BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

ZXOxo67 wrote:Hi Oleg,
the new settingspage ist a good idea. there is much space for things and it looks nice.
sometimes i have a strange issue with the velocitypage, intruduced in v2.07
Can you reproduce it? i use fl 11.1.1
Yes, I can, thanks for report. I messed up something when intriducing this feature. Actually I'm not happy with the way it works now - too tricky. This setting is global (stored in INI file). Maybe batter to make it stored with bank\project?
Update: Fixed in v2.09
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phreaque wrote:Hello Oleg,
Thanks a lot for this update... :)
Till this moment, the skin issue still exists.. The BlueARP can't memorize the selected skin, it always recalls the default blue skin.
Giving a test for the new (output wrapping function) it is so great... Well done indeed :)
Which host\OS? Please describe in more details. I just tested in FL11\Win7 and Reaper\OSX - no issue, it works.
PS. Skin is stored in bluearp.ini file, should be related to some permissions. While upgrading to new version, did you copy bluearp.ini also? If you copied only bluearp.dll, this may be the case.

I've just upgraded to the latest version and indeed it works in FL11 (32bit) - no skin recall issue ;)
Last edited by idfpower on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

graywolf2004 wrote:Which host\OS? Please describe in more details. I just tested in FL11\Win7 and Reaper\OSX - no issue, it works.
PS. Skin is stored in bluearp.ini file, should be related to some permissions. While upgrading to new version, did you copy bluearp.ini also? If you copied only bluearp.dll, this may be the case.
Hello dear Oleg,

Win7, FL Studio 10
Yes I messed up with .ini file as well as the .dll file itself.. Why, because I rename them to avoid duplicated names in FL Studio plugin list. I still use teh old stable version v1.53b. So the new versoin (v.2.08) I rename them as:
BlueARP_.dll
BlueARP_.ini
Now I solved it... I just left the name of (.ini) intact and now the BlueARP 2.08 is recalling the desired chosen skin. :) :tu:

Hi Oleg,
To store the settings for the velocity in the mainsetting is ok. For me is no need in the programsettings. I use always finevelocity. What say other users about this?
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

Hi Oleg,

I've just recently started using REAPER 64 bit rather than the 32 bit version and some of the random crashes I was experiencing with REAPER and BlueARP (Win8) here have now stopped which is great. Things now seem to be rock solid again with BlueARP.

However, I have just noticed something odd. BlueARP doesn't sync to the start of each bar. Instead, when I hit play on REAPER, BlueARP starts on the second beat of the bar. In other words, when the REAPER playhead is on the second beat, the BlueARP is on beat one. It starts one beat after I hit play.

I don't remember seeing this before but I tried again in REAPER 32 bit and get the same behaviour. I was using BlueARP 2.04 but just updated to 2.08 and have the same issue.

Other arpeggiators and step sequencers seem to be OK (Nora and Sequencer Megababy work OK).

Perhaps there's a BlueARP setting I am missing somewhere.

Hi Oleg,

Loving Blue Arp! Coming to grips with it all, and am using it in FL much as you do in your videos, except I'm not doing it all live. A few questions strike me though, if you dont mind :)

a) I've setup a 'Chain' of different patterns, all good. I'd like the chain to begin at the bar where its input notes in the piano roll begin, however it starts at 'program 1' in the program sequence as soon as the song starts playing. Therefore it's halfway through the chain when the midi notes start for it. I tried the 'Restart On - Key' option but this seems only to restart the current program, not the whole chain. How might I get it to start on its midi input?

b) The 'Order algorithm => as played' option is very cool for rearranging arps. When setting it up in the piano roll though, this is of course a bit hard. What's the recommended way to use an arbitrary order of notes? I was thinking I could edit the velocity just slightly for each then use the 'velocity' order, but thought there may be another way.

c) I think this may just be a reality of VST's in general, but I have a song I did with an older version of BlueArp. I've since updated it to the latest, and now when I try to load that song FL crashes. In some cases it says there's a problem reading parameters - so I assume as more params got added in later versions, it becomes incompatible. Renaming the .dll of the new one to 'new' didn't change the name in the host, so having both at once doesn't seem possible. Is there any way to fix it by specifying versions for example?

Many thanks!

Mark

glinkot wrote: c) I think this may just be a reality of VST's in general, but I have a song I did with an older version of BlueArp. I've since updated it to the latest, and now when I try to load that song FL crashes. In some cases it says there's a problem reading parameters - so I assume as more params got added in later versions, it becomes incompatible. Renaming the .dll of the new one to 'new' didn't change the name in the host, so having both at once doesn't seem possible. Is there any way to fix it by specifying versions for example?

Many thanks!

Mark
Hello Mark,

Regarding this point, it happened with me also as I'm FL Studio user, all you have to do:

is to open the older stable version of BlueARP (1.53B), call up the presets (.fst) you made by yourself either manually or within specific .flp project.
Save them as .fxp format.
Then load up the new version of BlueARP 2.08, load the newly created .fxp, now save them as .fst if you want..

Make sure before all that to create separated folders for each BlueARP versions.
Also do the same for their (FL Studio Wrapper) plugin preset folders.. And never mix up between the .fst of each version.

where to get the OS X Beta?

Suloo wrote:where to get the OS X Beta?
The link is where it's supposed to be: in the OP's first post on p.1.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

graywolf2004 wrote:
Current version (win32 VST dll) is available here (updated):
http://www.graywolf2004.net/my-projects ... peggiator/

ok, this left the impression, that only the win32 VST is available on that link.

But thx, will check it out soon.

Suloo wrote:
graywolf2004 wrote: Current version (win32 VST dll) is available here (updated):
http://www.graywolf2004.net/my-projects ... peggiator/
ok, this left the impression, that only the win32 VST is available on that link.
But thx, will check it out soon.

Thx for tip, I corrected the initial message.

All Now working on bugfixes, will respond to new messages later this weekend.

In the latest OS X Beta, the GUI is frequently disappearing. Is there a list with known issues somewhere? So i won`t report stuff twice?

OS X 10.9.5
Bitwig 1.1.1 RC1

AusDisciple wrote:Hi Oleg,

I've just recently started using REAPER 64 bit rather than the 32 bit version and some of the random crashes I was experiencing with REAPER and BlueARP (Win8) here have now stopped which is great. Things now seem to be rock solid again with BlueARP.

However, I have just noticed something odd. BlueARP doesn't sync to the start of each bar. Instead, when I hit play on REAPER, BlueARP starts on the second beat of the bar. In other words, when the REAPER playhead is on the second beat, the BlueARP is on beat one. It starts one beat after I hit play.

I don't remember seeing this before but I tried again in REAPER 32 bit and get the same behaviour. I was using BlueARP 2.04 but just updated to 2.08 and have the same issue.

Other arpeggiators and step sequencers seem to be OK (Nora and Sequencer Megababy work OK).

Perhaps there's a BlueARP setting I am missing somewhere.
I think I reproduced it. Just to be sure it's the same thing - can you check info panel below - what "Beat" value shows while bluearp freezes at the start of the bar? Mine goes negative (-0.95, etc.) - I think this is the reason, I didn't expect any host to report negative PPQ value.
Update: I found it - it was my bug, REAPER reports PPQ correctly, starting from 0. Fixed in v2.09.
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suloo wrote:In the latest OS X Beta, the GUI is frequently disappearing. Is there a list with known issues somewhere? So i won`t report stuff twice?

OS X 10.9.5
Bitwig 1.1.1 RC1
It's a known issue, but I think I fixed it :(
Did you notice any pattern to it?

Return to “Instruments”