Complex Pitch analysis / automation

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, glad to be apart of this informative forum.

I have been trying for days to figure out a way to achieve a certain effect. I don't know of any Plugins that accomplish this completely and I haven't really found an effective work around... but here is what I am trying to do...

I would like to match one sound with another according to pitch but... not only by fundamental pitch/ harmonic, i.e. semitone, but also according to cents. In particular i would like to do this with a vocal and a synth so that the synth fallows the pitch of the vocal. Here is the kicker... I don't want to tune or pitch correct the vocal, I want it to stay exactly as it is, I just want the pitch shift of the synth to mirror it.

I have tried to find a way to analyze and write to automation the pitch of a wav file by setting the output of a Tuner to write automation but that didn't really work.

I think i might be conceptualizing a plugin that doesn't exists or at least an advanced function that melodyne doesn't quite do.

I hope I've been clear in what I'd like to achieve. Maybe such a plugin or process exists?

Thanks everyone!

There are automated tools to correct the pitch of vocals, like Autotune or Melodyne. But they are not automagical and need hand work on every note.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I am aware of these tools and have worked with them, but "correct the pitch of vocals" is not what I am trying to do. I want the vocal to stay exactly as it is and use the analysis of that vocal to modify the pitch of other signals for example a synth. So i think i need to be able to either copy or access the particular pitch deviance in cents as well as perhaps vibrato and formant and apply that to another signal exactly. So the two are effectively fused as one. I know that melodyne and other DAW's have audio to midi functionality but only render the midi to the nearest semitone.

Return to “Sound Design”