64bit OS X , When?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's ugly, but happens with all kinds of companies, manufacturers, developers... I don't care what the reasons are. If that shizzle happens to me, I go on, because very often you cannot change the situation anyway. I think it's more sad, that people still can get upset, after years of no communication no updates etc ;) Don't stick to problems, you cannot solve. Choose another solution.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

deft_bonz wrote:It's ugly, but happens with all kinds of companies, manufacturers, developers... I don't care what the reasons are. If that shizzle happens to me, I go on, because very often you cannot change the situation anyway. I think it's more sad, that people still can get upset, after years of no communication no updates etc ;) Don't stick to problems, you cannot solve. Choose another solution.
True. But I believe there are 2 types of people; those who learn from feedback and those who don't. Unfortunately, Lennar is somebody of the second type.

But there are people who learn from feedback. If we go on and search for another solution, we forget to give feedback to people who want to learn. And that's a pity. Because we don't give people the chance to grow. Lennar refuses to grow, that's another story.

I learned my lesson, I bought Sylenth1 in the past but won't buy future products from this company, I found other companies which are open to feedback. And there are even companies that don't need feedback to know communication is important, it's part of their service. :)

manducator wrote: True. But I believe there are 2 types of people; those who learn from feedback and those who don't. Unfortunately, Lennar is somebody of the second type.

But there are people who learn from feedback. If we go on and search for another solution, we forget to give feedback to people who want to learn. And that's a pity. Because we don't give people the chance to grow. Lennar refuses to grow, that's another story.

I learned my lesson, I bought Sylenth1 in the past but won't buy future products from this company, I found other companies which are open to feedback. And there are even companies that don't need feedback to know communication is important, it's part of their service. :)
Absolutely. I also believe in feedbacks helping you getting better.

PS: But I don't expect others to live the same dream :D

Sylenth1 64 bit AU sounds more like "urban legend" than something real, after all these years (2008: nothing. 2009: nothing. 2010: nothing. 2011: nothing. 2012: nothing. 2013: nothing. 2014: nothing). The fact now they even sell the "32lives+Sylenth1" bundle probably means it won't ever come out, at least in this current form. Maybe Sylenth2, who knows... (after all Sylenth1 "resurrected" via 32lives works pretty well in Logic X, just as if it was 64 bit natively). So: "64 bit OS X, when?" Diplomatic LD (ultrarare) posts, since 2008: "some months". Specifically: "76 months" or so :hihi: :)

I have to say I was unnerved about their apparent excitement regarding 32lives.

mhog wrote:Sylenth1 64 bit AU sounds more like "urban legend" than something real, after all these years (2008: nothing. 2009: nothing. 2010: nothing. 2011: nothing. 2012: nothing. 2013: nothing. 2014: nothing). The fact now they even sell the "32lives+Sylenth1" bundle probably means it won't ever come out, at least in this current form. Maybe Sylenth2, who knows... (after all Sylenth1 "resurrected" via 32lives works pretty well in Logic X, just as if it was 64 bit natively). So: "64 bit OS X, when?" Diplomatic LD (ultrarare) posts, since 2008: "some months". Specifically: "76 months" or so :hihi: :)
not exact: 2012 Windows 8 fix!

we will see what happends, we can change a thing about it.
Lenovo IdeaPad U330p Win8.1 Pro x64 | Ableton Suite 9.1.5 x32 | Some Synths

hyperconnectedspace wrote:
mhog wrote:Sylenth1 64 bit AU sounds more like "urban legend" than something real, after all these years (2008: nothing. 2009: nothing. 2010: nothing. 2011: nothing. 2012: nothing. 2013: nothing. 2014: nothing). The fact now they even sell the "32lives+Sylenth1" bundle probably means it won't ever come out, at least in this current form. Maybe Sylenth2, who knows... (after all Sylenth1 "resurrected" via 32lives works pretty well in Logic X, just as if it was 64 bit natively). So: "64 bit OS X, when?" Diplomatic LD (ultrarare) posts, since 2008: "some months". Specifically: "76 months" or so :hihi: :)
not exact: 2012 Windows 8 fix!

we will see what happends, we can change a thing about it.
"Lennardigital" is just one single product called "Sylenth1". If they could not even port Sylenth1 to 64 bit AU in more than 6 years, it means they are happy with that. Again: the "32lives+Sylenth1" works well enough, so I would not be under illusions. They first repeatedly claimed: "some months" at least once or twice a year, then "first semester 2013", then again "first semester 2014", now they are promising "within the end of the year". Seems the moon landing was less complex than this upgrade :dog: :D

My guess: "Sylenth2" (64bit) free for the bundle owners. Discounted for the others.

Yes, Sylenth 1 64 bit is more complex than the moon landing because Lennard is not working on it. That is the only assumption I can make for such a long development time from (in my opinion) a brilliant DSP programmer. That is the answer I am creating for myself in the absence of any notification from Lennard. He may have a day job that takes his time and energy like his gig at Phillips electronics as a DSP programmer before Sylenth1.

Or as one of the other voices in my head says,"He's hold up in a bunker creating a whole cadre of LennarDigital products to be released when completed."

There still is as of today, nothing that sounds as good as Sylenth 1 and I can use it in logic easily using Vienna Ensemble Pro 5

Lennard (Nikola Tesla) Addink: Carry on! :tu: :party: :party: :clap: :hihi:

C-note wrote: He may have a day job that takes his time and energy like his gig at Phillips electronics as a DSP programmer before Sylenth1.
I strongly suspect that that is so. I remember Ruben posting here that the lack of development was also due to the amount of warezed copies of Sylenth. Really sad to read stuff like that, it's such a popular plugin, which obviously features more cracked copies, than valid ones.

chk071 wrote:
C-note wrote: He may have a day job that takes his time and energy like his gig at Phillips electronics as a DSP programmer before Sylenth1.
I strongly suspect that that is so. I remember Ruben posting here that the lack of development was also due to the amount of warezed copies of Sylenth. Really sad to read stuff like that, it's such a popular plugin, which obviously features more cracked copies, than valid ones.
It's rather sad, even because I paid the same price for my OSX license four or five years ago, and the 64 bit version was already there for Windows. I just thought "it's a question of months"... :oops: :lol: Besides, I guess most of the cracked copies are for pc. So, I don't think it's because of the warezed copies. I guess it's more for lack of interest + not enough profit + no time + you can manage with 32lives. It works well, no big issues. I bought it (long before the "bundle") in order to play it in LogicX. PC owners are luckier (end of the story). I may be proved wrong, of course (but I doubt :? )

Three weeks and it will be here!

C'mon now guys...the year is almost up.

Even major DAW's have moved on. Bridging is a pathetic excuse and waste of cpu cycles...
< nobody cares what you use >

quantize wrote:C'mon now guys...the year is almost up.

Even major DAW's have moved on. Bridging is a pathetic excuse and waste of cpu cycles...

Amen. And that's me saying that waited for years to jump on the 64 bit ship :roll: :hihi:

And you'll still have people in 10 years still whining why developer won't compile for XP anymore :D :D :D

Meh, I've moved on to Zebra about a year ago. Got tired of waiting, not to mention the sever lack of any reasonable communication.

any word on release?
i'm done with this soon
i have a lot of dead ableton instrument racks because no 64bit
going to loose years of patches but o well out with the old in with the new...

Return to “LennarDigital”