iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Caine123 wrote:ok my war begins, they are deleting negative feedback! this is too much.
I'm not even going to bother leaving feedback on their fb page.
Clearly they don't want it.

Just another sign of a company not willing to listen to the concerns/complaints/wishes of their customers.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I have been experimenting with Iris 2 for a handful of hours and can see possibilities..... There could be an Anomaly for Iris in the future...

It is not perfect, but it is interesting. But then I never checked out version 1....

dnekm wrote:I have been experimenting with Iris 2 for a handful of hours and can see possibilities..... There could be an Anomaly for Iris in the future...

It is not perfect, but it is interesting. But then I never checked out version 1....
i demo'ed iris2 and oh gosh this is only the new stuff and didnt really made me "aaahhhhhh":

Flexible new modulation system --- not bad, this is nice really but not outstanding and the only real NEW feature!

Fresh and inspiring patches LOL?!

Sample pools that can load a sample and classic oscillator waveforms LOL?!? not really that new...

Completely redesigned interface and experience --- ehmmm, well the new interface isnt really better... sorry

Extensive visualizations and metering --- not much changed

Enhanced effects and filters --- yeah but also nothing special

so for new customers iris v2 is really not bad and good yeah but expect v3 to rip you off ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Honestly? Life is too short to get this twisted up about a plugin.....

Take each instrument, in whatever iteration it happens to be residing, and make the best sounds you can with it....

What part of "a handful of hours" did you not get?

Oh boy......not this crap again! :lol:

THAT is why they do it. People that will easily dismiss it as "not a big deal" or "why are you complaining"

Next up......."go make music" ;)

I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain to that side of the fence "why" people are upset. Should be obvious.

Ummm, no.... I do not have a dog in this fight.... I am simply taking the instrument as I find it....

People pay also the 200 Dollar for the 10 VA Synths but better using 1 or 2 VA and know how to get sounding it good :p
Or paying 200 Dollar for an upgrade to Komplete 10 for what change - a new piano collection WOW , new synthesizers WOW, great new ideas ...
Better Logic X - changing few things and the GUI and removing the 32 Bit Plugins support - demanding 199 dollar - great upgrade. Logic 9 is still good enough for me

I think it's was not the best upgrade ever seen but for 83 dollar it's okay to upgrade.
I hope on better feedbacks on the "shitstorm" on Iris 2 from iZotope that they cleary say that they will update Iris 2 with the demanded updates. This would be a good decision when they say yes but if no they maybe get problems to sell it more :S
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Based on what iZotope says in their Iris2 videos ("this feature taken from Trash, that from Ozone, Insight...") it seems they only picked features from their existing FX products and added them to Iris1 to create version 2. It is obviously faster and cheaper for iZotope to issue a new version using their existing programming, but the result is that the Iris2 features and sounds are quite similar to many other synths that allow sample imports.

In Iris2 I see no original features iZotope spent the time and money to design uniquely for Iris. Some user-requested features that are not included are: spectral selection by harmonics and amplitude; quantization and timestretch; send effects and multiple outs, and spectral tools such as Metasynth did long ago. Rather than make Iris more different by developing its unique spectral features, iZotope made Iris more similar to other synths by only adding the same FX you see everywhere.

It seems that iZotope does not recognise the uniqueness of this instrument or value its user's investments as much as they should. I wonder if the engineers and bean-counters have taken over from the musicians and sound designers....
Last edited by Michael L on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Downloaded, demo'd, done deal...
8)

Demoed a/b with Iris 1, sticking with that.

I was thinking of paying $99 until I read Simon's comments.

Ridiculous

What they did with Ozone, pro / standard, now this?

I'd pay $49 for an upgrade... However I may be "done" as well...

:?

I see it more as another synth with 3GB of samples & patches...
Pretty solid for $84.00
I'm cool with that.

Just started my first patch from scratch in Iris 2, FYI, while all old patches made with v1 have envelope 5 assigned to the Mater volume with sustain set to 0 and a very short decay so the sound is gone after a second or so, new patches in v2 will have the master envelope (5) set to a usable envelope shape. So if anybody wonders about sound dropping out after loading a v1 patch, fix envelope 5 first or reassign each envelope (1-4) to their respective oscillator volumes (S1-3 and Sub-Osc), which is important if each osc had a different amplitude envelope edited in a v1 patch.

Ozone 6 Advanced... upgrade from just 5 (not advanced)...I got screwed. It doesn't even work correctly (I've reported the bugs).

Iris 2 (never owned Iris 1). Demoed. Purchased. Awesome.

I hope Simon supports this. One day.

Love it so far.

It's a pity that the Noise-shaped LFO has been removed, we now have many more usable shapes but recreating that special sound the Noise-shape created when assigning it to pitch is rather impossible.

EDIT: using one of the Multi shapes at fast speeds and then modulating the shape-slider with another LFO yields similar results, not the same but also good.

Return to “Instruments”