that after a bit of emailing Roland seem to have agreed to refund me.
Good news, that was good of Roland.

Hopefully they will update the software at some stage. The GUI could do with improvement... think Korg Legacy Collection.

Hemmick Reef wrote:
Sendy wrote:Just a bump/update to say that after a bit of emailing Roland seem to have agreed to refund me.

Hopefully they will update the software at some stage. The GUI could do with improvement... think Korg Legacy Collection.
Indeed. And I still don't understand why the compatibility issues are so arbitrary. They need to fix that. Then I can re-buy it :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Hemmick Reef wrote:

What's wrong with the GUI? I think it's fine.

iDesignSound wrote:
Hemmick Reef wrote:

What's wrong with the GUI? I think it's fine.
I actually meant that the KLC has a great design with the easy to use edit screen.

The source selectors are a bit small and the text is hard to read with the SH-2. Also when you select a patch it locks the rest of the screen out until it's deselected.

But I can live with all of these niggles as it sounds so good :)

Return to “Instruments”