Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

TeotiGraphix wrote: Since you know exactly what the problem is, just send him an email. I couldn't pin down exactly what was happening since I was thinking it was my computer or something (since Dom said the MK2 was working).
Done.

Hello, i just got a push ,and tested the script, i want to thank you for this amazing job ! Really, it so cool, and really promising !

It is my first controller so i will have some question.

How to select the line ? i mean, i can add track, clips, but how to delete a track, when i have selected the clip, impossible ti reselect the track, here is a key ?

This is the first question maybe others will follow.

Thanks for the answer. Bye

Ps : sorry for my bad english ! :evil:

lamouette/rck wrote: How to select the line ? i mean, i can add track, clips, but how to delete a track, when i have selected the clip, impossible ti reselect the track, here is a key ?
I am not sure if I understood your question. Are you asking about deleting a track?
Deletion is currently a little bit dangerous since the API can only send a Delete-button press but not delete something specific.
This means if you select a track (but nothing else) you can press Delete and the track gets deleted.

Hi guys.

I am in the process of returning my Trigger Finger Pro for a Push and I had a few questions about Push in Bitwig.

In drum sequencer mode, does Push 'see' all the midi note events in an existing midi clip? For example, I export a midi file from EZdrummer2 into Bitwig, will Push's drum sequencer see all the notes so that I can overdub the parts I want to change?

I can see from lots of videos that creating a new midi clip in the drum sequencer will allow overdub but havent been able to find anything about modifying existing midi clips.

Cheers and looking forward to Push4Bitwig!

nori.lam wrote: I am in the process of returning my Trigger Finger Pro for a Push and I had a few questions about Push in Bitwig.
Good decision!
nori.lam wrote: I can see from lots of videos that creating a new midi clip in the drum sequencer will allow overdub but havent been able to find anything about modifying existing midi clips.
All Sequencers of the Push4Bitwig scripts (even the Raindrop one) are based on a clip in Bitwig. Therefore, you "see" all existing notes.

^^Yahoo!!

moss wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote: Since you know exactly what the problem is, just send him an email. I couldn't pin down exactly what was happening since I was thinking it was my computer or something (since Dom said the MK2 was working).
Done.
Moss, i really think this has to do with VU observers man, I was thinking this morning, i turned them off in the Maschine script and wasn't having these problems, I had the MK2 and Studio hooked up at the same time testing last week.

Maybe I am wrong, but those observers fire insistently even if you are not viewing the VUs. If you have long trailing delays and reverb, those observers just keep getting fired even when you have the transport stopped.

Something to think about any way.

BTW, we definitely need something int eh framework that allows an easy switch to not hook those up if we don't need them.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

TeotiGraphix wrote: BTW, we definitely need something int eh framework that allows an easy switch to not hook those up if we don't need them.
I started thinking about that too but there is still only the possibility to enable (or not) the observers on startup and not during runtime. That might help simpler scripts but not something like Push which uses ALL observers.

So I'm reporting as this is now happening quite regularly when using 4.0 script.

In the middle of a busy project when I want to select another track, the original track wont release the selection making the 2 tracks flashing between selecting the one and then the other. It does this in a very fast manner and gets stuck in an uncontrollable loop. When switching off Push Bitwig crashes immediately (literally half a second and I'm back at the desktop). It also crashes when in the looping state and then going to the prefs and refreshing the controller.

Not exactly know how to reproduce but happens in crowded projects and is not related to one specific or type of track.

edit: I can reproduce half of it... so not accurate but create an empty project add like 20 mixed tracks (inst/audio) and delete w/ backspace one at a time. You will see that sometimes it selects another track and/or all the pads flash real quickly only now it's not looping.

Raffi wrote:So I'm reporting as this is now happening quite regularly when using 4.0 script.

In the middle of a busy project when I want to select another track, the original track wont release the selection making the 2 tracks flashing between selecting the one and then the other. It does this in a very fast manner and gets stuck in an uncontrollable loop. When switching off Push Bitwig crashes immediately (literally half a second and I'm back at the desktop). It also crashes when in the looping state and then going to the prefs and refreshing the controller.

Not exactly know how to reproduce but happens in crowded projects and is not related to one specific or type of track.

edit: I can reproduce half of it... so not accurate but create an empty project add like 20 mixed tracks (inst/audio) and delete w/ backspace one at a time. You will see that sometimes it selects another track and/or all the pads flash real quickly only now it's not looping.
Really quickly, yes I have seen this in my own scripts, I am willing to bet it has to do with clicking the select track arrows to quick.

I know it need to be fixed, I think it has to do with the bank selection/select track scheduled task callback but until it can be fixed, a work around is just try and not "double click" the button. Basically be gentle with the track navigation for now.

EDIT: And with your delete track example, its the same because when you get to a point, the track bank select happens and that is when the loop occurs, when you get to the END IE track 8 in the 1-8 track bank just before it scrolls to the next/prev bank of 8 tracks.

It seems this is a new bug introduced with version 1.1 and Bitwigs bank selection.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

Hey Mike, that makes sense.

Regarding the arrow buttons, are you referring to the arrow buttons on the Push? I never use those, it just happens when I single mouse click on a track to select it and I can't be more gentle than giving it one click :)

I'll keep an eye on it if this indeed happens on a track thats on the end of a bank.

Thanks!

Raffi wrote:Hey Mike, that makes sense.

Regarding the arrow buttons, are you referring to the arrow buttons on the Push? I never use those, it just happens when I single mouse click on a track to select it and I can't be more gentle than giving it one click :)

I'll keep an eye on it if this indeed happens on a track thats on the end of a bank.

Thanks!
Yes, I was referring to the arrows on the controller but, you mouse clicking on a track triggers the same logic in the script as does the arrows for track nav on the controller when a bank needs to be changed.

From my perspective, there is a hack in the base framework for banks and that you can't in the same time switch a bank AND a track at the same time, you need some milliseconds to go by. I think this really needs to be fixed on Bitwig's end, our solution is a hack months ago to solve the bank/track selection.

I think Bitwig should just make this functionality exist in their native bank selection.

I get this occasionally in the Maschine script, not often but enough to crash Bitwig. :)

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

Raffi wrote:So I'm reporting as this is now happening quite regularly when using 4.0 script.
Please report this (especially your crash log) to Bitwig support.

Just want to chime in with a big thank you all for this script. Just bought myself a Push and it's awesome. :-)

jensa wrote:Just want to chime in with a big thank you all for this script. Just bought myself a Push and it's awesome. :-)
You are welcome! :)

Return to “Controller Scripting”