Steinberg: WORST Product Purchase Experience ever!(Bad case of user error!)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
sys2074 wrote: Just why don't they provide a friggin' purchase FULL version option on their site??!
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_pr ... se-75.html

Do you see where it says "Cubase 7.5 Full version"? It's the highlighted default option... although i guess it could be country dependent. If there is no shipping to your country, you might only get the upgrade options (although i wonder why that would be the case in a country like Japan). But then, choosing these without owning a valid license is kind of careless.
Obviously that's the case then as there is no Full version listed for me.

I know it was carless on my side. But bear with me here! This wasn't the first time recently that I got screwed by dongle-protected audio software purchases recently. So naturally I'm pissed off. The company just got my bucks and I got nothing thanks to their great support and care. not. The policies of companies that sell like this feel like driving away in a car while holding a sign out the window at me with "Asshole!" written on it and at the same time a cloud burst appears over only my head.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

maschinelf wrote:The option to buy the full version boxed from the steinberg website is greyed out here. Maybe its similar in Japan. Though its still pretty clear that an upgrade is an upgrade, so can't really blame steinberg for this.
It's not even greyed out here. The option isn't there at all. See former post screenshot.
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

Order Cancellation
I wish to cancel my order - what do I need to do?

If you wish to cancel an order you can do so, provided that you cancel your order within the given time frame for the Right of Withdrawal/Revocation.

For more details please check the "Right of Revocation/Withdrawal" section of the shopping cart for the store from which you have purchased or wish to purchase software.

You can then submit your request via the "Contact" section of this page. What we will need is your customer number, order number, email address under which you have placed your order, plus a short note explaining why you wish to cancel.

Our Customer Service team will then take the necessary steps to assist you.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

sys2074 wrote:
maschinelf wrote:The option to buy the full version boxed from the steinberg website is greyed out here. Maybe its similar in Japan. Though its still pretty clear that an upgrade is an upgrade, so can't really blame steinberg for this.
It's not even greyed out here. The option isn't there at all. See former post screenshot.
Hmm, if you back up one page, what does it say?

sys2074 wrote:................... This wasn't the first time recently that I got screwed by dongle-protected audio software purchases recently. So naturally I'm pissed off. The company just got my bucks and I got nothing thanks to their great support and care. not. The policies of companies that sell like this feel like driving away in a car while holding a sign out the window at me with "Asshole!" written on it and at the same time a cloud burst appears over only my head.
Pray tell what does cubase being dongled (red meat here in kvr) have anything to do with this transaction? Even if it wasn't dongled and you, bought the wrong product, when it clearly is logically obviously the wrong product, the same thing would have happened.

Steinberg, like some other companies, only sell upgrades online for some of their products in countries they have distributors...... Japan is probably one of those markets, and you will need to buy it from a retail store. Steinberg, or dongled software companies aren't unique in that.

You didn't get screwed, you screwed yourself. My issue is that even though you changed the subject title, you are still blaming Steinberg, when the blame is solely on you.

I am sure come next week you can contact Steinberg and they will reimburse you. It is after all weekend in Japan too I am sure.

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sound sculptist

sys2074 wrote:
chk071 wrote:
sys2074 wrote: Just why don't they provide a friggin' purchase FULL version option on their site??!
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_pr ... se-75.html

Do you see where it says "Cubase 7.5 Full version"? It's the highlighted default option... although i guess it could be country dependent. If there is no shipping to your country, you might only get the upgrade options (although i wonder why that would be the case in a country like Japan). But then, choosing these without owning a valid license is kind of careless.
Obviously that's the case then as there is no Full version listed for me.

I know it was carless on my side. But bear with me here! This wasn't the first time recently that I got screwed by dongle-protected audio software purchases recently. So naturally I'm pissed off. The company just got my bucks and I got nothing thanks to their great support and care. not. The policies of companies that sell like this feel like driving away in a car while holding a sign out the window at me with "Asshole!" written on it and at the same time a cloud burst appears over only my head.

From the screenshot you provided, 'Cubase 7.5 UPDATE' was selected on the screen before that one, thus there is no FULL version listed in selection options; Obviously they wouldn't list the Full version when one chooses to see only the Update options. :dog:

Actually, How did you end up on that page? can you provide the path you took to get there? I know they used to have an upgrade-only page, but I can't even find that anymore!

Well, umm .... yea exactly. Take a closer look at the screenshot. Apparently you didn't notice that it's clearly greyed out there. Same way you didn't notice what you were buying when you purchased an "upgrade". Seems clear what the problem is here.

Have you tried Reaper?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:Have you tried Reaper?
:lol:

Hm, it could really be that you accidentally landed on the upgrade path only page. Check if you navigate this way: Shop -> Software -> Cubase -> Cubase 7.5. Then all buy options should be listed. I really can't imagine that this option wouldn't be available in Japan! Also the option "I want to buy the product in a box" should be selected as you need to have the dongle.

Tried the same thing here. Shop -> Software -> Cubase -> Cubase 7.5. The result is same with the states from sys2074. It looks like no full options are available in Japan. Although it is clearly stated that "Update from Cubase 4/5", I feel this is slightly careless for Japanese people or beginner buyers. Steinberg should mention that we have to buy the boxed version to avoid this type of problems.
According to the Steinberg shop, you can still get official Japanese support from Yamaha if you buy it at Steinberg Online Shop.
http://japan.steinberg.net/jp/shop/list.html
(see the bottom section "サポート / サービスについて")
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

What about this page? http://www.steinberg.net/jp/shop/buy_pr ... se-75.html I don't know if they use location stuff, but it clearly shows "Cubase 7.5 Full Version" for me. There's only one option for the shipping also, should be "Get the product in a box" or similar: "選択できません"

The SAME picture that you posted says from Cubase 4 or Cubase 5
Do you own either of these? No.

So SURELY that should suggest that you are ineligible for the upgrade!
Well it would to me. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

So many angles to take, lemme try to take the path of least resistance. The thread already says bad case of user error which to me should indicate kinda calling off the hounds. To the naked eye, this may look like a wtf moment, but what yudaidhun says puts a shadow of a doubt on simply making an error.

At any rate, I really hope it gets worked out. But yes, in the future "upgrade" means that you need a copy of the product first.

Well "bad case of user error" has now been added to the thread title it seems.

It was not there originally.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

You are correct. Just wanted to point it out.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”