iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Doesn't look like it's working ;)

So, as a v1 user, seems like I better wait. This upgrade is not fair for a loyal v1 costumer.

Point 1
I think the short dialog between Simon and Loopy C hits the main point: we still cannot sync samples to the bpm. That's all.
Any single EQ/filters/fx per sample, new brushes, or any other features, nothing could count more than a proper "time stretch upgrade" for Iris.
And iZotope has the knowledge to make it already available.
Why still using Radius then? Why asking so much money for the same core then?
So, why should we spend more money in it?
More modulations is ok, but not enough for an existing costumer.

Point 2
If v2 had been fully compatible with v1, I could give it a chance, but I consider this as a major issue, much bigger than all the improvements.
Dear iZotope,
I must, I want to use (e.g. "work with") all my beloved Simon's patches, Luftrum's ones, and the 100+ I made myself, without a single problem in version 2.
Understand this iZotope?

Seems like lately, in a way... iZotope does not really takes care for the value of the investments its clients have "already" done in their products.
They make me feel like they blindly consider their costumers will spend more and more, without even "thinking" before, just to follow the brand.

Loving a plugin does not mean we don't see there are many others out there that can do a great job as well (Alchemy and Padshop Pro, were not named in this thread casually by so many of us).

I love the concept of Iris, the idea to "find music in everything" is excellent, but... seems like iZotope forgot it, or... maybe they just forgot their loyal enthusiastic costumers.
Last edited by matteogk on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

"Chock-full of 24-bit .WAV files for use in any sampler, the sample library includes reorganized and remastered samples from the original Iris+8 library, as well as 3 GB of brand new samples for Iris 2."

Do I need to keep 2 libraries one for Iris 1 and 2 given its not compatible

I have to download all the library again? that makes it worth $149 upgrade

I as a loyal customer bought libraries for Iris 1 now its included and I still must pay $149 or $99 quickly?

A new customer gets it all for $199 which is overpriced in my opinion and as a loyal customer which has bought other products from iZotope, if i don't buy this now I need to pay $149 for some filters and modulation

Obviously iZotope have brain dead managers intent on ruining the company and don't give a @%$# about its customers.

Isis and its spectral mangling concept has probably hurt Camel Audio, leaving Alchemy a bit behind in the spectral race with its spectral resynthesis a bit tricky and clumsy to use and its basic incomplete tools. Now with so many Iris unsatisfied customers I really hope Camel Audio is going to take advantage of this situation, retaliate back with a solid and strong Alchemy 2 spectral reworked set of tools and snatch a bunch of customers interested into this type of synths. Competition is good... For us! :P

How is Iris 2 compared to Iris 1? I never got into Iris 1 and felt that I wasted my money since I couldn't find even 1 project to use it with in 2 years.

Neon Breath wrote:Isis and its spectral mangling concept has probably hurt Camel Audio, leaving Alchemy a bit behind in the spectral race with its spectral resynthesis a bit tricky and clumsy to use and its basic incomplete tools. Now with so many Iris unsatisfied customers I really hope Camel Audio is going to take advantage of this situation, retaliate back with a solid and strong Alchemy 2 spectral reworked set of tools and snatch a bunch of customers interested into this type of synths. Competition is good... For us! :P
I don't buy it (no pun intended)

I don't think camel was just looking for an excuse to "finally" start developing their product further. Nothing against camel, but I just don't remember in the last few years seeing a slew of camel updates.

As for competition, I can't say I agree here either. Most software with very few exceptions have many problems that are either not addressed or are not important due to smugness.

I'll say again, I do not see the point in this. Izotope was one of "those" companies that people thought made really solid products. Some people will complain about upgrade prices but most people will cave if there is anything there. I don't see any reason to upgrade the current product OR entice new customers.

Neon Breath wrote:Isis and its spectral mangling concept
Are you talking about those long-bearded idiots who like to chop off heads and stuff? They sure have a mangling concept...

Hahaha Nice one :lol:

Damn auto-correct!

Neon Breath wrote:Hahaha Nice one :lol:

Damn auto-correct!
It's no laughing matter. They had to kill off the dog in a popular UK TV show because it was called 'Isis'. :D

Always thought it was an egyptian goddess myself. I have two backup drives, one white and one black, called Isis and Osiris.

Back on topic, I have just sent off a long whinge to Izotope which will serve no purpose whatsoever other than to make me feel better.

lnikj wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Hahaha Nice one :lol:

Damn auto-correct!
It's no laughing matter. They had to kill off the dog in a popular UK TV show because it was called 'Isis'. :D
OMG :D

Wait a minute.........iris is now isis?

hibidy wrote:Wait a minute.........iris is now isis?
Yes, it's a new spectral chopper shipped with 11 GB of dead disbelievers.

GAK!

I value money to the point that IF the new version had something to offer me other than 11GB's of sounds, it could possibly be enticing. But for people that spent good money on your sounds and other soundbanks, I can easily see what's ailing them.

hibidy wrote:GAK!

I value money to the point that IF the new version had something to offer me other than 11GB's of sounds, it could possibly be enticing. But for people that spent good money on your sounds and other soundbanks, I can easily see what's ailing them.
Especially when you have already purchased 8gbs of them.

Note to self - must stop whinging now!

Return to “Instruments”