Omnisphere - worth $500?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

neverfall wrote:I haven't visited this site in maybe two years. Just came back and people are STILL attempting to discredit Omnisphere?

Same still goes for Nexus 2 huh? :hihi: :hihi: :clap:
Oh yes. Some here never will stop trying.. :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

hibidy wrote:That's cool. It's not legal here. I don't do illegal, but if it ever gets legal I'll probably try that.
As far as i know the only officially legal context is the use of peyotl in the strict and only context of the native american church magico-religious practice

It's no use questioning xy instrument worth zw.
Quality instruments like xy can worth zw.
The real question : In your hands, how much it worth?

dune_rave wrote:It's no use questioning xy instrument worth zw.
OP is asking specific questions to try to make the determination of the software's worth to him. There is absolutely a use or value in questioning the value of such features and this is exactly how products are often compared, even by vendors. There's even a marketing name for the kind of chart that's used, it's called a "feature benefit" chart.

Now, whether those features are of value to the end consumer, that is for him to decide, but, we absolutely can compare two products with similar features and conclude, reasonably, that, based on features alone and given a substantial difference in price, one of the two products may not be worth the asking price.

So, op asks:

What makes this synth unique?
What kind of envelopes do you have? 4 sliders or draw in like Fm8?

Am I going to make sounds with this that I can't make in Sylenth, Massive, FM8, or Absynth? Why?
Clearly, OP is trying to ascertain value based on features that lead to unique sounds that he cannot produce in his existing synths. I take from this that if you can't answer the third question in the affirmative, then OP doesn't believe that omnisphere is worth the price, if you do think that it's true, then he has a reasonable followup question, why?

Well, why?

See?

The power of Omnisphere is in attracting both sides of this debate.

All hail Omnisphere. :hail: :hail:
Barry

ghettosynth wrote:
dune_rave wrote:It's no use questioning xy instrument worth zw.
OP is asking specific questions to try to make the determination of the software's worth to him. There is absolutely a use or value in questioning the value of such features and this is exactly how products are often compared, even by vendors. There's even a marketing name for the kind of chart that's used, it's called a "feature benefit" chart.

Now, whether those features are of value to the end consumer, that is for him to decide, but, we absolutely can compare two products with similar features and conclude, reasonably, that, based on features alone and given a substantial difference in price, one of the two products may not be worth the asking price.

So, op asks:

What makes this synth unique?
What kind of envelopes do you have? 4 sliders or draw in like Fm8?

Am I going to make sounds with this that I can't make in Sylenth, Massive, FM8, or Absynth? Why?
Clearly, OP is trying to ascertain value based on features that lead to unique sounds that he cannot produce in his existing synths. I take from this that if you can't answer the third question in the affirmative, then OP doesn't believe that omnisphere is worth the price, if you do think that it's true, then he has a reasonable followup question, why?

Well, why?
All of this answered ad nauseam already.

cfanyc wrote:
ghettosynth wrote: Well, why?
All of this answered ad nauseam already.
"ad nauseam", perhaps to you, the synth technology itself barely gets a mention in between all of the attempts to shut down conversation, such as with your exaggeration here. Yes, the answer is trivial, but, in fact, the "why" has not actually been answered in this thread.

Well....one can read the entire thread but, you know, it won't make a stick of difference.

If someone has to ask what it would be worth to them maybe they should do a search and see what can do?

Or is that too much to ask?
Barry

What I've learnt from this thread: whether or not it's worth $500, it's definitely worth arguing about.

One could ascertain from these threads that ownership does result in a circular rationale. :lol:
Hence, "omni-sphere" = all bubble.

BBFG# wrote:One could ascertain from these threads that ownership does result in a circular rationale. :lol:
Hence, "omni-sphere" = all bubble.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Barry

trimph1 wrote:Well....one can read the entire thread but, you know, it won't make a stick of difference.

If someone has to ask what it would be worth to them maybe they should do a search and see what can do?

Do you know what? Nobody has to ask for your permission to ask questions on this forum, honey.

bulvanskägg wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Well....one can read the entire thread but, you know, it won't make a stick of difference.

Do you know what? Nobody has to ask for your permission to ask questions on this forum, honey.
That is the first time anyone called me honey. :lol: :lol:
Barry

trimph1 wrote:
bulvanskägg wrote:

That is the first time anyone called me honey. :lol: :lol:
:lol:
:borg:

I think the price point is priced against Romplers -- not Zebra, Alchemy, etc...

For less than $1200 usd ($500 Omni, $400 Stylus RMX and $300 Trilian) you can have a Rompler killer and still get to use the controller and DAW of your choice -- for less than any new Rompler in the market -- and designed by the guy who popularized the Rompler sound. For less than $500 you can have its guts in the form of Omnisphere. NI does the same thing with Komplete. FXpansion also is similar with their product line. Cheap compared to hardware.

Software compared to software is tougher to premium price -- that is where the subscription model comes in -- death by a thousand cuts -- I'm talking to you Adobe.

Return to “Instruments”