Huh? Creative Chilled Dubstep that's interesting? Komplete with creative video editing? No Way!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there! This track is sorta ‘chilled’ dubstep? huh? YUP! ...this my first attempt at creative video editing via Ableton Live. The music is totally original-no samples other than the drum loop that I cut up to make my own. As always I use a guitar synth as my midi controller...the acoustic guitar is running through a pedalboard with Strymon's amazing BigSky as an important part of the sound. I'm using Universal Audio Apollo's amazing preamp...please support the arts, click like and subscribe. thanks so much for listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSzEJOP ... siaCZf8hwA

Very good and original! The whole visual and audio combined give a unique experience.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

:lol:

Godzilla was good, but beetle with a ball of sh*t was hilarius.

Hey guys! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your support! Yeah! ...anything with Sh*t is ALWAYS hilarious...lol..never too old for that! :) For the record though...I didn't create the vids....I took them from youtube, cut them up and 'attempted' to synchronize them to my music...:/

Thank god you're out there finding new homes for dubstep Chuck! :)

Wickedly smooth track, as always, and that video was just too wacky for words… left me feeling stoned I think. 8)
Image Image

any1particular wrote:Hey guys! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your support! Yeah! ...anything with Sh*t is ALWAYS hilarious...lol..never too old for that! :) For the record though...I didn't create the vids....I took them from youtube, cut them up and 'attempted' to synchronize them to my music...:/
:oops:

Sorry, I was lmao so much that I'd forgot about the music.

Sounds to me like a old school hip hop with wobble bass, really cool!

When the beetle come in... :lol: :lol: :lol:

polyslax wrote:Thank god you're out there finding new homes for dubstep Chuck! :)

Wickedly smooth track, as always, and that video was just too wacky for words… left me feeling stoned I think. 8)
Matt!!!!! Been a while....yeah...I haven't given up on the DubStep....um.....twist! ??? I have the wobbles way down in the mix you know? don't want to offend anyone over 13 years old?

Yeah...if you feel stoned while watching ...well....that's just c0o!?

Thanks for stopping in! :)

XorXisT wrote:
any1particular wrote:Hey guys! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your support! Yeah! ...anything with Sh*t is ALWAYS hilarious...lol..never too old for that! :) For the record though...I didn't create the vids....I took them from youtube, cut them up and 'attempted' to synchronize them to my music...:/
:oops:

Sorry, I was lmao so much that I'd forgot about the music.

Sounds to me like a old school hip hop with wobble bass, really cool!

When the beetle come in... :lol: :lol: :lol:
@XorXisT .....hehehe....old school hip hop sounds good to me? :) c0o!

...thanks again for posting....

polyslax wrote:Thank god you're out there finding new homes for dubstep Chuck! :)
^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just popped the top off a bottle of Hobgoblin before watching that video. I had to check the label afterwards....only 5.2%

I spotted a few UK-based clips in that footage.

Those jazzy chords and runs work really well with this style, and the guitar sounds really great through that Strymon

When that 'saurus fell off the skatebooard, I was like "ouch" :cry:

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:
^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just popped the top off a bottle of Hobgoblin before watching that video. I had to check the label afterwards....only 5.2%

I spotted a few UK-based clips in that footage.

Those jazzy chords and runs work really well with this style, and the guitar sounds really great through that Strymon

When that 'saurus fell off the skatebooard, I was like "ouch" :cry:

Good work :)
Hey Tim!!!!!!

It's good to 'hear' from you!!!!!!!

Regarding the video...righto....indeed there's little doubt the clips I...um....'borrowed'...:)... exhibit English quirkiness, eccentrics and eccentricities ...and this...no doubt this is why I was so0o0o attracted to them...

I had to ask the almighty GOOGLE about this Hobgoblin? In typical GOOGLE fashion me gots way more info than a pea brain like mines can handle....at first I admit I was a tad startled....

Hobgoblin is a term typically applied in folktales to describe a friendly but troublesome creature of the Seelie Court. The most commonly known hobgoblin is the character Puck in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.

...then....much to my delight....I found this:

A full bodied ale that shows in ruby colour with a beige head that stays at half a finger. Smell of malts, chocolate, chestnut, apple pie and dark fruits, the aromas growing up as the beer warms. It has an interesting taste of malts, chocolate, cream and fruits that is well balanced by some kind of acidic character, maybe coming from the yeast or just from the malt itself. Quite earthy, with hints of toffee and orange also, and very subtle hops. Full bodied and very smooth in the mouth, with almost no carbonation and good drinkability.

Maybe not as rounded as the ESB from Fuller´s but still a great sweet ale to be tasted on a night like this, as the winter is actually coming.

I can only wish I were sitting across the table in participation.... :party:

I love these culturally educational threads.

I think ESB is probably easier to drink than Hobgoblin, certainly in large quantities, but they are both fairly strong beers. Hobgoblin puts up more of a fight.

I never read "A Midsummer Night's Dream". I should rectify that omission.

Return to “Music Cafe”