Layered MIDI and Audio recording (+Comping)

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Big +1 for comping / auto track add on loop (into a folder)

This is the only feature holding me back from recommending BW to my collegues at the studio I work at (who work with artists constantly).

askewd wrote:Big +1 for comping / auto track add on loop (into a folder)

This is the only feature holding me back from recommending BW to my collegues at the studio I work at (who work with artists constantly).
"Auto track add on loop into a folder" would be so nice for recording mono synths or other one voice sources.

+1
Has to be included in v. 1.2 since it's so natural to have it part of the upcoming features of tracks grouping and folding (Announced for 1.2).

+ 1, would love this feature as well.

I'd like to see this ASAP, too. Currently it's really tedious.

+1
Comping + Melodyne integration :-)

Only feature stoping me drop cubase 8 all together....
my main fr
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It's a must have! I don t know how it could be implemented but it would be cool to have comping also when recording a clip in the clip launcher

tbh, moving the clips looprange around works just as fast and tidier to me.

PHY6 wrote:tbh, moving the clips looprange around works just as fast and tidier to me.
How do you mean that will help me if I want to record the same take multiple times and afterwards pick and choose?

Let's say you record in a 2 bar loop.
Record say 4 times that loop.
now when you move the colored bar above your audio/midi 2 bars back, you have the previous take. Again 2 bars and there's the second take...etc.
Not at my computer now, so this is out of my head... Only using BW for 1 week...so....
If you still don't get it I might make a screen capture.

PHY6 wrote:now when you move the colored bar above your audio/midi 2 bars back, you have the previous take. Again 2 bars and there's the second take...etc.
That works if you just want to choose an entire take as the final result (though it's still somewhat tedious to audition all the takes), but not for compositing together (comping) the best sections from each take. For real audio recording takes and voice-over / dialogue editing, this is essential. I can't believe Live still doesn't have this, but you can work around it through some temp tracks and keyboard mapping to make soloing/auditioning at least quick, while doing some slip edits. Logic and Reason have excellent proper comping, but I'm sure BWS will eventually.

+1 for comping. :)

I used this all the time in Logic. Just record a basic synth sequence and go wild with the knobs on the synth while recording a basic 2 bar loop. Then go wild with the comping so you get these chopped up sounds, it's great! Would love to do this bigwig style!

+1 :)

De Baard wrote:I used this all the time in Logic. Just record a basic synth sequence and go wild with the knobs on the synth while recording a basic 2 bar loop. Then go wild with the comping so you get these chopped up sounds, it's great! Would love to do this bigwig style!

+1 :)
That's a great idea - I've never comped together automation/envelope takes!

yes +1 over here I would most def use that if it existed! i just create extra audio tracks and have the comp takes sit on those, would be neater to have it in a single track tho. :)

Return to “Bitwig”