Glitch 2 Or Stutter Edit?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Effectrix is best for glitching

KingTuck wrote:The Finger can be fun too. I'm pretty sure most of these have demos (but I could be wrong), just check em out for yourself.
Can't find a demo for The Finger at NI?:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... he-finger/

Would be great to check it out.

often overlooked but i like it even more than effectrix: loomer sequent :tu:

Gosh wrote:often overlooked but i like it even more than effectrix: loomer sequent :tu:
Thanks Gosh. I may as well take this opportunity to point out that I've just recently released a Sequent update too, which adds various improvements, including AAX Native 64-bit support on Mac and Windows.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Automaton by Audio Damage is another contender, lean and mean, and keenly priced

http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/prod ... ?pid=AD020

How was timed stutter editing done before these? Chopping waveforms?

In an old Basshunter song, a siren starts to rhythmically stutter like a quick synth and I began to wonder how much he notated verses stutter-edited whole notes such as the siren.

Turnado ...great for on the fly tweaking.
Glitch Bitch...not a performance tool but does what it does very well.
Still appreciate Loopmash in cubase. Can get some great results once you know what your doing.
Simple audio editing can be very rewarding, especially as a lot of daws (cubase in my case) has great waveform editing and auto functions..
Sold stutteredit, turnado covered it...permut8, not a fan but many seem to praise it. Demoed Glitch2 as glitch1 was free and a lot of fun...simple interface and pelaseing results.
Not tried a lot else as Turnado, loopmash and simple editing cover it for me.

arkmabat wrote:How was timed stutter editing done before these? Chopping waveforms?
By whatever means necessary, but usually through sequencing and sample start/end manipulation rather than working with waveforms directly.

The autoglitch plugins was the focus of much ridicule, but that may have changed.

deastman wrote:Also check out The Finger for Native Instruments Reaktor.
Thanks for mentioning this one.
I see it's in my Komplete, always has been.
And i've never realized it...
(ok, maybe that's the problem with komplete, one should take some time to check out what's in there;
reaktor is endless, but if i don't know, what it contains, it's useless)

I often thought about getting stutter edit, but always missed the opportunities when it was on sale, and so i ended up buying Effectrix. I like it, but i don't use it very much.

asksol wrote:
arkmabat wrote:How was timed stutter editing done before these? Chopping waveforms?
By whatever means necessary, but usually through sequencing and sample start/end manipulation rather than working with waveforms directly.

The autoglitch plugins was the focus of much ridicule, but that may have changed.
A sampler can arpeggiate a rhythm into a long sample?

arkmabat wrote:
asksol wrote:

A sampler can arpeggiate a rhythm into a long sample?
Trackers can easily, but can be tricky using traditional samplers. Worst case you would have to cut the sample up and map the slices to keys (or use a loop slicer if you have one).

Some samplers cannot automate start/end points, so then there is the tedious work of mapping each value to each key, ending up with up to 4 octaves for a really smooth "The Matrix effect" transition stutter :)

I tend to prefer something with immediate feedback now, but still feel that the result of using stutter edit, etc usually end up either robotic or random. Playing samplers and slicers live and fine editing in the sequencer to get really fast 1/64 trills etc is my current workflow, but maybe I could find a way to trigger those trills on the keyboard instead and I would be in heaven.

I may just find an automatable "mute" button... Thanks for the thoughts.

Return to “Effects”