BlueArp, Cream & Squaredheads Nora

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it just me, or are the above mentioned arpeggiator plugins basicly doing the same thing? Can someone tell me what the main differences are between those three? I have tested them all, but the most fun and best melodies I got from using BlueArp.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

The most obvious difference is that Blue Arp is free, and the other two are not.
You need to spend some time with each arp to decide which one is right for you - nobody can advise you on that.

My own favourite is Blue Arp - awesome plugin, cool developer, and the price is just right ;-)

I was aware of obvious difference and share your conclusion regarding BlueArp. Cream CM is available in the current issue of Computer Music, I wasn't aware of that one before.
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Nora is completely different.

carrieres wrote:you can read this thread too :
Is Sugarbyte Thesys the best stepsequencer out there?
Much obliged.

Check out Xfer Cthulhu also.

http://www.xferrecords.com/products/cthulhu

Nora 2 is about to be released and according to the developer, "It will bring a lot to the table...".

Nora is polyphonic and now include a chorder. Version 2 is coming soon too. If you need a quick and versatile arpeggiator BlueARP is great, but it's just an arp. Nora is much more.

IMHO Cream is the winner. Notes with perfect accuracy and patterns in each track, with a nice UI. Others just meh. BlueArp is good to be a freebie.

Can't Nora create complexer (polyphonic) arpeggios than Cream?

I'm really thinking about buying Nora 2!

It's up to you. I prefer Cream over Nora because the notes don't drift at all, and I think it has more features. Maybe Nora has a superior input, but that's all. Anyway, a synth isn't better just because it has more knobs.

Tricky-Loops wrote:Can't Nora create complexer (polyphonic) arpeggios than Cream?
Yes.

My vote goes to BlueArp. I've tried Kirnu but it's glitchy on my PC - so I stick to Blue ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Check out version 2 of Nora here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=425600

A lot of new features and it looks like the timing issues have been addressed.

Oh, did I mention all the new features? :D Too many to list here.

Return to “Instruments”