iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

These are the comments they want to hear and which are promoted prominently:
Nice work folks! I found rev1 a little funky; and all the updates for v2 are exactly what I wanted to actually USE the program. Musical, and exploratory. Just got it, downloaded, will not have time to play with until Thanksgiving long weekend, but looks brilliant! Sonicstate video helped close the deal on the upgrade for me, too.
So please refrain from any ranting from now on and give us some of that! We can do it, yes we can.

Sampleconstruct wrote:We can do it, yes we can.
Too much Bob the Builder! Get some sleep... :D
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Luftrum wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:We can do it, yes we can.
Too much Bob the Builder! Get some sleep... :D
Why do I get the impression you are biased somehow, usually not your style, is it? :D

So, for anybody wanting a quick summary of today's revelations:

1. From Brad (Product Manager) via Luftrum, they are working 'all weekend' on preset compatibility (after several outright denials that it is possible). However, if you have been reading about Simon's experiments carefully, there appear to be some considerable obstacles here.

2. From SliC, that only the new 3gb of samples has associated patches. The rest of the contents of the eight libraries has just been dumped in (sorry, "reorganised and remastered" according to the website). See (1) for the reason why.

3. That negative feedback aka 'legitimate warnings to the incautious' is being censored on their Facebook page. Again, see (1).

IRIS 1 cost me $109.40USD from JRRShop.
IRIS 2 Upgrade cost me $87.99 from AudioDeluxe.

IRIS 2 currently costs $199.00 which is due to rise to $299.00.

In European Currency, the Upgrade from IRIS1 to IRIS2 direct from iZotope would have cost me €99.97 (VAT 23.0%:)

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure I made the right decision. I have IRIS 1 and 2 for less than the current sale price of IRIS 2. Not bad at all. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Luftrum wrote:It's not that difficult, just two different independent products.
Over and out... :)

Luftrum
, incidentally, really hoping here that you succeed in converting or somehow updating your L10 soundbank for Iris 2 in due time.

Right now, at the JRRShop Blowout Page: iZotope Iris 2 Upgrade from Iris 1 = $83.99

Aloysius wrote:Right now, at the JRRShop Blowout Page: iZotope Iris 2 Upgrade from Iris 1 = $83.99
OK I've gone for it - considerably less than Izotope are charging

Aloysius wrote:
matteogk wrote:Plan it for another 2.5 years investment only...
You may only plan to use factory patches, remember.
Then, good luck with Iris 3.
I am unable to see into the future, so I have to base my decisions on what is in front of me. I'm planning on right now investment. ;)
You may not be able to see into the future, but have a look into the past. The way that iZotope have treated their customers. Not just with Iris, but with ALL their software really.

Past performance is a good indicator of future behaviour. ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.

I never really clicked with Iris 1, in spite of Simon's wonderful sound designs. So this modulation makeover doesn't thrill me one little bit and Izotope will have to do without my 87 bucks or whatever.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

ok my war begins, they are deleting negative feedback! this is too much.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'm going to get the Iris 2, JRR shop $86.57 for the upgrade. How can I pass that up?
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

83.99 blowout jrrshop ;) Ordered better than 149 Dollar
Last edited by MillerSam on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Caine123 wrote:ok my war begins, they are deleting negative feedback! this is too much.
For real? lolz

Return to “Instruments”