Guitar Multi FX VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 Guitar Rig Pro POD Farm

Pretty sure this was discussed when V2 came out, and people mentioned the fx version was still 1.5, maybe contact Cakewalk support, and try to arrange a download, since your a paying customer. Well worth the effort.
Cheers

forum malfunction
Last edited by glokraw on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

forum malfunction

This one: http://aegeanmusic.com/amp-vision
is nice and it won't cost you a fortune ($36)

I use it myself and I'm very pleased with it.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Numanoid wrote:Line 6 Podfarm is pretty good, but I dunno if there is free version of that?
I think there still is.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Don't mean to criticize, but if you didn't see any effects in Amplitube you really should look again. It has both stomps (pedal-style stuff, before the amp) and rack fx (studio-style processors after amp-speakers-mics). Lots of them aren't included with the basic version, but you can demo ones you find interesting.

Everyone has their own opinion of course, but I personally really like Amplitube. Huge variety of amps that actually sound, feel, and respond differently from each other, and for me, many of them sound and feel great. I don't do metal, no opinion there, but I do use both clean and distorted stuff, really dig it. I've tried all the major alternatives I'm aware of, AT's my clear favorite.

But if you want effects, not an amp sim, it really depends what you're looking for. Do you mean like delay/chorus/flange/pitch/verb? Fuzz/distortion/compression/gate? Wacko bent stuff? Nothing says it has be meant for guitar, and there are a ton of fx out there, free and not.

One that's not weird, just useful, is Distorq's Rangebastard treble and gain booster.

AmpLion by Audiffex is also a great multi FX (and amp) suite for guitars!

And I'm still a big fan of SHRED and the other plugins by AcmeBarGig! :love:
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djmino02 wrote:Hey, I'm wondering if anyone on here has any experience w/ Guitar multi effect processor VST's. I downloaded the free Amplitube 3 but I don't see any effects on that. Also, how does Guitar Rig compare to Amplitube 3.
If it is more of the multi effects processing that you get with the floor and/or rack units dedicated for guitar and/or bass guitar effects then IMveryhumbleHO Native Instrument's Guitar Rig 5 Pro with all the trimmings is where it is at, It also works great for multiple processing and effects chains on any sources really

If it is the actual boost/overdrive/distortion/fuzz boxes, Guitar and/or bass amp heads, combos and speaker cabinet emulations of real world rigs then IMveryhumbleHO IK Multimedia's AmpliTube 3 with the Custom Shop bits of gear to suit your own preferences/choice is definitely the way to go. Another I pair I augment AT3 with is Overloud's TH2 and MarkBass Mark Studio, That covers pretty much every flavour of guitar and bass amplifier I need and can always find something that works, Also with great quality effects processing on offer...Just not as whacky and as mad as one is able to go with Guitar Rig 5 Pro in my experience...That suits me fine though personally

Waves GTR 3.5 can do some decent/reliable clean to heavy sounds but doesn't feel as good nor as inspiring as AT3 does or TH2 plus the effects processing is pretty vanilla, The dynamic controllers it provides are very respectable though to give it its due

Line 6 POD Farm v2.5 Platinum is basically a POD X3 in plugin format (or an XT maxed out with all the expansions which could be bought separately at the time). I've had many versions of Line 6's POD including one of the X3 models but never got much mileage with the guitar PODs until I picked up a POD HD 500X a few months ago (The dedicated Bass Guitar POD's are a different story, Still use my Bass POD XT on almost all bass tracks), You get a truck load of models of everything, I'd actually say there is too much (if such a thing exists) which would explain why I'm enjoying the 'stripped down' nature of the POD HD :shrug:

Peavey Electronics Revalver 4, Can't really comment much on this one since I've not even tried it myself, I am familiar with previous version and it can sound excellent with the bonus of being capable of loading any VST processor or effect plugin wherever you like, So say you wish to utilize one of SoundToys Native Effects plugin's after the pre-amp but before the power-amp stage, It is a doddle within Revalver. Also I suppose being able to load in any of the other mentioned software solutions as plugin's within it could be for some people be the absolute dogs bollocks, Along with stuff I haven't mentioned as they don't really cover multiple effects processing but
both commercial and freeware are really good and always improving.

If the stomp box layout is appealing to you then checking out what Audiffex have to offer seems like time well spent http://www.audiffex.com/ they offer many processing and effects plus a 'virtual' pedal board look that might appeal and are priced at very good value for money.

Ultimately though, The quickest manner in which to go about choosing what will work for your own needs and wants is to get your hand's dirty by demoing what is available

Hope that helps some and all the best to all as always :tu:

Dean

trimph1 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Line 6 Podfarm is pretty good, but I dunno if there is free version of that?
I think there still is.
There is but its obviously somewhat limited. Off the top of my head it comes with an excellent delay Phase 90 recreation and tremolo (from a fender combo), and fuzz face i think as well as a bass guitar and JCM 800.

Return to “Effects”