Any guitar loopers into T5 (MIDI footswitch, extra software??)?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm wondering whether there are any people looping guitar parts straight into T5 and editing later to make songs. I've recently been composing more in terms of loops ever since I got the TC ditto, but I want to have each phrase into a separate track in T5 so that I can edit and mix later, which the ditto doesn't allow me to do.

I don't have any MIDI footswitch or anything like that. I'm curious what your setup is and how you made T5 work for this purpose. I heard of a freeware looper called Mobius. Maybe you use T5 with something like that?

Thanks in advance.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

I have a behringer foot pedal yes it works to do looping. Its cool man.

Thanks man, so it's possible to only use the MIDI pedal to switch tracks and record on the fly with T5?

No i used a few pedal simulation plugins. Its cool. Id say try out plugs and if you need to press a footswitch instead of clicking a mouse then try finding a midi footswitch :)

Pedal simulation? You mean for effects? I actually have both hardware and software for effects and amp simulation. I just don't know the looping part. I just want to record loop phrases into separate tracks in the DAW and start/stop the recording and arm different tracks all with the MIDI footswitch. It kinda looks like I am definitely gonna need the MIDI footswitch, perhaps the Behringer FCB1010. I just don't know if T5 can work with it the way I want it to.

Ok, someone above already said the Behringer FBC1010 can be used to accomplish this, so I'm leaning toward getting one while I still don't know the details of how it will work with Tracktion. But for anyone who is trying to learn how to do this, here's a very clear tutorial with Reaper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6sEwazZLhk

I'll be sure to record a tutorial with T5 if I can accomplish this. I wish we had as many users and tutorials as Reaper did.

I tried to setup Möbius in T5 with multi-out but was not able to get sound. I assume I have to add Möbius VST as a rack filter and T5 does an initial automatic wiring of the 8 tracks in Möbius it seems. But from there on, I failed. Any pointers?

Ok, I watched the Groove3 T5 plugin racks EZDrummer example and got a bit further. Now, I can get Mobius loops playing as it sits wrapped in a rack. But I can't get them to play in separate channels. Everything plays in the first channel. Perhaps I need to set something up within Mobius, but have not been able to figure out so far.

When this is done, I will post the full solution and a template file everyone can use. So any help will benefit all future users.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A template would be most welcome here. I remember trying to get Mobius working in T3 some years ago but gave up as it didn't seem to operate as expected. Perhaps it works better in T5.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Ok, I actually got it to work (the Mobius part of the Reaper video helped with the final missing thing). Mobius in T5 going into separate tracks. That is, each of the 8 tracks in Mobius is routed into 8 separate tracks in T5. I'm not sure how to actually record the audio into T5 still. Mobius is doing all the recording and looping.

So, what's the best way to share this. Do I just save the T5 session or archive it or make it a template? What would be easiest for other people to use? When I know, I will probably start a Mobius + T5 thread and share it there so it doesn't get buried here.

Best bet is to export a Tracktion archive that has just one edit, with Mobius setup in it. Then people can save off the Mobius rack as a preset, and/or use the edit as a template.

Out of interest, what res is your screen? Mine is 1920x1080, but in windows 8.0 I get quite ropey overlaps in the status area of Mobius (the bit that shows the audio input meter, and the time counters etc). All the gui elements kind of overlap each other. They're clearly not doing that in your screengrabs, so I dunno what's going on with my machine. It's making me not want to be arsed trying to figure out using Mobius though, tbh ...
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Chico, I actually experienced the exact same glitches yesterday. Even when I minimized T5 and Mobius, parts of the Mobius circular time counters were on my desktop!!! I'm on Win 7 but I don't know what my screen resolution is. I can try to figure it out when I go home if it's critical for you to know.

I'm going to create the necessary archive file and share it in a new thread very soon. Thanks everyone for the help.

No, don't worry about the res too much, i just wondered if it's higher than mine. If I make the Mobius gui any smaller than full screen (like windowed), the gui elements all overlap each other.

They don't "un-overlap" each other, even at full screen, which is a pain in the arse on just a laptop screen, when I don't really need the gui to be all that big. If i had multiple monitors it wouldn't be so bad, but still a bit clunky.

It's just you seem to have it running in a window, and running much less overlapped than i even manage at full screen. There's obviously something that's not getting on with Mobius, and my laptop, but i'm not sure what it might be ... Maybe I'll try different versions or something

Okay, scratch that, I just found out that if I press Z on my keyboard, I can drag bits of the Mobius gui around, to reposition them.

Maybe I've done that by accident somehow before now, and positioned them wrong (I definitely don't remember doing that). Or they just loaded in a small window, overlapped, first time I ran it, or something. Dunno. But I might be able to work around that problem now.

Ok, so I still have a problem to solve. I did the routing alright but how do I get T5 to record the output in these separate channels? That is, there is a Mobius Wrapper that takes my guitar input and routes it to separate tracks. I get audio separately in these tracks when I loop in Mobius. But when I hit record in T5, it attempts to record the guitar input in the Mobius Wrapper track (which doesn't record anything). When I try to arrange the input of the other channels to listen to Mobius Wrapper, the recording is blank also. So, what's the way to record the signal coming into the separate tracks? If I can arrange that, the template is ready for everyone to use.

Return to “Tracktion”