iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Michael L wrote:...who will use information from the Usage Analysis Package in Iris 2 to propose BreakTweaker features in Iris 3...
...which ditches the spectral filter mask entirely and re-introduces an overhauled version of the ToothPain effect.

Aloysius wrote:Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.
I can save him! I sense there is still good in him!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.
I can save him! I sense there is still good in him!
:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

For what it is worth, here are my first experiments with Iris 2.....

http://westgatesounds.net/free

Just place the dnekm folder in your Iris 2 Patches folder...

Still tinkering.....
Last edited by dnekm on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

dnekm wrote:For what it is worth, here are my first experiments with Iris 2.....

http://westgatesounds.net/free/Iris2.rar

Still tinkering.....
"Error 403 Forbidden".

dnekm wrote:For what it is worth, here are my first experiments with Iris 2.....

http://westgatesounds.net/free/Iris2.rar

Still tinkering.....
I get FORBIDDEN.

nm
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Thank you dnekm :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I have to say that the more I have played with Iris 2 the more I like. After getting over the initial disappointment of not being able to modulate anything spectral and the compatibility issues (with its own content and others) I have found myself using Iris 2 a lot, and going back to Iris 1 frankly seems a bit weird. B**tards - I think they got me!

So- In praise of Iris.... That new modulations and envelope system is top draw and very easy to use- In fact Iris 2 is super easy to use. The new filters are also very good and the limiter is useful.

Perhaps modulating the spectral stuff is difficult, but I am hopeful that they will do the following as a .5 update (hint ;-))

Patch back in the 8 gig or Iris 1 content! (and assist or encourage sound dev's with help importing...says in the manual it can be done!)
Add a filter to the synth section (so we have 4 x different filters for each sample and then the master)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Which limiter? It's just named differently, before it was "Loudness" now it's called "Intensity", but it's exactly the same function/module used.

I must of fallen for the marketing hype- the 20 minute video manual says "Intensity" is a 'new' module based on something (cant remember what) so I assumed it had updated....seems strange to change the name and say its new if it isn't?

The manual just says 'Intensity engages a special blend of iZotope’s signature compression and limiting algorithms to give your patch an extra boost of loudness to help cut through the mix'
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:I must of fallen for the marketing hype- the 20 minute video manual says "Intensity" is a 'new' module based on something (cant remember what) so I assumed it had updated....seems strange to change the name and say its new if it isn't?

The manual just says 'Intensity engages a special blend of iZotope’s signature compression and limiting algorithms to give your patch an extra boost of loudness to help cut through the mix'
It sounds exactly as before if my ears still work as they used to some days ago, and I wouldn't know when they introduced new loudness algos recently, certainly not for this release. But of course I can be wrong and the emperors new clothes are actually new clothes, to me they look identical though.

More findings:
If an oscillator was tuned down e.g. 12 semitones in a v1 patch, it defaults to 0/no transposition in v2.

and a bad one:
when assigning a Macro to Coarse tuning in an oscillator, it does not scale to semitones anymore in v2 as it used to in v1, so setting up perfectly tuned intervals with a Macro is not really possible anymore unless you spend some time with a calculator or have perfect hearing.

EDIT: and the scalability of the Macros is so coarse that you can't actually set up perfect intervals anymore at all, so if you want to tune down/up an osc one octave with a Macro, no luck.

Here is another new patch, first I built the patch in Iris 1, then fixed all the translation bugs and rebuilt all the modulation and envelope assignments in Iris 2, and added 1 more modulation in v2, as I had some spare LFOS :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-FIbE7GB_c

Return to “Instruments”