FL Studio 12 BETA available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

alvfaria wrote:Yes, you need to.

"Global generic links are window/plugin-specific"
You can use a temporary link and save it as a template. Right click MIDI CC #1 in the browser, link to controller, select omni, move your wheel and you're done.

TheNickC wrote:

You can use a temporary link and save it as a template. Right click MIDI CC #1 in the browser, link to controller, select omni, move your wheel and you're done.
some of us (me), are too damned old to be able to do something like that without poking it with a walking stick and breaking something else.

this issue is the reason I bought:
: a new keyboard (because I thought my mod wheel had died)
: Sonar X3 (which doesn't run U-He stuff) but does let my modwheel work.
:Live 9 (which does run U-He and let my modwheel work but which I hate)
:ad nauseum.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

The per channel swing looks awesome..

werp wrote:some of us (me), are too damned old to be able to do something like that without poking it with a walking stick and breaking something else.

this issue is the reason I bought:
: a new keyboard (because I thought my mod wheel had died)
: Sonar X3 (which doesn't run U-He stuff) but does let my modwheel work.
:Live 9 (which does run U-He and let my modwheel work but which I hate)
:ad nauseum.
It does create confusion for people that are used to how other hosts operate and changing the default behavior is a legit request. Just saying that there is currently a better way than re-linking it every time you add a synth.

TheNickC wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QhJM_mq0lE

...and specifically with FL12;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-E4gnQ ... page#t=167
Eternitysound VST Banks

Please discontinue that hideous animation called Fruity Dancer.

Just don't use it... :shrug:
Eternitysound VST Banks

ls1xxx wrote: I really have considered leaving this daw because of this issue. Why is it that every other daw (and i mean every single other one of them) do not have this problem? I do not want to go in everytime and have to Midi CC this and that. It should automatically detect it. Yes the detection needs to be Increment. I agree! Please Image-Line FIX THIS! :bang:
I don't understand why it doesn't do this automatically either. Is there a reason?

FL plugins don't have "a" modulation, that's the reason. Why hard-link a modulation wheel to a 25-years old MIDI thing, while you can make it linkable to anything? You shouldn't need a hardware mod wheel to control a plugin's modulation, and you shouldn't need a plugin to support MIDI modulation in order to use a hardware mod wheel. Joystick, mouse, XY control, camera, those are valid ways to control a plugin too.

And if you want this to be linked by default because you only use VST's, save it as a template.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Could you not just offer a template that's already set up, when you install FL Studio? I would imagine a lot of people (like me) will want to use the mod wheel and pitch bend wheel of their MIDI keyboard with all their VSTs. (I've set it up now and it only took two minutes, but I had no idea why it wasn't working before I came to this thread.)
Nobody suggested hard linking it, just giving people a really simple option to select what they want, without every single user having to manually program it, as described in the videos above.

But pitch is -already- pre-linked in all of our templates, so if you pretend it's not, then adding mod wheel isn't gonna help.

basslinemaster wrote:I don't understand why it doesn't do this automatically either. Is there a reason?
Because the lead dev is a bit "difficult".

Hmm. So could a mater template be made for every synth? I don't really know templates

Really the handling of standard MIDI CCs shouldn't require any templates/fudges/workarounds/excuses.

By default, all CCs should simply be passed to a plugin. If you've defined (overridden) the mapping for a plugin by linking it to a controller, that should take precedence instead (i.e. if you map CC1 to Resonance, CC1 should no longer be mapped to the MW, the plugin's default CC1). Problem solved. There should definitely be no need to map CCs to themselves - that's a dead giveaway that the current implementation is broken.

sjm wrote: By default, all CCs should simply be passed to a plugin.
That's not FL's philosophy. Tons of sequencers are "MIDI", why would the world need another one? I wanted FL not designed around a 25-years old protocol, I don't consider a MIDI controller as the only kind of controller out there, and I'm not happy with 7bit control. FL doesn't let MIDI controllers talk directly to plugins, just like an OS doesn't let a word editor talk directly to your printer.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”