Torrents, pirates, f**kers!

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank's for the epic post, Georg, interesting insight indeed. I don't have a Rechtsschutzversicherung, and how on earth is a lawyer sitting in a Berlin office going to hunt down a pirate in New Zealand, by sending emails? Or getting somehow involved with the New Zealand legal system to enforce some sort of legal punishment on that pirate down under? I don't think that's in any way realistic, tbh and I couldn't afford it any way, layers are expensive and I hate dealing with them.

I'll live with it, if it gets worse and patchpool doesn't work any more some day, so be it, then something else will happen.

Another soundset got torrented today, I hope those strange people at least have some fun with the sounds or even make some music with them. :party:

know what? I personally didn't own any of your soundsets, but having read this thread i tasted (=/= tested) some demoes on your website found some gems to fit my collection. that is, as someone here said, the way to fight piracy, to tell others how good your soundsets are.

i was the one to hear that - in this thread.

on the other hand... thank god (or whoever pays) i can afford to get instruments and soft i need. but what if one cannot? i know striving for something strong enough to burn my mind. i remember myself going crazy in search for one sound i heard in my head and could not fully re-create it, while knowing it was the one to fit the musical piece of art i was working on. was there a 'price' i would not pay to get it? was there anything i would not do?

get me well, nothing justifies piracy - i am all against it - what i do is pirated too. but having said that in some (in fact quite rare) cases i guess i can understand those who steal to create. not in order to make money, but to get closer to their dreams.

just wondering how many of the leechers fall in this cathegory...

Everytime those things happen i (as a customer) personally feel a little bit offended by the idea that people don't turn to became customers only because they can get something for "free".

I think the majority if not all of your customers can easily find the "free" versions via google and still they are well.. your customers.

So what exactly make you angry? People who obviously are not your customers anyway?

So why you waste energy about that?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Being torrented feels like being robbed or pick-pocketed. Everyone who has experienced this will feel more or less the same way. Then one can start to analyze things and discuss about the pros and cons of piracy. But the feeling more or less remains. So there is emotion involved which is a little harder to control than ratio.

A lot of my early jazz-fusion-albums for ECM today can be found on ringtone sites, most of my 2200+ Soundcloud tracks and demos have been ripped to all sorts of commercial torrent sites, many of my other music albums too, even live-concerts with music I composed for big-band and other stuff. I can live with that better because my main income today is generated by sound designing and less by composing. Many of my composer colleagues nowadays can't make a living from composing music anymore, I found a way to become independent from the music biz. Piracy is a thread to my sound design endeavors, it's as simple as that.

If it might help to lift your enthusiasm even a little Simon, I had not heard of Patchpool until reading this topic. I own licenses for all the Valhalla DSP products, NI Reaktor and also own u-he Zebra (and, as of yesterday, ZebraHZ if you plan to do patches for that) so I've bookmarked your site and will come back and make some purchases after I've had a good sleep.

I don't have much internet data allowance (2.5GB per month) so downloading sound packs is not really an option but presets and patches always interest me and don't require much data to download.

Even though there are pirates and thieves left, right and center, there will always be genuine customers who value the work people such as yourself put into producing these products. It is refreshing to see so many devs and designers who have NOT caved in to the iLok thing. All that does is penalize the real customers while the thieves and pirates STILL manage to crack stuff and torrent it anyway. I will not go near anything that requires iLok but I will GLADLY support those whose products use a simple registration file, a serial number or even an online challenge/response or registration, such as NI, Toontrack and iZotope use (I have Komplete 8, Superior Drummer 2, Ozone 5 Advanced and RXII Advanced and have no issues with their registration).

Anyway, that was more than I planned to write but I just wanted to add to those here who have shown support for you and disdain for the pirates. :tu:

Thank's for chiming in! My enthusiasm for sound and music is unbroken, and will be until my lights go out. If it comes across differently in this thread, then that's a wrong impression. I don't use any kind of copy protection for my librareis, but that's not the culprit for being torrented, if I did use some sort of protection, much more of my stuff would have been torrented already, sounds absurd but that´s how things are out there.

A warning if you plan on buying from Simon's catalog...
They're addictive.
I think I've probably spent more on that site than any other developer.
Great sounds all way around.

BBFG# wrote:A warning if you plan on buying from Simon's catalog...
They're addictive.
LOL - thank's, man - maybe I should attach a warning sign in very large red letters on the patchpool front page :D

I was going to wait until I'd had some sleep before listening to the Zebra2 patches but I figured I'd just take a quick listen now. As a result, you have another sale. Love your work on those Simon! :tu:

They're addictive.
I concur! :help: :hihi:
This soundset will be delivered as a zip-file to the Email address provided via paypal. Please allow me a few hours to process your order.
That was the fastest few hours I've ever experienced Simon!! Just got the email...... Must resist the temptation to load into Zebra BEFORE going to bed!!! :D

AusDisciple wrote:I was going to wait until I'd had some sleep before listening to the Zebra2 patches but I figured I'd just take a quick listen now. As a result, you have another sale. Love your work on those Simon! :tu:

Thank's for the flowers :)

AusDisciple wrote:
They're addictive.
I concur! :help: :hihi:
This soundset will be delivered as a zip-file to the Email address provided via paypal. Please allow me a few hours to process your order.
That was the fastest few hours I've ever experienced Simon!! Just got the email...... Must resist the temptation to load into Zebra BEFORE going to bed!!! :D
Yeah, I got up at 4 in the morning and I am currently in my studio working on some new sounds with the office laptop online, so the delivery was as fast as an automated process which will be implemented sooner than later.

same with me. i supposed i got an automated reply that the order is being processed, while these were the download links already.

man, d'you ever sleep? if you pass away rhere are quite few with that passuon and enthusiasm... ;-)

:wink: I won't pass away for a long time to come, that's the plan anyway. My sleeping patterns have been deranged for many years, when I'm on a mission I can only sleep for a few hours, then I have to fire up the studio and continue.

Return to “patchpool”