Soundbanks for Moog Little Phatty / Slim Phatty

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

i finally got a Moog Slim Phatty (Little Phatty rack) after having no real analog synth for 6 years.
I have already searched the web but did not find any free or commercial soundbanks (except the factory banks included with the editor software) so far.

It would be nice if someone could post links here as far as there are any banks.

I already started doing my own presets with the Slim Phatty and would ask if there is any interest for a commercial bank from me. This will include a full bank with 100 presets then.

I'm not sure how this will work in the first version of the Little Phatty as the Slim Phatty is based on the latest version of the Little Phatty II. I am currently using the latest OS v3.1: http://www.moogmusic.com/OSv3.1

I have already published a bank for the Waldorf Blofeld (see my signature) so i have some experience in sound design for hardware synths (and several software synths).

Best wishes,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Any suggestions? Replies are welcome... :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hey Ingo,

You a moogerfooger too nao? Welcome to the club :) It's a brilliant synth, a pleasure to perform with it :D

I've got a little phatty stage 2 myself, but unfortunately am not interested in buying any presets for it (the synthesis features are so "limited" that it's faster/easier to just build the patches from scratch IMO). But do try pitching a patchbank, who knows there might be some real demand for it.. I'd recommend checking the official moog forum for feedback.

Cheers

tetsuneko wrote:Hey Ingo,

You a moogerfooger too nao? Welcome to the club :) It's a brilliant synth, a pleasure to perform with it :D

I've got a little phatty stage 2 myself, but unfortunately am not interested in buying any presets for it (the synthesis features are so "limited" that it's faster/easier to just build the patches from scratch IMO). But do try pitching a patchbank, who knows there might be some real demand for it.. I'd recommend checking the official moog forum for feedback.

Cheers
Hi,

many thanks for your reply. Yes the Slim Phatty is great and it's a joy having a real analog synth again, especially a real Moog. :)
I am doing presets for it anyway and as there seem to be not many banks available for it it could be worth to publish a bank for it. The amount of users should be big enough i guess.

I also collaborate with Steve from Synth Magic (who also got a real Little Phatty), he just released the Jen SX3000 Kontakt synth (incl. Sub-Osc samples from the Little Phatty...) with 72 presets from me:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=324333

I reprogrammed some of those presets with the Slim Phatty now. Sounds really great (in both in the Phatty and the Jen SX3000 BTW). Steve got some of those for testing so i know they also work on a Little Phatty keyboard version.

I was also involved in the factory sounds of Xhun Audio LittleOne (Little Phatty emulation) so i would like to publish the same bank for both synths (hardware + software).

Besides a possible commercial interest it's just fun recreating all my favorite (and some new ones) sound on the Slim Phatty. With the use of the Arpeggaitor, Osc Sync, modulations (e.g. LFO), filter saturation, switchable filter poles (1-4) and morphable waveforms (could be used for e.g. PWM) it's not as limited as it looks IMO.
Except for a third oscillator the old Minimoog model D (i had one in 2004/2005 for some months) seems to be more limited in most cases. The Voyager seems to have the features of the Phatty too but it's really expensive in comparison.

Best wishes,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Hi

I know this is digging up old stuff, but since there is already topic for this, I wouldn't want to make another one. Just wanted to recommend my soundbank for little/slim phatty.

http://soundsforsynth.com/home/98-sound ... hatty.html

Enjoy the demo video, but there is a lot more inside :wink:
http://knobz.net/ - Sound Effects, Sound Design and Synth Presets.

Strange that one can buy the Dune1 Big Pack (which Rob Lee set free meanwhile) for $55 there.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

You might want to let the owner of the site about this, if Rob Lee hasn't informed him about this, he might not be aware and is hard for the store owner to track the status of all his products all over the web.
http://knobz.net/ - Sound Effects, Sound Design and Synth Presets.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”