Problems with MidiShaper and PatchWork in Logic Pro X

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I've been trying to get Cableguys MidiShaper (the latest Demo Version, VST) and Patchwork (Full Version) to work together inside Logic Pro X. But without success. Midi routing is working with KirnuCM, so basically I know what to do to route midi inside Patchwork.

Can someone else please try it and tell me if they got it to work?

regards, Lars.

Hi Lars,

Can you maybe explain with more details what you are doing? We tried this plugin inside PatchWork and it seems to be doing the job properly, sending MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins that are connected to it.

Thanks. I just needed to know that. I tried again, and now it works. Don't know what I did wrong the first time...

Glad that you sorted things out! Thanks for telling us.

larsomat wrote:Thanks. I just needed to know that. I tried again, and now it works. Don't know what I did wrong the first time...
I have found weirdness with Patchwork mfx and Cthulu mfx when used with VST's inside a Summing stack. Seems randomly not to work. It works on single instrument tracks on the arrange though.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

@woodsdenis: you are using the 1.62 version, right? Not sure I understand what you mean here: what does exactly happen? I did not know you could use MIDI effects on summing stacks...

Blue Cat Audio wrote:@woodsdenis: you are using the 1.62 version, right? Not sure I understand what you mean here: what does exactly happen? I did not know you could use MIDI effects on summing stacks...
When you are using an mfx plugin on a vst nested inside a summing stack. I think its a Logic issue as Cthulu has the same issue. It's very random but never happens when you use a vst outside a stack on the arrange. Yes it has happened on 1.5 and 1.62. It's one of those un repro ones. Strange. I have about 10 vst instruments in a stack in my template, when this happens I can drag the patchwork from a non working one to another and it will kick in. If I have an issue I just do it on a single track on the arrange.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”